Williams FW34 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
JackHammer

Re: Williams FW34 Renault

Those pictures are from the Abu Dhabi Young Driver Test

Banki
Banki

ESPImperium wrote:A posible 2012 livery render:

Hmm it's beatiful.
I liked colour that they used on the tests last year.

Banki
Banki

Banki wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:A posible 2012 livery render:

Hmm it's beatiful.
I also liked colour that they used on the tests last year.

stefan_
stefan_

i can't see the need of the yellow bit through. back in the days that was used because of the camel sponsorship, but now it would be pointless.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

The shakedown wasn't run afterall, according to a team spokesperson:
"The shakedown could not take place due to bad weather conditions."
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

bhall
bhall

stefan_ wrote:i can't see the need of the yellow bit through. back in the days that was used because of the camel sponsorship, but now it would be pointless.
Renault's traditional racing color is yellow, so it wouldn't be entirely pointless.

f1aussie
f1aussie

But they are now running Renault engines... :roll:

wrcsti
wrcsti

williams renault with senna driving. They better make a retro paint scheme or ill :evil:

raymondu999

Just don't reinstate Imola while Senna is driving for Williams. I don't think I could bear to watch.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

stefan_
stefan_

I just hope that the car will help and Bruno can proove himself this year. He is a good guy, I don't think he took everything for granted because of the name.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

joseff

raymondu999 wrote:Just don't reinstate Imola while Senna is driving for Williams. I don't think I could bear to watch.
*That* corner is now gone.

Pierce89

stefan_ wrote:I just hope that the car will help and Bruno can proove himself this year. He is a good guy, I don't think he took everything for granted because of the name.
Unfortunately I think it'll be a while before a william's car helps anyone prove themselves. Not only have they been slow, but also fairly unstable, and according to Barrichello, pitch sensitivity was almost a foreign concept for Williams. He claimed Williams developed for all out peak downforce, and didn't consider yaw, roll, pitch etc. enough when designing their cars. If they want to help their young drivers, Williams needs to develop for the highest average downforce around a lap not the highest peak value(which is what every team did up until the early 2000's,when they started developing for the highest average but according to Rubens Williams didn't do this until 2010)
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Pierce89

I hope the Renault lump drags them up a bit though.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

New overalls

PlatinumZealot

new car colours.

navy blue
blue
red
light blue
white