Embarrassment for Hamilton? The Reborn Button...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Embarrassment for Raikonen? The Reborn Grosjean...

He didn't do to bad against alonso in qualifying. At best he was 2 tenths close to Alonso as a rookie. the average is 5 tenths..LOL. not bad.

Europe GP - 3 tenths

ALO - 1:38.717
GR - 1:39.040

Belgium - 7 tenths

ALO - 1:45.707
GRO - 1:46.359

Italy - 2 tenths

ALO - 1:23.497
GRO - 1:23.728

Singapore - 8 tenths

ALO - 1:47.757
GRO - 1:48.544 (Crash was it?)

Japan - 6 tenths

ALO - 1:31.401
GRO - 1:32.073

Brazil - 8 tenths

ALO - 1:21.657
GRO - 1:22.477

ABU - 3 tenths

ALO - 1:41.667
GRO - 1:41.950

After doing the maths Grosjean was about 100.57% behind Alonso in terms of lap time.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Fat_T0ny
Fat_T0ny

Didn't some clown say that Toro Rosso was the 3rd quickest car after pre-season testing last year? LOL.

5 tenths is an eternity.

waynes
waynes

Echo wrote:Useless topic
bold statement.

usually a forum is to discuss these type of things. Personally i'm a big Kimi fan, and hope he blows Grosjean out of the water. i dont think it will happen straight away though due to tyres and having to run with full tanks.

its going to be fun watching the inter team battle

ps: to the OP "reborn Grosjean"? really? he's still the same overrated driver he's always been.

bhall
bhall

Fat_T0ny wrote:Didn't some clown say that Toro Rosso was the 3rd quickest car after pre-season testing last year? LOL.

5 tenths is an eternity.
Excellent first post. Welcome!

godlameroso

I'm not too sure, Grosjean is pretty fast in whatever he climbs into. He did a few races in the GT1 World Championship, he was very fast there, he was fast in GP2, and he was no slouch in F1.

Sometimes you learn more by dropping something and coming back to it later, there have been numerous psychological studies that suggest; that time off from an activity actually allows the brain to rewire itself, so that when you resume said activity, your brain is optimized for that activity. Then, as your brain prunes the neural connections necessary to conduct that activity, it gives you more degrees of freedom to further learn. This is because you no longer have to use as much of your brain to conduct yourself, and this allows you to use other parts of your brain to learn further details that consciously you might not have been able to absorb otherwise.
Saishū kōnā

Giblet
Giblet

While watching ROC, Grosjean beat Petrov in the buggies. I remember thinking "Whoever wins gets the seat".

Not the reason he got the drive of course, but it didn't hurt.
Before I do anything I ask myself β€œWould an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

yace

n smikle wrote:He didn't do to bad against alonso in qualifying. At best he was 2 tenths close to Alonso as a rookie. the average is 5 tenths..LOL. not bad.

Europe GP - 3 tenths

ALO - 1:38.717
GR - 1:39.040

Belgium - 7 tenths

ALO - 1:45.707
GRO - 1:46.359

Italy - 2 tenths

ALO - 1:23.497
GRO - 1:23.728

Singapore - 8 tenths

ALO - 1:47.757
GRO - 1:48.544 (Crash was it?)

Japan - 6 tenths

ALO - 1:31.401
GRO - 1:32.073

Brazil - 8 tenths

ALO - 1:21.657
GRO - 1:22.477

ABU - 3 tenths

ALO - 1:41.667
GRO - 1:41.950

After doing the maths Grosjean was about 100.57% behind Alonso in terms of lap time.
ok but what about his performances during the race?
ImageImageImage

Giblet
Giblet

He was put in mid season, and did hardly better than Piquet who had input, and a season behind him including testing.

You simply can not compare numbers when someone is put in mid season.
Before I do anything I ask myself β€œWould an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Tyler
Tyler

^ I agree - it couldn't have been easy, especially when Alonso is your teammate.
I think Grosjean will have more confidence this time around and he will have matured since his last F1 outing.

I think there is more pressure on Raikkonen - he's probably receiving a much higher salary than Grosjean and Lotus will have very high expectations on him.
He really has to beat Grosjean whereas I think Grosjean is expected to be slightly slower than Raikkonen.

Raikkonen doesn't seem like one who lets the pressure get to him and his recent comments about F1 cars not feeling as different as he expected is positive.
I'm hoping rally driving will have sharpened his skills and reactions too.
If you think about it he actually did very well in rallying.
Although he wasn't a front runner, it takes years in rallying to build the skills necessary to win and all the top guys like Loeb commented that with a few more years behind him, he would be able to get to the top.

I've never been a fan of the old Renault but now with Raikkonen in the team, they'll be my 'second team' after Mercedes.
I've always felt that Raikkonen had a lot of 'natural speed'.

I remember watching him in the Sauber and thinking that he would be a future champion.
He was hugely impressive that year but then he never seemed to quite live up to his initial promise.
I don't know what went wrong at Ferrari, I just hope that he's ready to give it his all now.

yace

kobayashi also started in the mid season, but he did a better job than grosjean!

comparing him to nelsinhio is useless, because we all agree he was far to be the best driver on the grid
ImageImageImage

ringo

Kobayashi only had truli to beat. Not only that Perez has some what shown that Kamui isn't all that special. Perez is a faster driver, though not as racy.
For Sure!!

raymondu999

Agreed. Easier to beat a Trulli than to be half a second off Alonso
ε€±θ΄₯θ€…ζ‰Ύη†η”±οΌŒζˆεŠŸθ€…ζ‰Ύζ–Ήζ³•

PlatinumZealot

Fat_T0ny wrote:Didn't some clown say that Toro Rosso was the 3rd quickest car after pre-season testing last year? LOL.

5 tenths is an eternity.
Yes he did.. but the drivers and development was not up to scratch as the year progressed. It's easy for the layman to say it wasn't. But all the top teams have the best drivers - and a good driver can easily give 0.6 seconds and a good car can give who knows what..

Mr.S
Mr.S

I doubt if Alonso & his team-mate were using the same instrument. I'm sure Alonso had 1 access to any updates & besides he could set the car up much better & could manage teh tyres. Besides that was his rookie season.

I would like to see 4-5 races from Romain before commenting. I think he will be atleast better than what Senna is.

PlatinumZealot

godlameroso wrote: Sometimes you learn more by dropping something and coming back to it later.
This is very true. After getting burnt you learn how to handle fire.

You really step back and look on your self after you get your wakeup call.. you see all your weaknesses come to light.

The same For raikkonen too. Does anybody else notice how sociable and cheerful Raikkonen is now with Lotus? He is giving so many interviews and actually fully fleshing out his thoughts! He is voluntarily smiling for the camera too! Remember this Is a man that barely cracked smile on the podium when he won the WDC in 2007. But now He is a more emotional man, and that is what he realized he lacked when he was fired by Ferrari, a company (and people?) where emotion is highly regarded.