Monster Energy Racing - MER-VW1[Model] Launched

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
RicME85

Re: Monster Energy Racing - MER-VW1[Model] Launched

:-#

No sarcasm at all.
Red circle is what Im on about.
Whilst we are here...green circle?

jordangp

RicME85 wrote::-#

No sarcasm at all.
Red circle is what Im on about.
Whilst we are here...green circle?
Dom, why would you have a giant number 1 embossed into the surface, not to mention your car numbers are 9 & 10.

As for the green circle there, it looks as if you are trying to place the steering column in the dash...

Monster_Energy_F1

Oh sorry the no.1? I had three cars in one file all slightly different which is why I numbered them. I don't think it's on the car is sent however. And for the steering column... well it's there in the reg boxes. :lol:

Monster_Energy_F1

Monster_Energy_F1

2013 Preview: Clearly still in progress, however I would say it's looking VERY good. What do you guys think? As usual, I'm completely open to constructive criticism.

Awaiting your feedback guys....

Please ignore the holes, as I said; still in progress.

Last edited by Monster_Energy_F1 on 05 May 2012, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.

jordangp

Decent concept,but there are several holes in it; splitter, side of the tub etc.

And your camera thing on the end doesn't flow with the rest of the nose. Redesign the nose, or place cameras elsewhere.

I know you told me to criticize on msn, however, I don't think your general attitude is appropriate for these forums.

MIKEY_!

Yes certainly move the cameras, probably to the bottom of the FW pylons. Any particular reason to continue the V profile all the way to the tip of the nose?

As for anyone who has a complaint about someone's attitude or language, please keep it off the forum and just report the post you find offensive. That way topics aren't clogged up with argument and the cycle of increasingly bad attitudes is broken. Deal?

Now, back to the car...

Two suggestions which I'm not sure are legal so I thought I'd put them to the members:
A diffuser that uses a combination of Lotus style side exit diffuser and very short outer channels that allow the brake duct fins to help extract air from under the floor. Some channels are colored to make them easier to see and the white and red box is a brake duct fin :oops: . My design is superimposed over LegendaruM's diffuser as a guide.

Also a nose design that might be a little too long but gets as much air as possible under the car. The very aggressive step features an intake (like the RB8 but larger) which is for driver cooling. This air leaves the cockpit into the sidepod and can flow over the radiators, reducing the size of the sidepod intakes.

megz

What are the rules around ducts inside the cockpit? If they are still allowed why not use the opening you talk about Mikey for driver cooling and a way to feed air into a passive F-Duct-esque system?

MIKEY_!

Is this a system using a fluid switch? If so then why not have the intake nearer the rear wing. Or maybe you are talking about a front wing f-duct?

Monster_Energy_F1

That nose concept Mikey, is exactly what I was going to do for my other 2013 concept. I wrote it down, but haven't got round to it. Anyway, here is the car for Barcelona: New nose, and yes I forgot to delete the giant no.1; sorry. What do you guys think anyway?

As usual, let's hear some constructive criticism...

Nice view here, I wanted to keep the V going all the way down, just because I think there is less CoG, making a slippier car? Might be wrong. :oops:

Nice side view here, the nose is like the old one only a bit different.

MIKEY_!

Why the V-nose, won't that lower the bulkheads even further. They were not at maximum height to begin with IIRC.

Monster_Energy_F1

Mikey, I sent you and email, look at it. And can u elaborate on what you mean please> Kinda confused... :oops:

MIKEY_!

I see what your doing with the V-nose now, had a slight brain fade :oops:

jordangp

Monster_Energy_F1 wrote: Nice view here, I wanted to keep the V going all the way down, just because I think there is less CoG, making a slippier car? Might be wrong. :oops:

You cannot have 'less' CoG, it's not a numerical value, but your CoG can change, and you want to try and aim for a low CoG. As for making it a slippier car, that's not really what a V nose is aiming to achieve, generally.

MIKEY_!

The guy means lower CoG he just got the terminology a bit wrong. Slippier is maybe not the best word either but maybe just read 'improved'. Correct me if I'm wrong Dom.