Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Pierce89

Re: Ferrari F2012

bhallg2k wrote:
type056 wrote:I am a bit confused.
We already said that Ferrari problem is lack of downforce in high speed corner that cause overstreeing.but Stefano say that our problem is lake of traction in slow corner that i think due to lake of mechanical grip that dont need exhaust downforce.
Cat anyone explain that?
bhallg2k wrote:It wouldn't surprise me at all to discover that everyone who's posted any ideas whatsoever about the F2012's problems is correct in their assertion(s).
I'm this close(holds thumb and pointer finger about 1/4" apart)to kicking you out of the Tifosi. :lol: :lol:
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

bhall
bhall

I like to think that my relationship with Ferrari carries with it a certain "Ike & Tina" dynamic.

Moreover, what's love got to do with it?

(And nothing changes the fact that the F2012 is awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful...)

banibhusan

FakeAlonso wrote:Alonso's speed was 300.4 km/h the last one on the list.

How much will this affect his performance on Qualifying?
They are more than 12kph down on the highest speed trap. That's definitely going to cost them a lot in qualifying, may be around 3 tenths or even more.

But I am more worried about their race prospects. On the two long straights they will be more vulnerable to anyone who is close enough for a DRS move.

Chuckjr

Alonso's situation at Ferrari with the F2012 (and the 150 before it), reminds me of Schumacher's early Ferrari years in 96, 97 ...when he (just like Alonso) drove that p.o.s. F310 a second or more faster than it was ever capable. And everyone thought he was wasting the prime of his career. Schumacher, like Alonso's doing now, flat refused to say die or talk sh** about the team. I wonder if we are seeing the same thing happening here with Alonso. He refuses to break whatsoever. 
Watching F1 since 1986.

waynes
waynes

the car is a dog, however Massa yet again is miles off his team mates pace.

get rid, he's a joke.

sadly it means Alonso is driving a Minardi standard car, working wonders with it, but going nowhere. feel sorry tbh

xpensive
xpensive

FakeAlonso wrote:Alonso's speed was 300.4 km/h the last one on the list.

How much will this affect his performance on Qualifying?
At 312 km/h, you will cover 1 km in 11.54 seconds, while at 300 it takes you 12 seconds flat. Think about it.

That beast is a brick, but with the new push-rod nose come Spain, that will all change... :wink:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

banibhusan

1. Front push rod or front pull rod?
2. Original exhaust or RBR exhaust?
3. McLaren sidepod or RBR sidepod?
4. New chassis or old chassis?
5. ACER duct or no ACER duct?
6. FWFD or no FWFD?

Rumours, rumours and more rumours!!! Geez. Seems like this year, its the rumours that's driving the Ferrari, not their car. :lol:

Note: If I forgot something on the list, feel free to add it. :wink:

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Martin Brundle confirms from Ferrari mechanics/engineers that the pull rod suspension isn't the problem. I believe the exact words from Ferrari were "since when did a suspension cause a lack of downforce?"

Bomber_Pilot

Was Alonso's KERS working in Q3?

AnthonyG

waynes wrote:the car is a dog, however Massa yet again is miles off his team mates pace.

get rid, he's a joke.

sadly it means Alonso is driving a Minardi standard car, working wonders with it, but going nowhere. feel sorry tbh
Massa was not further away from Alonso this session then Rosberg was from Schumacher.
Considering his driving style really doesn't fit this car, I see no reason to drop him yet. (may sound strange, I know)
If the car gets more driveable, Massa can match Alonso. And If turbo's appear again, his driving style will probably suit it better than Alonso's.

P.S. Those who say Massa didn't winn a race since 2008, that's a lie, or did they forget "Alonso is faster then you"?
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

bhall
bhall

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Martin Brundle confirms from Ferrari mechanics/engineers that the pull rod suspension isn't the problem. I believe the exact words from Ferrari were "since when did a suspension cause a lack of downforce?"
I hope someone from Ferrari really didn't say that.

I can think of two ways - ride height and porpoising - and I'm not all that smart.

Vanja #66

AnthonyG wrote:Massa was not further away from Alonso this session then Rosberg was from Schumacher.
Considering his driving style really doesn't fit this car, I see no reason to drop him yet. (may sound strange, I know)
If the car gets more driveable, Massa can match Alonso. And If turbo's appear again, his driving style will probably suit it better than Alonso's.

P.S. Those who say Massa didn't winn a race since 2008, that's a lie, or did they forget "Alonso is faster then you"?
The hell he can match him, he drove 0.2s slower on Medium tires than Alonso on Hard compound... And Smedley told him: "Good effort." It's ridiculous!
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Martin Brundle confirms from Ferrari mechanics/engineers that the pull rod suspension isn't the problem. I believe the exact words from Ferrari were "since when did a suspension cause a lack of downforce?"
No use, some people will still insist on being smarter than an entri team...

bhallg, you're right, but I think they meant lack of rear downforce. It's all narrowly connected, but the point is that real problem lies in the lack of rear DF, not the front suspension... Dont see why this discussion is still ongoing...
Bomber_Pilot wrote:Was Alonso's KERS working in Q3?
As far as I saw, it was... His time was slower than in Q2 since he will be slow no matter what, so it's better to preserve the tires for start of the race and first stint, than ruin them for sake of single position up... He will make it up on the start, always does.
Last edited by Vanja #66 on 24 Mar 2012, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

bhallg2k wrote:
I hope someone from Ferrari really didn't say that.

I can think of two ways - ride height and porpoising - and I'm not all that smart.
You're missing the point. They can adjust ride height. Porpoising, McLaren for instance did it plenty last year. No problems. And the F2012 isn't having porpoising problems.

motobaleno

this thread is embarassing...I remember you that this is f1technical...it seems to me that most of you are a little bit too emotional to stay here...

bhall
bhall

Vanja #66 wrote:bhall, you're right, but I think they meant lack of rear downforce. It's all narrowly connected, but the point is that real problem lies in the lack of rear DF, not the front suspension... Dont see why this discussion is still ongoing...
'Cause that's what we do around here. Haven't you noticed? :wink:

Ferrari's problems are well documented. We all know what they are. It just reeks of ignorance for a Ferrari team member, whoever it is, to say something like that.