Maldonado sponsorship for Williams

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bhall
bhall

Re: Maldonado sponsorship for Williams

Oh, I agree that the disclosure of this document's substance may very well be in the best interests of the Venezuelan public. However, that does not extend to the disclosure of Williams account numbers. That's just asking for trouble.

Hail22

The media would absolutely eat this up especially the BBC, do we sense trouble in 24 hours? :/
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Richard
Richard

So why did they redact the ref numbers at the top?

ps - The bank account number is hardly a big secret, any of their suppliers or customers will have those numbers. You could find the number by hiring their meeting room for example.

pps - Not sure why "especially the BBC"? Surely the Venezuelan press would be more excited by this? The only problem is that journalists in Venezuela who criticise the government are rather prone to arrest and imprisonment. Some of them also get assassinated.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Most journos source alot of their work from forums....lets see if this snowballs! :twisted:
More could have been done.
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

@bhallag2k;
While the document in question obviously conveys a rather clear message that driving for Williams Grand prix Engineering is not (e)xactly free for anyone to enjoy, there are no obvious signs of revealing any specific business secrets as such.

Obscuring certain document information is simply common courtesy when dealing with publications like this.

That was my lawyer talking. He's pretty good.
Last edited by xpensive on 10 Feb 2012, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

bhall
bhall

It's possible the redacted information could be an identifier for whoever was intended to receive this, and that individual could be the source of the leak.

And as Williams is a publicly traded company, much of this information is available to anyone who wants to find it. But, displaying corporate account numbers, amounts, etc., involves wading into some murky legal waters. Sure, their suppliers and others have that information; I'd just be willing to bet that they've had to sign non-disclosure agreements with regard to certain details of their relationship to Williams.

EDIT: I'm sure your lawyer is dandy. I think if they could, Williams' lawyers might tell him that disclosure of sponsorship fees is a big no-no, as those numbers could handicap the pursuit of future sponsorship agreements with other parties.

EDIT 2 (or 3?): I guess my whole point is that there's enough here for a lawyer to stir up some sh*t.
Last edited by bhall on 10 Feb 2012, 15:34, edited 3 times in total.

PlatinumZealot

That's fake. Somebody just made it and printed it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Hail22

Reckon Mr. Spygate Mike is behind this? :P (cast your minds back to 2007) xD
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

bhall
bhall

Ha! Coughlin strikes again!

Hail22

Thats if it was/is him xD

Gilles Villeneuve

xpensive
xpensive

bhallg2k wrote: ...
I think if they could, Williams' lawyers might tell him that disclosure of sponsorship fees is a big no-no, as those numbers could handicap the pursuit of future sponsorship agreements with other parties.

EDIT 2 (or 3?): I guess my whole point is that there's enough here for a lawyer to stir up some sh*t.
Indeed, here we go;

When the disclosure of each and every revenue to a any legal company or organization at times might seem less than desirable, there are however both laws and precedents which will in this context make the revealings in question most reasonable.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Hail22

Well its gone public now, they're a public listed company thus it should be available to stakeholders/shareholders.

Once an image is uploaded permission is given for its distribution.

What we do know is that its addressed to a capital firm in Venezuela so it seems like a defiant office clerk belonging to said capital firm?

Gilles Villeneuve

CHT
CHT

If we dont know that is the detail in Option 3, how do we know this sponsorship is for 1 year only?

Echo

[quote="bhallg2k"]It's possible the redacted information could be an identifier for whoever was intended to receive this, and that individual could be the source of the leak.

And as Williams is a publicly traded company, much of this information is available to anyone who wants to find it....

No, Williams is a LTD a limited company and this means they aren´t public.
LTD shares are sold to family and friends and not public. So if you are a LTD you don´t need to post financial info except from tax collectors etc.

EDIT: some extra spaces so you can see what I wrote
Rich teams should only be allowed to win

Sambo

According to the origin it was taken via Rim Exif Version 1.00a - i.e using a blackberry...