2012 Testing - Barcelona 2: 21-24 Feb

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ParanoiD

Re: Barcelona Pre-Season Test 2: 21-24 Feb

Just saw a tweet from @EliGP

Lotus has problem with its chassis and will not run for the rest of the day. Chassis will be sent back to Enstone
Ay Carumba!

raymondu999

I don't see the autosport comment on purple s1 though? Was it on Twitter or their live website commentary?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

blokkie wrote:
Hail22 wrote:Autosport was quoted saying that "Alonso and Hamilton went purple in S1 then immediately backed off for the last two sectors" Is that a clear case of sandbagging?
If we could get the purple sector times and add them up we would have an good indication about the real speed and not the sandbagging like you correctly think.
Well if you noticed there was a question mark after i said "Is this a clear case of sandbagging" thus asking if anyone who may have a gut feeling/understanding that may confirm/deny my question that they may be or may not be sandbagging.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

FrukostScones

cool, thanks, missed this.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

banibhusan

ParanoiD wrote:Just saw a tweet from @EliGP

Lotus has problem with its chassis and will not run for the rest of the day. Chassis will be sent back to Enstone
Chassis problem!! :shock: Will they be able to run tomorrow then with a new chassis? What does the rule say on this?

banibhusan

Hail22 wrote: No i'm just stalking Autosport, http://f1tests.co.cc/2012.php and http://www.williamsf1.com/test-timings
I can only follow f1tests.co.cc

The other two sites are banned in my office. Silly people. #-o

ParanoiD

banibhusan wrote:

Chassis problem!! :shock: Will they be able to run tomorrow then with a new chassis? What does the rule say on this?
They could replace with another chassis I guess. AFAIK they run chassis 02 today and will run chassis 01 tmr.
Ay Carumba!

blokkie
blokkie

FrukostScones wrote:
banibhusan wrote:Kimi would be eating ice cream somewhere. So no need to bother at all. ;)
I don't get all this Kimi and ice cream stuff.
I thought Kimi was the Iceman and not the Ice Cream Man?
Checkout the captionCompetetion forum here viewtopic.php?p=299173#p299173

and here viewtopic.php?p=299533&sid=89138f166328 ... eb#p299533

JohnsonsEvilTwin

He could have crashed and retired at that stage Ray.

@Banhibusan
He basically got out his Ferrari, took his overalls off and went straight to the freezer to get a gelato :lol:
Fine if his car was trashed, but his Ferrari was very much working....and Ferrari themselves were pretty stunned by his actions.
More could have been done.
David Purley

mith

banibhusan wrote:

If they have a spare, of course they can run with it as long as it's the same spec, as was crash-tested.

FrukostScones

banibhusan wrote:

I think the problem is that they run a new chassis...
The car from the first test was disassembled and will be rebuild..., hopefully they have it there.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

raymondu999

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:He could have crashed and retired at that stage Ray.
Are you talking to me? If so, I have NO idea what you're replying to :shock:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

raymondu999 wrote:I don't see the autosport comment on purple s1 though? Was it on Twitter or their live website commentary?
I will check in the morning as you can appreciate where i live its 26 to midnight, i have the page open and will mull through the comments section to find the time stamp.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

george1981
george1981

banibhusan wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
banibhusan wrote:Kimi would be eating ice cream somewhere. So no need to bother at all. ;)
I don't get all this Kimi and ice cream stuff.
I thought Kimi was the Iceman and not the Ice Cream Man?
Well it was comment based on the 2009 Malaysian GP. Kimi was seen eating ice cream in the garage after he retired from the race. :wink:
I thought the race had been redflagged and there was a chance it might restart. Most other drivers were still in their race suits and preparing to restart if required whereas Kimi had got changed and was eating ice cream and drinking coke in the Ferrari garage.

banibhusan

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:He could have crashed and retired at that stage Ray.

@Banhibusan
He basically got out his Ferrari, took his overalls off and went straight to the freezer to get a gelato :lol:
Fine if his car was trashed, but his Ferrari was very much working....and Ferrari themselves were pretty stunned by his actions.
Aye!! If I remember correctly, he went out on the wet tyres thinking that it'll rain in the next minute, but it didn't. And by the time it rained, his tyres were destroyed (that's what he said on the radio :D). And the next thing I noticed was that he was enjoying his ice-cream. =D>