Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
clipsy1H

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

Sam3219 wrote:Good luck to Michael and Nico! Lets hope for a great race by the Mercedes team today!
..... incredible start for Mercedes!!! but stupid gearbox ruine Schumi race he could be on podium!!!! so sad i cant belive this guy so unlucky ... again Rosberg take points

Med4224

that was incredibly anti-climactic
Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Albert Einstein

Sam3219

Oh dear

Joie de vivre

yeah ... huge disappointment. car seemed to be very fast, maybe faster than RBR and deffo Ferrari but it was completely different story in race. RBR constantly pushing them on the edge, even when vettel made a mistake he easily got behind michael. no comment how disappointed i am at this team right now. well at least mclaren seems to be very fast and reliable

lillschumi
lillschumi

Really according to my expectations. The form in qualy was a surprise and can be credited circumstances and driver skills.

As i have predicted, W03 is not a relativly step forward in the pecking order. Of course they hace improved but others have improved more. They still cook tires whatever reason. With a decent car and soft tires + good driver you can turn out 1-3 really good laps, but in the race then the shortcomings shows.

MGP will be fighting in out with Sauber,Lotus,Williams for 4th and i´m not sure they going to sail away with that, they might be 5th 6th this year.

Ferrari will get their act together and race pace was not too bad and together with obvious Mclaren, Red Bull they will be out of reach.

clipsy1H

today Merc was unlucky nvm!!! mb next race they will be on podium ....

siskue2005

Joie de vivre wrote:yeah ... huge disappointment. car seemed to be very fast, maybe faster than RBR and deffo Ferrari but it was completely different story in race. RBR constantly pushing them on the edge, even when vettel made a mistake he easily got behind michael. no comment how disappointed i am at this team right now. well at least mclaren seems to be very fast and reliable
It could be that Michael was suffering from gearbox issues early on, and that's why he was off the pace and doing slow laps than his previous laps
He did 34.1 when everyone did 34.0 to 34.1 early on
But he couldn't improve upon that laptime was going slower....which clearly shows he had issues with the car and eventually hit the dust

No words for what was Nico doing :shock:

Michael surely could have been 5th or 4th without the problem

Joie de vivre

yeah maybe

maybe they were quick on qualy becuase of their f-duct drs system which they can use anytime they want.

siskue2005

Joie de vivre wrote:yeah maybe

maybe they were quick on qualy becuase of their f-duct drs system which they can use anytime they want.
But they didn't have straight line speed advantage in qualy
The mclarens also did have similar top speed in qualy
It can't be just f duct

myurr
myurr

It's tyre usage pure and simple. Like Massa, and Hamilton to a much lesser degree, they're just burning through their tyres compared to their peers.

skgoa
skgoa

Just a minor nitpick: the f-duct, whether it exists or not, would yield only very little advantage anyways. A couple of kph at the end of the straigth. Great to have for overtaking but not that much laptime.

mahesh248f1
mahesh248f1

Sad story, MSC was looking good , what was ROS up to ? the race kind of made me feel either ROS is overrated or some major problem with the car.

Probably he chose the wrong set of tires , should have gone for 2 Primes instead of 2 options. Either way , performance was really weak , from 7th to 4th and to 12th sums up the day for him.
Speedster , dribbler , free kick taker ,complete forward .

spadeflush

What a disappointment. I hope they sort their reliability/tyre issues soon. Rosberg's driving was a joke today. Feel really bad for michael.He could ve scored some solid points.
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

xpensive
xpensive

myurr wrote:It's tyre usage pure and simple. Like Massa, and Hamilton to a much lesser degree, they're just burning through their tyres compared to their peers.
Isn't this where the last of the three kings, Aldo Costa, should be of help with the suspension?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Predator

Well the tyre problems have still not been solved and if we go back to testing, they turned up at the first test in the W02 to compare the tyres to the ones used last year. Also, last season they ran some weird toe-in at the rear and toe-out at the front to compensate for the tyre problems, but it's difficult to say whether this helped or whether it was the new suspension they introduced, or perhaps other factors including set-up. Why would they be burning their tyres so quick?

During the race today, anyone pick up on the fact that they weren't fast through the speed traps? Only when Rosberg was able to use DRS did he register near the top.