Vodafone McLaren Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dave34m
dave34m

Re: Vodafone McLaren Team 2012

You are so right, I emailed them about the lack of McLaren branding on their gear and got a email back saying that all the comments are passed on to management. Send them as email at info@mclarenshop.com

PlatinumZealot

And the Jenson foot kissing begins... http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/new ... t-it-wrong
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

SiLo

I don't like how they are trying to get Hamilton to help Button out. Hamilton is there to drive the car for the team, not for the other driver. If the team can't figure it out, then they clearly haven't employed the right people.
Felipe Baby!

wunderkind
wunderkind

SiLo wrote:I don't like how they are trying to get Hamilton to help Button out. Hamilton is there to drive the car for the team, not for the other driver. If the team can't figure it out, then they clearly haven't employed the right people.
Most of the time, having both drivers on pace and competitive would move the team forward quicker. It is in Hamilton's interests as well as the team's interests to have Button on pace so they can both fight for championship points and take points from othersp drivers. Button's lack of pace is a symptom of the car's problems, the team will be even more competitive once these problems are licked.

myurr
myurr

wunderkind wrote:
SiLo wrote:I don't like how they are trying to get Hamilton to help Button out. Hamilton is there to drive the car for the team, not for the other driver. If the team can't figure it out, then they clearly haven't employed the right people.
Most of the time, having both drivers on pace and competitive would move the team forward quicker. It is in Hamilton's interests as well as the team's interests to have Button on pace so they can both fight for championship points and take points from othersp drivers. Button's lack of pace is a symptom of the car's problems, the team will be even more competitive once these problems are licked.
But you should never ever sacrifice points now in the hope of a possible bigger haul of points in the future that may or may not ever happen. McLaren have thrown enough points away this season through operational mistakes, without now doing so strategically. Soon there'll be no more races left and their drivers will still be waiting for the payoff.

astracrazy
astracrazy

just seen interview with Hamilton on Sky. Interesting comment regarding his contract and Ron Dennis' comments in Canada

"I'm in a good position at the moment, Ron loves to put him self in a tactical position and so often doesn't say the smartest of things"

Can anything be read into that?

Holm86

What the he** is up with McLarens pit crew?? There havent been a single race without a --- up in this season.

McMrocks
McMrocks

http://184.106.145.74/fia-f1/f1-2012/f1 ... ummary.pdf

lol fastest pit time for Hamilton...
2.9sec at first stop

Raptor22
Raptor22

what plonker designed that front wheel jack!!?

beelsebob
beelsebob

Raptor22 wrote:what plonker designed that front wheel jack!!?
Probably a bunch of plonkers that are smarter than you or I – I would expect that the challenge of lifting 640kg with two small levers, and having the levers be light enough, and maneuverable enough that you can do it quickly is non trivial ;)

Nando
Nando

Pretty funny quote ;)

“McLaren were brilliant and Williams were rubbish. Then Sam Michael changed teams.”

http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/06/25/sam-m ... lton-dear/
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Raptor22
Raptor22

beelsebob wrote:
Raptor22 wrote:what plonker designed that front wheel jack!!?
Probably a bunch of plonkers that are smarter than you or I – I would expect that the challenge of lifting 640kg with two small levers, and having the levers be light enough, and maneuverable enough that you can do it quickly is non trivial ;)

LOL>
My 5 yr old nephew laughed when he saw thecar fall off the jack. He cae running into the room with a crow bar and wooden log about 150mm in diameter. "They should have used these parts Uncle....." =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol:
The boys gonna be somebody someday. The designer of the McLaren jack is going to sweeping Ron's office with the jack up his ...... soon.
HILARIOUS stuff from McLaren.Ron, please come back.

BTWit only has to lift about 300kg. Whats the weight distribution supposed to be??

thechainrule
thechainrule

UGH! That's all I have to say. Mclaren management needs a serious boost.

PNSD
PNSD

Raptor22 wrote: HILARIOUS stuff from McLaren.Ron, please come back.
Ermm, short memories? Mclaren under Ron Dennis had silly error's too and even not so long ago was involved in arguably F1's worst espionage case? The result of which was a complete loss of all constructor points.

I do not see how in the case of a random mechanical error Whitmarsh can be blamed. He seems to be the easy scape-goat people use when they want to blame Mclaren for something.

The Ferrari pit light system was responsible for costing the team in 2008 I believe? Now that same system is being used by several teams on the grid. Some systems will go through failures before they are completely reliable. The failure on the pit jack means Mclaren can go away and learn from it, and hopefully not suffer from the same mistake again. The jack was said to have failed in practice a few times but the team obviously felt that it was worth the risk. And would you argue that, given Mclaren were probably the quickest pit crew this weekend, at least when the got it right.

But the point of my post was to question why Whitmarsh is constantly used a scape-goat when under Ron, Mclaren was at least as mistake ridden as now. That has nothing to do with only the management but simply a list of factors I would dream of thinking about it.

These days fans of Mclaren and fans of Lewis only want to blame Whitmarsh for every incident.

Hangaku

I would say that it's rather the guy that does the hiring at McLaren that needs a kick in the butt. Maybe it's the pit crew coach that needs to wake up?

Or perhaps Sam Michael is indeed a bad omen. He didn't do anything particularly awesome at Williams, so I find it amusing that McLaren would put so much faith in him, given that he hasn't exactly got an outstanding track record. Pardon the pun.

This sort of thing happens to all teams though. I remember a couple of seasons ago, Ferrari kept on leaving fuel nozzles in the car, running over their pit crew, getting wheel nuts locked, and releasing the car dangerously. That was probably Martin Whitmarsh's fault too, I would imagine.

How silly.
Yer.