Vodafone McLaren Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Re: Vodafone McLaren Team 2012

Coca Cola are not current "partners". But I don't know when the Lucozade deal expires, although I'm guessing that it probably wouldn't be too big of a problem to end it if Coca Cola decides to jump on board.

http://www.mclaren.com/partners
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raymondu999

Lucozade is there because of GSK, who as I understand it is in it for the long term.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

astracrazy
astracrazy

it would surprise me if Lucozade didn't take the step up to main sponsor. It makes sense to me more

munudeges
munudeges

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:That said, I can see more than just McLaren switching over in 2013.
Why?

PlatinumZealot

MY sources say Coca cola is NOT sponsoring Mclaren.
Because of a severe run of Chinese Telephone, all the journo's got it dead wrong!

It's not Coca cola. It is Coco! who is heading up the title sponsor list.

What is this Coco of which I speak?

It is not a what it is a who.

Coco. :wink:

Her name is Coco. And she will be the majority share holder in Coco Mclaren Mercedes in 2013.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Huntresa
Huntresa

Re: Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

raymondu999 wrote:It's a tough call. Develop something that you know will only last for a few more months? Mind you in 2010 McLaren brought an update to the F-duct at Abu Dhabi, so... never say never

Yeah but they also had a chance to win the championship so :D

raymondu999

Arguably more so this year. In a season where things go topsy turvy race by race, arguably even better. In Abu Dhabi 2010 they had to recover a 24 point/race deficit. Now that deficit is FAR smaller.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

CHT
CHT

raymondu999 wrote:Arguably more so this year. In a season where things go topsy turvy race by race, arguably even better. In Abu Dhabi 2010 they had to recover a 24 point/race deficit. Now that deficit is FAR smaller.
2012 is a lot more competitive as compared to the past few years where every season was dominated by 1 or 2 teams. this year alone, we already have 5 different team winning races.

Huntresa
Huntresa

CHT wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Arguably more so this year. In a season where things go topsy turvy race by race, arguably even better. In Abu Dhabi 2010 they had to recover a 24 point/race deficit. Now that deficit is FAR smaller.
2012 is a lot more competitive as compared to the past few years where every season was dominated by 1 or 2 teams. this year alone, we already have 5 different team winning races.

You didnt watch F1 2010 ? Hardly dominated by 2 teams... Up until this season 2010 was the best season in years.

CHT
CHT

Huntresa wrote:
CHT wrote:

You didnt watch F1 2010 ? Hardly dominated by 2 teams... Up until this season 2010 was the best season in years.
IIRC RBR had 15 poles and 9 wins in 2010. first half it was between Mclaren and RBR, and the 2nd half it was Ferrari and RBR.

Huntresa
Huntresa

Even if Red Bull had 15 poles they werent like 2011 when Vettel romped away and 9 wins was divided between 2 drivers, and the championship were nr 1 to 4 by 16 points. We have more between the drivers now then we had then, even if we have more winners this year.

CHT
CHT

Huntresa wrote:Even if Red Bull had 15 poles they werent like 2011 when Vettel romped away and 9 wins was divided between 2 drivers, and the championship were nr 1 to 4 by 16 points. We have more between the drivers now then we had then, even if we have more winners this year.
i thought this thread is talking about cars instead of drivers. even then, in 2010 we should also take into account those incidents between Vettel and Webber that cost them their chances of winning or scoring more points in some races, plus having to 2 equally strong driver fighting for wins throughout the season doesnt make it easier either.

2011 was an exceptional year for RBR and Vettel, but 2012 is also an exceptional year where so many teams are capable of fighting for win

Huntresa
Huntresa

Well you have to take the driver in to account since winning the constructors isnt just down to the car, just look at alonso and massa, alonso has been able to produce points all season while massa hasnt, and now they have one of the best cars but no chance of winning constructors.

CHT
CHT

Huntresa wrote:Well you have to take the driver in to account since winning the constructors isnt just down to the car, just look at alonso and massa, alonso has been able to produce points all season while massa hasnt, and now they have one of the best cars but no chance of winning constructors.
- Ferrari didnt start the season with a good car and thats why they are lagging behind in the constructor.

- It is common for F1 team to have a dominant no. 1 driver and still win WCC if they can produce a good car.

- The teams are using the same drivers throughout the season, the ability for Mclaren or any team to close the gap in the 2nd part of the season will be down to car development.

ianwit
ianwit

From grandprixtoons.com

Became a McLaren fan in the late 70's when I ended up laminating their Kevlar nosecones.