Alonso on Vettel vs Hamilton

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
aterren
aterren

Re: Alonso on Vettel vs Hamilton

Maybe Alonso is working to make a warmer environment at Ferrari for Hamilton in 2013...

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

aterren wrote:Maybe Alonso is working to make a warmer environment at Ferrari for Hamilton in 2013...
Seeing the current Ferrari car would Hamilton want to shift there? :P

spacer
spacer

Nando wrote:
Echo wrote:Don´t be silly guys, all of you knows THE STIG is the best.
You mean the stig who drove his fastest lap in the dry while Hamilton beat that one in pissing wet conditions? :)

Ahh that guy... ;)
Do you know what the funniest thing about bringing the whole F1-top gear thing up in this thread is? Vettel currently leads that time sheet ;) .

Nando
Nando

spacer wrote:Do you know what the funniest thing about bringing the whole F1-top gear thing up in this thread is? Vettel currently leads that time sheet ;) .
Yes i think you would have to live under a rock to not know that :)
Problem as already mentioned is getting them to do it on the same day.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

beelsebob
beelsebob

spacer wrote:
Nando wrote:
Echo wrote:Don´t be silly guys, all of you knows THE STIG is the best.
You mean the stig who drove his fastest lap in the dry while Hamilton beat that one in pissing wet conditions? :)

Ahh that guy... ;)
Do you know what the funniest thing about bringing the whole F1-top gear thing up in this thread is? Vettel currently leads that time sheet ;) .
Right, but Alonso's never set a time, and Hamilton's never set a dry and not oily time.

raymondu999

Aye. The laps aren't comparable. The laps should all be done in the dry to be at least comparable. Even then track conditions would differ...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Shrieker

Just mind games. Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel are the top 3 in F1 right now, some others come close from time to time but that's about it really. Unless they're put in the same cars and given equal opportunity it'll be almost impossible to know who's better. ALO-HAM comparision is somewhat logical since they raced in the same car for an entire year.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

jdlive
jdlive

Being a numbers man, so far Vettel has them both when considering number of race starts for Alonso and even in total number for Hamilton. All the rest is completely subjective. Give me the real world best driver over the in theory best driver any day.
"There is a credit card with the Ferrari logo, issued by Santander, which gives the scuderia a % of purchases made with the card...

I would guess that such a serious amount of money would allow them to ignore the constant complains of a car that was nowhere near as bad as their #1 driver tried to sell throughout the season.

Heck, a car on which Massa finishes in the podium or has to lift so that his teammate finishes ahead (As we saw often in the final races of the year) is, by no means, a "bad" car."

raymondu999

Shrieker wrote:Just mind games. Alonso, Hamilton and Vettel are the top 3 in F1 right now, some others come close from time to time but that's about it really. Unless they're put in the same cars and given equal opportunity it'll be almost impossible to know who's better. ALO-HAM comparision is somewhat logical since they raced in the same car for an entire year.
+1
jdlive wrote:Give me the real world best driver over the in theory best driver any day.
Being a practical person, another +1
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

jdlive wrote:Being a numbers man, so far Vettel has them both when considering number of race starts for Alonso and even in total number for Hamilton. All the rest is completely subjective. Give me the real world best driver over the in theory best driver any day.
How can number of race starts be a solid "real world" indicator of the best driver?

Nando
Nando

They used to run karts back in the day, why no more?

Just the F1 drivers in near equal machinery,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Sg8it4ZbY[/youtube]
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

SeijaKessen

Nando-

I never saw that video till you posted it, and it is fantastic to watch. Watching Alain and Ayrton battling it out in go-karts put a big smile on my face. :)

ElleMarie

Nando wrote:They used to run karts back in the day, why no more?
Sorry you are wrong, thats an event that takes place every year: Paris Bercy
Last edition (2011) included drivers like Romain Grosjean, Jerome Dambrosio, Jules Bianchi, Vergne, Sébastien Loeb,Stephane Sarrazin, etc.

In the other hand: yes they are not the two top F1 drivers of our era.... :oops:

PlatinumZealot

jdlive wrote:Being a numbers man, so far Vettel has them both when considering number of race starts for Alonso and even in total number for Hamilton. All the rest is completely subjective. Give me the real world best driver over the in theory best driver any day.
He had a front running car and number 2 teammate for three years. He better have those stats if he is a good driver!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

jamsbong
jamsbong

I seriously disagrees with Alonso's comment. Vettel won in a Toro Rosso! Lewis was and still is spoon fed into the best team - Mclaren and was defeated by Jenson Button. Come on...

If Lewis had to fight for a seat like Vettel did it from BMW to Toro Rosso then finally Red Bull (which is not the best equipped team), I question if he would have been as successful as he is now.

Fans of course will argue about my points but it is not gonna change the Vettel's double world champion and the win in a Toro Rosso.