Bahrain GP 2012 - Sakhir

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
myurr
myurr

Re: Bahrain GP 2012 - Sakhir

The F2012 seemed to have no rear end stability / downforce so will wear it's tyres quickly in the race. It was also eating the front right. I don't ever remember seeing a car throw chunks off it's own tyre into the cockpit.

The Red Bull looked pretty well balanced in Vettel's hands but Webber was struggling a bit. It also seemed to chew the front tyre a little too quickly.

Button was struggling with the rear end but otherwise looked okay. Hamilton looked nicely balanced and had plenty of pace. Could have gone even quicker if not for locking his front left into turn 10 (quite a common thing across the grid today).

enz0
enz0

My doubt is, if anything they might be doing some high fuel runs or maybe doing installation laps on some new parts.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

sAx
sAx

Re: Ferrari F2012

amouzouris wrote:
enz0 wrote:P1 Doesn't seems so well, 13th for Alonso. If anything they might be slower.
they are like that in every FP1...they were not chasing times...
It is more the setup issues than the times at this stage. Appears that they spent FP1 dialling the car as far away from it's 'sweet spot' as possible.

sAx
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

Pandabeer
Pandabeer

Anyone knows there i can watch FP1? I was busy and only managed to watch the live-ticker.

myurr
myurr

enz0 wrote:My doubt is, if anything they might be doing some high fuel runs or maybe doing installation laps on some new parts.
They were pushing too hard for it to just be that. Both of them ran off circuit several times from understeer, locking the brakes and correcting oversteer.

sAx
sAx

myurr wrote:
enz0 wrote:My doubt is, if anything they might be doing some high fuel runs or maybe doing installation laps on some new parts.
They were pushing too hard for it to just be that. Both of them ran off circuit several times from understeer, locking the brakes and correcting oversteer.
If we're still talking F2012, very similar (nee identical) snap oversteer moment on entry into turn 10, so both cars similarly affected by the setup issues.

sAx
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

Vettel's RBR is looking quite quick. I wonder if they have made upgrades or the car is just tweaked better for this track

The Force India's are looking quicker too.

Mestrades
Mestrades

Rosberg and Schumy have started with race simulations. Rosberg has done 14 laps and Michael 6 or 7. Rosberg has been faster than Michael, I think that the youngest german has found a better setup!

enz0
enz0

FP2 might be more conclusive, because new parts will be added and setups will be sharpened so I'm hoping to see improvements

banibhusan

They seem to have completed most of their programs in FP1 itself. So they can manage to do some short runs early on in FP2 and then skip the remainder of the session. Won't affect them too much.

banibhusan

FI is currently fitting their race engines and gearbox on its cars. So they might just pop out for a few quick laps and then pack up.

myurr
myurr

Maelstrom wrote:Vettel's RBR is looking quite quick. I wonder if they have made upgrades or the car is just tweaked better for this track

It'll be interesting to see but if the rumours are correct that the car can be set up for balance either for the start or end of the stint as the rears wear more than the fronts, then it could just be that the setup is currently more biased towards the start of the stint and that they'll have to sacrifice a bit of that pace if they want to run well in the race.

Or they could just be enjoying the hot temperatures a little bit more so that they're 0.3-0.4 seconds behind the lead McLaren rather than 0.7 - 1 second.

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

myurr wrote:
Maelstrom wrote:Vettel's RBR is looking quite quick. I wonder if they have made upgrades or the car is just tweaked better for this track

It'll be interesting to see but if the rumours are correct that the car can be set up for balance either for the start or end of the stint as the rears wear more than the fronts, then it could just be that the setup is currently more biased towards the start of the stint and that they'll have to sacrifice a bit of that pace if they want to run well in the race.

Or they could just be enjoying the hot temperatures a little bit more so that they're 0.3-0.4 seconds behind the lead McLaren rather than 0.7 - 1 second.
Also the Mercs aren't looking as quick. Is this because they are running a race simulation I wonder.

myurr
myurr

Maelstrom wrote:Also the Mercs aren't looking as quick. Is this because they are running a race simulation I wonder.
Looked like they were struggling for grip and balance, could be chewing their tyres. They looked okayish over a lap on new tyres though. Not as hooked up at the moment as they were in China.