Spanish GP 2012 - Barcelona

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ivand911
ivand911

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

dren wrote:I just looked. That is certainly not the case. Mercedes is only better than HRT with the times posted. I think we'll have to wait and see.
I hope there is something, but the situation was the same in Bahrain(FP2), comparing to Lotus. MGP(11-12 laps) and Lotus(15-16 laps) did long runs with soft, Vettel use hards.

zyphro
zyphro

dren wrote:I just looked. That is certainly not the case. Mercedes is only better than HRT with the times posted. I think we'll have to wait and see.
Exactly, I'm not going to jump to conclusions. There's very little to go with that data, there's noway Mercedes is only better than HRT.

zyphro
zyphro

Mestrades wrote:The race simulations have been very slow in comparision of the tops teams. I think that Mclaren, Ferrari, RedBull and Lotus Renault are in front of us in terms of race pace. I thought I would see Schumacher on the podium at my home circuit, but this will not happen...
I'm very dissapointed. Ferrari is already above us. Mercedes is light years away in the struggle to develop the car during the championship.
Not again.

Sorry but posts like this are hysterical; I believe you owe me an apology after Merc won in China. IIRC I was the only one who thought they'd get a win over on Autosport.

" Mercedes is light years away in the struggle to develop the car during the championship."

Oh god :shock: .

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

zyphro wrote:
Exactly, I'm not going to jump to conclusions. There's very little to go with that data, there's noway Mercedes is only better than HRT.
After checking the stints.. here's what it looks like..

Thats an Average of the first 10 laps

f1316
f1316

Re: Spanish GP 2012 - Barcelona

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: This was Alonso's only long stint in the 2nd session.

Button is a good 0.5 seconds better. The Ferrari matches the macca initially but falls back whereas the McLaren keeps its pace better.
Come to think of it, I think he was running softs and Massa hards.

Guisson

Pole Pronostics:

Considering FP1 & FP2

:arrow: HAM (why ? cauz' it's hamilton Yeah :D)
:arrow: MSC ( althought Button Seemed better ..)
:arrow: VET

For Alonso , I see Him P5/6
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

Ferraripilot

ANyone notice W03 being lighter on its tires than anyone else? Definitely no the quickest, but Michael's first lap time of an 18 lap stint on SOFT tires was 1:31.388, 1:31.069, with the 18th lap being 1:31.109. I haven't seen anyone being that light on the tires. The Merc needs some speed though

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Ferraripilot wrote:ANyone notice W03 being lighter on its tires than anyone else? Definitely no the quickest, but Michael's first lap time of an 18 lap stint on SOFT tires was 1:31.388, 1:31.069, with the 18th lap being 1:31.109. I haven't seen anyone being that light on the tires. The Merc needs some speed though

I missed the sessions, but the noises so far as tyre deg go is that the problem is still there.
I think everyone still has this problem, due to the Pirelli tyre. Schumi will have gone easy on those softs, Mercedes arent far off in terms of outright pace, its stringing a load of laps out of the tyre that has hamstrung them to an extent.
18 laps going 80% is faster than 18 laps going 95%, as Merc are finding with this car.
More could have been done.
David Purley

ivand911
ivand911

Ferraripilot wrote:ANyone notice W03 being lighter on its tires than anyone else? Definitely no the quickest, but Michael's first lap time of an 18 lap stint on SOFT tires was 1:31.388, 1:31.069, with the 18th lap being 1:31.109. I haven't seen anyone being that light on the tires. The Merc needs some speed though
You are talking about two stints, not one. He have one 12 lap stint(ending 1:32.7).

dren

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:

I missed the sessions, but the noises so far as tyre deg go is that the problem is still there.
I think everyone still has this problem, due to the Pirelli tyre. Schumi will have gone easy on those softs, Mercedes arent far off in terms of outright pace, its stringing a load of laps out of the tyre that has hamstrung them to an extent.
18 laps going 80% is faster than 18 laps going 95%, as Merc are finding with this car.
Which is why we will see a very tight grouping. Pole position will be even more important now. Webber seems to think a lot of cars will sit out Q3.
Honda!

beelsebob
beelsebob

My predictions...

Qually:
VET; RAI; HAM

Race:
RAI; VET; BUT

Diff-user
Diff-user

I know its off topic.... but is it just me or does the Spanish GP circuit look like a bull's head? (horns and all)
money makes the cars go round
engines are there just for the sound
V10.......V8.......V6....... V none
And that's the story of Formula 1

godlameroso

I stick by my story Hamilton is gonna win this one, with Raikkonen in second.
Saishū kōnā

beelsebob
beelsebob

Understear for McLaren is bad news at Barcelona – the front left is really where the tyre wear hits here.

zyphro
zyphro

beelsebob wrote:Understear for McLaren is bad news at Barcelona – the front left is really where the tyre wear hits here.
You're right.