2012 Monaco GP - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
beelsebob
beelsebob

Re: Monaco GP 2012 - Monte Carlo

SeijaKessen wrote:For some reason I have concerns about marbles cluttering up the tunnel as the race goes on. Any reason to be concerned?
Not really – there's a well defined line through there, the racing line is always clear of them.

raymondu999

beelsebob wrote:
SeijaKessen wrote:For some reason I have concerns about marbles cluttering up the tunnel as the race goes on. Any reason to be concerned?
Not really – there's a well defined line through there, the racing line is always clear of them.
Yeap - and even without marbles it's treacherous. Hulkenberg in 2010, Massa last year as he got off-line in the tunnel.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FrukostScones

I predict rain chaos for Monaco in two weeks with a Perez or DiResta win.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

SeijaKessen

beelsebob wrote:
Ok, thanks.

I have no idea what to expect out of this race regarding tires. It has a feeling it may be a free-for-all...definitely will not be surprised if we have a different winner.

AnthonyG

FrukostScones wrote:I predict rain chaos for Monaco in two weeks with a Perez or DiResta win.
So, how much you want to bet on that?
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

FrukostScones

AnthonyG wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:I predict rain chaos for Monaco in two weeks with a Perez or DiResta win.
So, how much you want to bet on that?
zEerouro
Last edited by FrukostScones on 13 May 2012, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

bhall
bhall

Careful with the betting talk. It attracts deviants and miscreants.
I'm more concerned about marbles around the swimming pool. Any wrong-footed move there, where the track off-line is likely to have an inch or more of piled up rubber, will have grave consequences.
Last edited by bhall on 13 May 2012, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.

FrukostScones

word!
Last edited by FrukostScones on 13 May 2012, 20:23, edited 2 times in total.

TheRMVR

So how does Barcelona compare to Monaco? Both are high downforce, mechanical grip important in Monaco. Does the Barcelona GP help in predicting who's going to be strong in Monaco?

bhall
bhall

I'd say it points to Sauber or Lotus, only because they haven't won yet, and this year seems to be about everyone having a turn.

(I wish I was kidding.)

tomaswrx
tomaswrx

MS should manage to get 1 point in Monaco, because this race he earned zero.

Neno
Neno

TheRMVR wrote:So how does Barcelona compare to Monaco? Both are high downforce, mechanical grip important in Monaco. Does the Barcelona GP help in predicting who's going to be strong in Monaco?
Nope, "high downforce" have relative meaning. In monaco, i think all teams bring special front wing just for that circuit, this mean just play on downforce in slow corners, not on top speed or high speed corners. for order you to play with downforce in slow corner, your car need to have realy good traction, or you can say mehanical grip. aero grip is not always important just like in barcelona. last couple of years you see some great results from smaller teams, like kubica in R30 two years ago, you cannot say that R30 was great car, but car had good traction and mehanical grip, and with Kubica's talent that car was competitive for podium.

nacho
nacho

Hard to say how it is now after all the updated cars, but I recall at least Williams and Ferrari complaining about low speed traction, and I think Lotus have said that it is one of their weaker points.

Red Bull, McLaren an Merc back to the top?

zyphro
zyphro

nacho wrote:Hard to say how it is now after all the updated cars, but I recall at least Williams and Ferrari complaining about low speed traction, and I think Lotus have said that it is one of their weaker points.

Red Bull, McLaren an Merc back to the top?
I agree; but I don't trust the Merc+Schumacher. Something always seems to go wrong; if anything can go wrong, it will.

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

Im touting Webber, hes in the car that won Monaco the last two years, therefore has the performance characteristics. He drives particularly well at Monaco and since everybody is getting a turn this season i think he can have his.

Of course this is totally dependent on Qualifying. Such a lottery, Schui was giving the tyres a compliment by calling them raw eggs
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna