2012 European GP - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Hail22

Re: 2012 European GP - Valencia

Going with

Grosjean

Raikkonen

Hamilton
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

myurr
myurr

bhallg2k wrote:
SeijaKessen wrote:
bhallg2k wrote:First through tenth are separated by 0.2 seconds. Insane.
Both Ferrari's gone...ugh.
Yeah, but whatchagonnado? Anything's possible in a spec series.
Yeah, that's the problem... it's a spec series. Anyway, unless you support one of the drivers that has been knocked out then having such a close grid is brilliant news. It means that the drivers can really make a difference and mistakes are punished.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

beelsebob wrote:
GrizzleBoy wrote:Q3 is going to be tight as fewq.
My bet is now on:
1. VET; 2. BUT; 3. HAM.

McLaren seem to have found some pace, and I think they (and RBR) can turn it up more in Q3.
Grosjean is stuck to the track though.

And Hamilton has been locking up his front right constantly since friday. Not confident he's going to do to well.

Red Schneider
Red Schneider

Does Button have a legitimate shot at pole all of a sudden? (After the last few races I mean?)

bhall
bhall

Yeah, I figured someone would needlessly latch on to the "spec series" bit. That's why I deleted it.

SeijaKessen

myurr wrote:
bhallg2k wrote:
SeijaKessen wrote:
Both Ferrari's gone...ugh.
Yeah, but whatchagonnado? Anything's possible in a spec series.
Yeah, that's the problem... it's a spec series. Anyway, unless you support one of the drivers that has been knocked out then having such a close grid is brilliant news. It means that the drivers can really make a difference and mistakes are punished.
I fail to see how the drivers can always make a difference when things such as tires become such a huge factor that there isn't much they can do. What I mean is that if the tires don't match up perfectly to the circuit, the driver isn't going to be able to make much of a difference since the cars are all too close.

FakeAlonso

I have said it earlier Ferrari has some problem in the pitwall. They lost time in q2 with hard tires.

Hail22

bhallg2k wrote:Yeah, I figured someone would needlessly latch on to the "spec series" bit. That's why I deleted it.

I agree with you...very informative post:

http://www.formula1journal.com/2010/05/ ... lood1.html

Anyways...its a shame but lets see what Q3 can produce?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

bhall
bhall

I'm surprised to see drivers still lacking grip through turn 17.

Red Schneider
Red Schneider

Love the commitment from Vettel to only do one run... if it's a good one that is.

bhall
bhall

Saves tires. That's huge for the race.

GTSpeedster

These tires are ridiculous... That ain't racing! :evil:

myurr
myurr

SeijaKessen wrote:I fail to see how the drivers can always make a difference when things such as tires become such a huge factor that there isn't much they can do. What I mean is that if the tires don't match up perfectly to the circuit, the driver isn't going to be able to make much of a difference since the cars are all too close.
It's pretty simple. If you have ten cars all capable of qualifying within a couple of tenths of a second, and the driver themselves can be a couple of tenths of a second faster or slower than their peers, then it stands to reason that the driver can make a real difference to their finishing position.

These tyres may not hold up that well over a stint, depending on circumstances, but they aren't that hard to use over a single lap.

myurr
myurr

GTSpeedster wrote:These tires are ridiculous... That ain't racing! :evil:
How exactly?

beelsebob
beelsebob

--- me, how did Vettel do that?