2012 German GP - Hockenheim

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
rssh

Re: 2012 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim

There is no place to really put DRS in this circuit the but option is before turn 2 because at the hair pin on can easily catch the car ahead with slip stream but needed good braking and traction out of the corner to overtake the car ahead at the hair pin . But if its DRS the car ahead will not even try to defend the position ,its going to be like Istanbul 2011 ( :cry: one of my favourite track ).

zyphro
zyphro

Grosjean will take a 5 place grid penalty, for taking a new gearbox according to Noble.

Mr Alcatraz

FWIW Long range forecast is..........rain :P
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Guisson

Again ! ?
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

raymondu999

IIRC we have a Spa-esque microclimate always at both German venues, no?

I'm hoping for a full dry FP and qualifying. The race can be full dry or full wet, but I hope we don't get a mixed weather race
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

MrBlacky
MrBlacky

Yeah, forecast for Germany is mixed weather with rising temperatures over the next week.

ckilger12
ckilger12

zyphro wrote:Grosjean will take a 5 place grid penalty, for taking a new gearbox according to Noble.
just saw this too....

I hope its Kimi's weekend

SiLo

I just want a dry weekend where nobody has any penalties, and the team all get their strategy right! Might finally figure out where the teams are in relation to each other that way XD
Felipe Baby!

stefan_
stefan_

zyphro wrote:Grosjean will take a 5 place grid penalty, for taking a new gearbox according to Noble.
He came in the top 10 after being the last one at Silverstone, so I don't worry too much about the grid penalty. The important thing is for him no to get stuck behind someone too much.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

raymondu999

Agreed. And it's much easier to pass in Hockenheim.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

marcush.
marcush.

raymondu999 wrote:IIRC we have a Spa-esque microclimate always at both German venues, no?

I'm hoping for a full dry FP and qualifying. The race can be full dry or full wet, but I hope we don't get a mixed weather race

tbh hockenheim and Nurburgring are not comparable when it comes to weather ...Spa and Nurburgring are very comparable though with identical localised heavy rain downpours and quick change of conditions but VERY often rainy conditions.

Hockenheim different story -one of the areas in germany with maximum sun hours and not much rain generally.

But ,by the looks of things ...these days it´´s rather cold and it´´s raining almost every day around here ....even if Hockenheim should be a tad better at this time my take is we will see rain next weekend but it does not look like thunderstorms as the temps are down below 20°C for days now.

Hail22

Such a beautiful track/old speed demon ring...so easily forgotten :(
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

beelsebob
beelsebob

Hail22 wrote:Such a beautiful track/old speed demon ring...so easily forgotten :(
Forgotten? We were discussing it only 2 pages ago...

Shrieker

I've been doing some laps on rfactor. I think the straight after the hairpin could be a good alternative to the parabolic straight for DRS. The drawback would be if a guy has worked his ass off to pass into the hairpin, he'll be vulnerable after that, which won't really be fair. The short straight before turn 2 is a good idea too. Turn 1 is too fast to follow a car, so DRS right after that would give some of the lost ground back and offer an opportunity for a classic slipstream + braking duel into the hairpin. But most probably, the FIA will place the DRS zone in the parabolic straight and ruin any chance for a good old fashioned scrap...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

HVS5b
HVS5b

Seriously thinking this race has got a RB one/two stamped all over it. In fact I'll be slipping a few notes on that exact result.
Gonna have to amend my fantasy team to reflect that now that have the cash.
Would love to see a Lotus take the last spot on the podium but given the way Alonso has performed this year it would be daft to ignore him.
SV, MW, FA tricast coming up :)
This is normally an event that out-performs expectations so got high hopes....but its hard not to dream of Spa.