2012 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: 2012 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa

Losing a gear does not a gearbox change make. We have seen many times in the past of a driver losing a gear in a race and not requiring a change for the next race. Depends what actually broke. If it's the actual gear then I think they need a change. But otherwise, not really.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FrukostScones

Cam wrote:
RB7ate9 wrote:He's still shaking GP2 intensity, one would suppose.
I personally don't see the issue. It's good hard close racing with a huge spectacle, isn't that want the good boys and girls at the FIA and MrE want? Watching Webber tippy toe was terrible while seeing Vettel pushing through all those cars awesome - he could have clipped any one of them and sent them crashing - should he punished too? The fact that RG is prepared to push his car around and not step back just because it's Hamilton is actually quite refreshing.

Did RG make a mistake, no, it was a racing incident. It wasn't intentional. You have 20 odd cars going flat tack into a tight corner - what did we all expect was going to happen?

A 5 place grid penalty would have sufficed, but as mentioned on another thread, you can't take out the golden boy and not get a boot in the ar$e.

Lotus, keep RG, he's one of the most exciting things to happen to F1 in years. He'll learn.
1. GRO did not have to step back because it was Hamilton, because he was not anywhere near im until he ran him of the road because he misjudged the space (his words). It was not a battle, but lack of awareness, he was past HAM but ran to much to the right, maybe he was also too fast. Really refreshing how he came inches from decapitating Alonso!
2. Of cource he made a mistake. Error of judgement, lack of spatial awareness. Space was there enough but he could not use it without crashing. and this not for the first time in the first lap.
3. Lack of learning from all his previous incidents may also led to this ugly Spa crash. How he talked about this incident and the previous incidents made it inevitable for FIA to ban him for a race.
4.He certainly is fast but if he can't change his 1Lap approach, then he is a liabality to everyone.

And Cam don't try to call other people troll here if your are the one that tries to troll around.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

megz

raymondu999 wrote:
megz wrote:Not true - 2010 in Turkey the red lights were on for an age because Charlie's starting device was not primed properly. You can probably find the clip on YouTube or the 2010 season review DVD.
To memory he required two keys to start the red lights, one of which wasn't present. The red lights took a long time to start, but from the point of the first light starting up until the red lights blinked out, there was no difference to a normal race situation. Charlie can START the start process, he can ABORT the start process, but he cannot control the amount of delay the system goes through before the red lights blink out.
Absolutely right - apologies, I didn't think of the two separate procedures - getting the lights on and then getting them to turn off.

skgoa
skgoa

Cam wrote:
radosav wrote:
Cam wrote:Alonso can roll his eyes all he wants. It must be a nice view in that tower. We all start somewhere.
you are F1 driver ? did you ever taken 5 cars out at the first corner? have you ever been taken out at the first corner?
Take a deep breath. Relax. I'm trying to see this from an independent point of view. I can show you many starts that have ended in carnage if you like. Yes, RG has had his share this year but noone here is perfect and it was not deliberate. He can drive and has proven so. Alonso had a chance to be a leader and acknolowedge he has done something similar, he chose to cast him away. It's not a good look for the kids who see these guys as heroes. A little less 'I'm so perfect' and a little more humility and understanding would be good.

The trolls on here could try that too.
Indipendent point of view? :wtf: Alonso basicly said "these things happen" and you go all apeshit about how he supposedly was pretending that he doesn't make any mistakes, ever. Nice objectivity you have there... =D>

e/ It's especially hilarious that you then go on to call other people trolls for disagreeing with you...

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Lurk

fritticaldi wrote:Romain Grosjean is the most pathetic and incompetant driver I have ever seen in F1.
Yuji Ide.

turbof1

Seems having less downforce in S2 actually was an advantage: it gave Button a much better balance which contributed to the really flowing lines he was able to pull off. Hamilton just wasn't able to make use of the extra downforce.
#AeroFrodo

Kiril Varbanov

How La Source looked like from Kamui's point of view.

morefirejules08
morefirejules08

Is there any in car footage from Gosjean?

mcalex
mcalex

turbof1 wrote:Seems having less downforce in S2 actually was an advantage: it gave Button a much better balance which contributed to the really flowing lines he was able to pull off. Hamilton just wasn't able to make use of the extra downforce.
Neither was KImi.

bill shoe
bill shoe

fritticaldi wrote:Romain Grosjean is the most pathetic and incompetant driver I have ever seen in F1. The only reason he is there is because he has a sponsor "Total" .
Alex Yoong. Maybe you are too young to remember. Alex Yoong makes Maria de Villota look like Schumacher.

zyphro
zyphro

Now now; Yuji Ide.

ParanoiD

Kiril Varbanov wrote:How La Source looked like from Kamui's point of view.
Really impressive whether he did that by reflect or consciously.
Ay Carumba!

turbof1

Kiril Varbanov wrote:How La Source looked like from Kamui's point of view.
i just can't believe he didn't either picked up a puncture or outright broke his suspension. The amount of bodywork, floors, pieces, etc just kept coming at his tyre. I knew the Sauber was kind on its tyres, but this is mind boggling :lol:
#AeroFrodo

bill shoe
bill shoe

zyphro wrote:Now now; Yuji Ide.
After brief research I basically concede your point.

Yoong from the point of view of the largest raw gaps to his teammate during qualifying when his car was functioning satisfactorily. Yuji from the point of view of blunt-force trauma to other cars on the track.

The worst pay driver now is much higher quality that the worst pay driver 5 or 10 years ago. In a twisted sense this means the junior formulas are working.