Formula E

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Huntresa
Huntresa

Re: Formula E

wesley123 wrote:
Huntresa wrote:
wesley123 wrote:they'll probably just start sponsoring the winning team, like they always do.
How is that what they always do ? Jaguar wasnt exactly chasing down titles before Red Bull came in the picture... And neither was Toro Rosso eventho they still arent... :P
Wow. Out of the millions of things they sponsor only one of those wasn't a top team.

Problem in F1 was that at that time every top team had a stable title sponsor, so who could Red Bull sponsor? There was none available and I am confident that if Renault, McLaren or whoever was without a title sponsor back then, Red Bull would have jumped in(although this is only based on assumptions).

It isn't without reason that every Red Bull sponsored guy is a winning competitor in whatever they may be doing.
Yeah but your talking everything, im keeping it within group sports or team sports and on topic of motorsport atleast. I know they sponsor x amount of ppl in individual sports aswell especially in extremesports.

I mean its not like they only sponsor winning ppl, look at MotoGP, i think they sponsor like 15 ppl divided between the 3 classes there, same goes for Dakar and all other types of extreme offroad motosport.

Andres125sx

aleks_ader wrote:Very interesting!

Red Bull has admitted it might consider joining the FIA’s burgeoning electric single seater series, dubbed Formula E.
World champion Sebastian Vettel recently admitted he is no fan of the city racing concept, despite the fact the almost-silent cars are being built by famous Formula 1 names Williams and McLaren.

“I don’t like it at all,” the Red Bull driver said. ”I think the people come here to feel Formula 1 and there’s not much to feel when a car goes by and you don’t even hear anything else but the wind.”

Many, however, do not agree with Vettel. Former Formula 1 driver Michael Andretti has entered a team, as has the German carmaker Audi. Alain Prost is involved with the E.Dams outfit, and Super Aguri will be on the grid when the racing kicks off in China next September.

The concept has even wooed Virgin back to open wheel racing, while Hollywood actor Leonardo DiCaprio is listed as a founder of the Venturi team.

Formula 1 world champion Red Bull’s Helmut Marko said: “We have been asked (to enter a team), but at the moment our full focus is on Formula 1.

We will look again at this series and re-evaluate after the first season,” he told the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag.
So no hopes for other teams. :( Adag ("chief" of FE) must make very quick intervention and prevent RB coming into the series. Future domination&monotony must be prevented. :lol: LOL No it is nice to had many huge ant strong marketing corporations even looking for possibility.

Just to point out rules aim to prevent any AERO work? How they think they will do that? Chassis from 1 suplier like this first year from SPARK? So for electro-motor and electronic&software deportment will also had very limiting ground to play with (space, suspension etc.). Does any had idea about rules from 2014 onwards? There are just wordings, does get here any sort of rumors...
Interesting, thanks :)

I´ve read somewhere the first seasson it will be more of a challenge cup with no real posibilities to evolve any part of the car, but they will allow more development seasson by seasson, so in some years it should be something similar to F1.

But I don´t know if they have planned some sort of limit for aero, motors, batteries.... :?: I think not even them know it, it will depend on the success and on the petitions from the teams.

Sombrero
Sombrero

autogyro
autogyro

Happy Christmas to all FItech posters and the brilliant mods from the future.

AG

lizardfolk

Wondering if I could get some clarification on FE. So the cars are only 180bhp right? So would watching these basically just be like watching F3?

Backmarker
Backmarker

lizardfolk wrote:Wondering if I could get some clarification on FE. So the cars are only 180bhp right? So would watching these basically just be like watching F3?
270bhp, so about 60bhp more than British F3 cars, but almost 300kg heavier. I think Formula E will get a lot more interesting when the technical side is opened up.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

what i'd like to see is the classic lotus-type wingless cars with electric motors. i understand that is highly unlikely,
but it would look great.

these formula e-cars may be aerodynamically sound and obviously their carbon [crash] structure is far safer [which is just as important], they do look a bit toyish. still, be interesting to see a race.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

lizardfolk

Backmarker wrote:
lizardfolk wrote:Wondering if I could get some clarification on FE. So the cars are only 180bhp right? So would watching these basically just be like watching F3?
270bhp, so about 60bhp more than British F3 cars, but almost 300kg heavier. I think Formula E will get a lot more interesting when the technical side is opened up.
isn't the 270 bhp the full power however? I thought the full power was what the push to pass was going to be and most of the time they will run with powersaving that is 180?

the EDGE
the EDGE

Why are the formula E cars allowed to run with such a high nose, Is the FIA not as concerned with driver safety as they are in F1?

I would have thought his would have been a fundamental concern in design, especially as it's a spec series so the performance of the car is of a lesser concern

FW17

the EDGE wrote:Why are the formula E cars allowed to run with such a high nose, Is the FIA not as concerned with driver safety as they are in F1?

I would have thought his would have been a fundamental concern in design, especially as it's a spec series so the performance of the car is of a lesser concern

Formula E is not a spec series, teams are allowed to build the complete car.

the EDGE
the EDGE

Er... Yes it is, and No, there not

*okay I am totally wrong there, apologies for that

xDama
xDama

Manoah2u wrote:what i'd like to see is the classic lotus-type wingless cars with electric motors. i understand that is highly unlikely,
but it would look great.
This would indeed be amazing!
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

muelte
muelte

Don't know if this was posted before:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2uA7IQDD0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWxPtWd62Ek[/youtube]

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Sebp

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/autosport-ne ... formula-e/

Looks like a decent line-up so far.
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.