2012 Italian Grand Prix - Monza

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zyphro
zyphro

Re: 2012 Italian Grand Prix - Monza

RB_[Gnx] wrote:Red Bull will be Murdered they don't have EBD anymore to save them this time !
I agree, I predict a very tough race for them.

zyphro
zyphro

marcush. wrote:I´m almost sure this will be a Mercedes weekend .Only two medium speed corners Lesmo1 entry into Parabolica and a very good top speed ...I have a good feeling .
Schumacher will eat Rosberg for breakfast there.Schumacher pole and win -my prediction. :wtf: (fanboy dream but then who cares)
I'm quietly happy as a Merc fan, that the next visit is Monza. At the same time, I'm quickly losing faith in this team anyway.

raymondu999

n smikle wrote:
fenix4life wrote:I would wonder is Macca will short shift their can again like last year making them bounce the limiter before enabling the DRS.
I hope they give Hamilton the right gearing and wings this time. He never won at Monza.
Well to be fair, had Hamilton not been out of position (ie had he been with Alonso/Vettel up front, rather than with Schumacher) then they would've been the "right" gearing and wings.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

godlameroso

If it's a dry weekend the result will be very different to spa, to be honest there is a lot of optimizing that goes on between FP1 and Q1, it's not just trying out new parts but also parts get changed throughout the weekend based on driver input and data collected.
Saishū kōnā

beelsebob
beelsebob

Now here I'd suspect we might see Kimi get his race win... I think the McLarens will be there or there abouts though.

Lurk

Only if Lotus stops beating around the bush with there DRS...
Several times this season Raikkonen got stucked by other cars & loose time because of insufficent top speed. Same this afternoon.

They have the car to do it, he has more than enough talent to do it but they have to stop shoot themselves in the foot

raymondu999

beelsebob wrote:Now here I'd suspect we might see Kimi get his race win... I think the McLarens will be there or there abouts though.
Without technical backing behind my opinion - I have lost faith in Lotus. I've certainly grown to like the team this year - but after so many near misses, I fear they may be remembered as 2012's nearly-men.
RB7ate9 wrote:I didn't see how far down Vettel was after the first corner, but I did see Webber jump from 12th to something like 8th or so.
Vettel had an awful start from P10 - he dropped something like 5 places at the start (before any crashes) - then due to navigating the wreckage better, Vettel ended the first lap in P12. To memory only Kovalainen was a numpty ahead of him - ie he was practically in P11.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob
beelsebob

raymondu999 wrote:
beelsebob wrote:Now here I'd suspect we might see Kimi get his race win... I think the McLarens will be there or there abouts though.
Without technical backing behind my opinion - I have lost faith in Lotus. I've certainly grown to like the team this year - but after so many near misses, I fear they may be remembered as 2012's nearly-men.
It's not really been near-misses... Just not the perfect combination of circumstances yet. They have a good car, not the best, that needs the right circumstances to win.

The circumstances it needs to win as far as I can see are 1) a hot track 2) a high speed circuit 3) the "device" to be working. Monza is likely to provide all of those things and give them a very competitive car.

SamH123
SamH123

Really fancy the red cars for Monza as well as Mclaren
Massa was bombing it down the straights in Spa and still was decent in sector 2

Reckon Alonso would have pushed Button today, don't think he would have beaten him but he would have made it interesting

zyphro
zyphro

beelsebob wrote: It's not really been near-misses... Just not the perfect combination of circumstances yet. They have a good car, not the best, that needs the right circumstances to win.

The circumstances it needs to win as far as I can see are 1) a hot track 2) a high speed circuit 3) the "device" to be working. Monza is likely to provide all of those things and give them a very competitive car.
They could've won in Hungary, if Raikkonen had Grosjean's qualifying position ;). And certainly in Bahrain, had Kimi's qualifying been better.

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

Notice to MODS:

Approximately 2 pages of thread have disappeared. Has this been done on purpose? Do I contact them directly?

Richard
Richard

A bunch of posts about Spa went to the Spa thread.

You can report threads to mods using the posts using the little ! in a yellow triangle on every post.

Hail22

I sense a very strong race from both Alonso and Hamilton both of them have something to prove after they were robbed of a possible podium at Spa.

Qualifying for Gran Premo di Monza:

1. Hamilton
2. Alonso
3. Button
4. Massa (weird but I have a feeling he has something to prove).
5. Raikkonen

Race Standings:

1. Alonso
2. Hamilton
3. Massa
4. Button
5. Perez

I don't rate Red Bull for this circuit due to the lack of EBD.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

I foresee first corner carnage, considering last year's Grand Prix, and the last Grand Prix. My crystal ball isn't getting very good reception right now and I can't really see who gets caught up in it - but I fear at least 1 car out of the WCC top 5 will be taken out, and another will be wounded..

As such I am refraining from making any predictions :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve