Khamsin Virtual Racecar challenge 2013 (CFD model racing)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
N12ck

Re: F1 model CFD Challenge (Khamsin Virtual Racecar challeng

Yes, there will be a helmet in for the tests, cockpit gets blanked, in line with the top of the chassis and the results will be shown soon, just going to run it again at different settings to double check everything, I have the first set of data. (It wont be this slow in the first test race)
Budding F1 Engineer

astracrazy
astracrazy

another question, sorry, but might as well ask before it starts. Are we including camera's? i.e nose cameras?

N12ck

astracrazy wrote:another question, sorry, but might as well ask before it starts. Are we including camera's? i.e nose cameras?
you will be supplied nose cameras,
Budding F1 Engineer

stez90
stez90

how long does it take to confirm registration? i submit mine yesterday, but i'm not sure it went fine.. #-o

N12ck

stez90 wrote:how long does it take to confirm registration? i submit mine yesterday, but i'm not sure it went fine.. #-o
it takes 2 mins, no registration has been recieved from your team, try resend
Budding F1 Engineer

RicME85

How long until the parts are ready Nick?

N12ck

Fuel tank left, and then all ready :D
Budding F1 Engineer

N12ck

RicME85 wrote:Hurry up ;)
I am going to extensive detail, especially on the tubs, haha :lol:
Budding F1 Engineer

machin

Hey guys,
As some people requested to know how my Virtual Stopwatch calculator works out the lap times I have added some info to my website:-

http://www.competition-car-engineering.com/Intro.htm

So, does everyone have some good ideas to use on their cars for the Monaco test?! Looking forward to see them....
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

N12ck

machin wrote:Hey guys,
As some people requested to know how my Virtual Stopwatch calculator works out the lap times I have added some info to my website:-

http://www.competition-car-engineering.com/Intro.htm

So, does everyone have some good ideas to use on their cars for the Monaco test?! Looking forward to see them....
was intending to distribute all the welcome pack CAD files by now, but due to University stuff have been extremely busy, I promise to send within the next couple of days
Budding F1 Engineer

astracrazy
astracrazy

will you be able to let us know all the things that need blocking off? like wheels etc?

N12ck

astracrazy wrote:will you be able to let us know all the things that need blocking off? like wheels etc?
you build your cars without wheels/suspension, the wheels will be put in after the car gets sent for the simulation to keep it all fair, and to make sure no-one tampers with it, things that need blanking sidepod intakes, cooling outlets, engine air intakes, Apologies for the lateness of the welcome pack, it is just university form filling and travelling has reduced time available recently :)
Budding F1 Engineer

astracrazy
astracrazy

will we get the wheels/suspension though?

wheres this starter pack! :wink:

N12ck

astracrazy wrote:will we get the wheels/suspension though?

wheres this starter pack! :wink:
the wheels/ suspension will be put on the cars after the simulation so no-one can tamper with it, so no you do not get given the suspension, however you will get the wheels.

also it is ready, but I haven't had time to compile/ distribute yet due to university paperwork, however I can say you will get it within a day.

I keep having to check the STL files, as thats what the cars get converted to for CFD, and I need to make sure there are no gaps in anything I give over, which takes time.

Also there is to be a non structural filler to cover the step up, so the welcome pack is preliminary as we dont have the 2013 regulations :)
Budding F1 Engineer