McLaren P1

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Re: McLaren P1

I don't recall myself, but Wikipedia says the Atom did its time on a moist track. Given that plus pagani's use of nearly slick tires, I think you could say they're probably at least even, and maybe the atom is faster.

the interesting thing is the 12c is already the 4th fastest time 2.4 seconds off the top time of the huayra, so logically the P1 will be above that. The only question is by how much, but I think 2.4 seconds is not out of reach by any means.

SectorOne

Juzh wrote: Except, it doesn't. Top gear considers huayra (which is faster than atom btw) laptime to be legitimate. Not to mention webber admitted how track is now better than it used to be in his 2nd interview on top gear.
No they don´t consider the Huayra to be the fastest one. Only Wikipedia does that.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mj5 ... /powerlaps

Ariel Atom is considered by Top Gear to be the leader of the board. Because of what me and other people have talked about in this thread.
Top Gear is well aware of the slightly fishy business Pagani did.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

SectorOne wrote:
Juzh wrote: Except, it doesn't. Top gear considers huayra (which is faster than atom btw) laptime to be legitimate. Not to mention webber admitted how track is now better than it used to be in his 2nd interview on top gear.
No they don´t consider the Huayra to be the fastest one. Only Wikipedia does that.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mj5 ... /powerlaps

Ariel Atom is considered by Top Gear to be the leader of the board. Because of what me and other people have talked about in this thread.
Top Gear is well aware of the slightly fishy business Pagani did.
I was referring to the lap times board on the show. I believe hyuara is still on it. Lets wait until sunday when zenvo ST1 will be tested and we'll see.

SectorOne

It´s the same list. If it´s on it´s because they never took it off during the show itself.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

anyway, what do you predict for lap time?

SectorOne

No idea. I think it will be seconds faster then the Porsche.

-

P1 in Abu Dhabi

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t1L5ShVR8w#t=41[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DresnFqP1tM[/youtube]

It just picks up and goes like a motherf... :)

Holm86

It will be fun to see the McLaren vs. the Porsche. I feel it will be a long time till we see the Ferrari on the Top Gear track.
I don't even know when the LaFerrari is supposed to be finished. And even when it is Ferrari probably wont lent one out. They would have to borrow one from a customer just like they did with the Enzo.

Juzh

What's with all the rattle in the cabin dammit. Seems like 12c is much more everyday friendly than this is. I myself own a very rattly car and it drives you insane over time. I don't understand how customers of something so expensive will tolerate this. Agera r being much more powerful had no rattling in any onbaords i've watched.

I don't think there'll be much between 918 and p1. Porsche is not to be underestimated.

Lycoming
Lycoming

Juzh wrote:What's with all the rattle in the cabin dammit. Seems like 12c is much more everyday friendly than this is. I myself own a very rattly car and it drives you insane over time. I don't understand how customers of something so expensive will tolerate this. Agera r being much more powerful had no rattling in any onbaords i've watched.
Isn't that just crap from the racetrack smacking against the car?

wesley123
wesley123

That would be the case, but how I hear it it only seems to happen under deceleration and when taking the corners. If it was stuff from the racetrack it would also happen on the straights.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

the EDGE
the EDGE

I think it will be close on the top gear track due to its tight low speed configuration, however we must not forget Dunsfield was used for development of the p1

If it's raining (which Is highly likely at the moment) I'm sure the Porsche's 4 wheel drive will give it the edge, and at somewhere like silverstone or spa I think the Mclaren would win by a country mile because of its superior acceleration and downforce

If it's dry I think we could see a sub 1.10 seconds from the p1

What impresses me most about this car however is it's ability to not only to dominate on the track but also the fact that it masters city centres and open roads equally as well, apparently being as smooth and driveable as any car out there, if not smoother. A far cry from super cars of the past

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

SectorOne wrote:No idea. I think it will be seconds faster then the Porsche.

-

P1 in Abu Dhabi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t1L5ShVR8w#t=41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DresnFqP1tM

It just picks up and goes like a motherf... :)
That is insane. It looks like it's on fast forward.

Pup
Pup

wesley123 wrote:That would be the case, but how I hear it it only seems to happen under deceleration and when taking the corners. If it was stuff from the racetrack it would also happen on the straights.
I think it's his camera rattling against his helmet

Holm86

Pup wrote:
wesley123 wrote:That would be the case, but how I hear it it only seems to happen under deceleration and when taking the corners. If it was stuff from the racetrack it would also happen on the straights.
I think it's his camera rattling against his helmet
I think so too. I've watched many videos recorded with go-pro cameras and they are always rattling like hell. Those mounts are shi*e!

el-Magico
el-Magico

Holm86 wrote:It will be fun to see the McLaren vs. the Porsche. I feel it will be a long time till we see the Ferrari on the Top Gear track.
I don't even know when the LaFerrari is supposed to be finished. And even when it is Ferrari probably wont lent one out. They would have to borrow one from a customer just like they did with the Enzo.
No offence, but the LaFerrari will smash this car two hands down.. 8)
Quote of the year: "almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap..."