Hamilton vs Rosberg and Button vs Perez in 2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who?

Hamilton and Perez
31%
Hamilton and Button
50%
Rosberg and Perez
7%
Rosberg and Button
12%

Total votes: 121

raymondu999

Hamilton vs Rosberg and Button vs Perez in 2013

Ok so with these two seats filled out, let's take a look, shall we?

Button will probably be (at least de facto) number 1 at first by having the home advantage. He's also a wily old fox and the young Perez will have to be assimilating new surroundings and environment at first.

Similarly Lewis will have to be adapting to a new environment - though I read some reports claiming he has a clear number 1 status at Mercedes.

So in the first year, who will beat whom in each team in 2013? Will Hamilton beat Rosberg? Will Perez beat Button?

I think Button will beat Perez - and Hamilton will still beat Rosberg.

So vote in the poll of who you think will emerge victorious in the standings come end of 2013, and post your reasons why!
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando
Nando

Re: Hamilton vs Rosberg and Button vs Perez in 2013

Hamilton and Button, they are champs for a reason and i think Rosberg is in for a rude awakening in terms of how fast you can log around a Mercedes.
And Perez will probably need a year to get fully accustomed to everything.

After that i think Perez will hand Button´s ass on a plate every race, every qualifying etc.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

gridwalker
gridwalker

I've never rated button, though I had to raise my estimation of him last year. Still, I'm considering placing money on Perez outpacing him next season.

As for Lewis Vs Rosberg, I'd say that Rosberg is more likely to date Hamilton than beat him ...
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

snoop1050
snoop1050

raymondu999 wrote: Similarly Lewis will have to be adapting to a new environment - though I read some reports claiming he has a clear number 1 status at Mercedes.
martin brundle was on sky news saying lewis and nico are joint #1 drivers just like nico and schumacher were.

Jackuar

Hamilton will certainly be difficult for Rosberg to outperform... Lewis easily.

Not undermining Button's credentials, somehow I'm not able to see him as a champion driver. He never really took off if not for the crazy brawn year, that landed him a top-team and eventually a good last year; his 2004 was good as an exception.

A younger blood Perez can just about manage to squeeze past him if he can learn to show the attitude, learn and show results like a champion-in-the-making rather than himself feeling like a-number-two-driver-to a-former-champion. A gamble but I'm still choosing Perez.
Finishing second is being the first one of losers....

beelsebob
beelsebob

Hamilton and Perez, easily.

PlatinumZealot

I think Button is going to destroy Perez because Perez is not a fast qualifier and most of his other traits are actually Button's strengths.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

raymondu999

n smikle wrote:I think Button is going to destroy Perez because Perez is not a fast qualifier and most of his other traits are actually Button's strengths.
For once I think I'm sort of agreeing with smikle's assessment of a driver - though I think "destroy" is overstating things somewhat.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FrukostScones

I think we should open the thread: Perez, the new Embarrassment for Button?!? :D
It will be pretty interesting what PER can do with the 2013 McLaren, but I think he can be very good and maybe better than Button.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

FrukostScones

n smikle wrote:I think Button is going to destroy Perez because Perez is not a fast qualifier and most of his other traits are actually Button's strengths.
actually I think, the Sauber is not a qualifying car, or the Team does not know to set up the car for quali without compromising the race pace.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

raymondu999

Actually I just noticed - it's like Raikkonen-Coulthard all over again! ex-Williams, established winner/topdriver pairs up with talented young Sauber graduate! :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Hmm, will Perez do a Hamilton on Button and upstage the current "boss" as the new guy?

Honestly, it's not like Button has been phenominal at McLaren.

I think there is space there for Perez to step into.

I don't think him having less performance than Button would be good for McLaren.

zyphro
zyphro

I could've sworn I read the 2013 car was built around Hamilton at Macca? :lol:

NathanOlder

FrukostScones wrote:I think we should open the thread: Perez, the new Embarrassment for Button?!? :D
It will be pretty interesting what PER can do with the 2013 McLaren, but I think he can be very good and maybe better than Button.
If Lewis hasnt been able to embarrass Jenson, how will Perez manage this? Lewis has looked good against Jenson in 2 of the 3 seasons together. I think in the first year Perez wont have a chance at finishing infront of Jenson in the WDC.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

NathanOlder wrote:
If Lewis hasnt been able to embarrass Jenson, how will Perez manage this? Lewis has looked good against Jenson in 2 of the 3 seasons together. I think in the first year Perez wont have a chance at finishing infront of Jenson in the WDC.
I think Perez will have the same drive for success that Hamilton had in 2007 except Perez has had the seasons of experience with many different situations to drive in: saving the tires for a last minute push to try and get the top step, dealing with colliding opponents, and racing among some of the best drivers IN F1.

Perez can be very fast. Him on the podium has shown that he can be fast but also gentle on the tires. Whether this is due to overall Sauber strategy or his skill I do not know, but I think Perez will have the outright speed and determination of Lewis, but is still young enough and GROWING enough to listen to strategies concerning saving tires.

I'd like to think working at Sauber, a midfield team that has to make do with what it has, where the brand hasn't overwhelmed the sport, Perez will care more for the team and add to the environment (much like Button has and unlike what I've criticized Lewis for). Humility and earnestness will go a long way in endearing the rest of the Mclaren team to Perez. I don't think the situation that supposedly happened with Lewis (in another thread, a former Mclaren worker was quoted describing how Lewis became more of a distant star than a close-knit driver as his success grew).