2012 Korean GP - Yeong-Am

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

Who will leave Korea as the championship leader?

Poll ended at 14 Oct 2012, 07:36

Alonso
39%
Vettel
61%

Total votes: 109

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Re: 2012 Korean GP - Yeong-Am

Advantage Vettel.

Vettel > Hamilton > Webber > Button > Alonso > Roman > Kimi > Kobayashi > Perez > Shumi

:D

Hail22

Can we agree whoever wins this weekend will most likely dance Gangnam style...sigh #-o #-o #-o

Mark Webber with Usain Bolt o:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

Hail22 wrote:Can we agree whoever wins this weekend will most likely dance Gangnam style...sigh #-o #-o #-o
i don't think that applies to everyone - just a few I know would. I can imagine Seb doing it if he wins, for example.

But they'll be probably doing it pre-race anyways.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

It's going to be the Red Bulls and McLaren again. Then anything can happen if Lotus get their package working from the moment they hit the ground (which more likely will happen in two to three races time). Masa will go back to "normal" (8-13th place) and Alonso will be the "?". Will he still be in the lead after this race?
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

raymondu999

Donuts wrote:lonso will be the "?". Will he still be in the lead after this race?
Good question. I've added a poll to the thread.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Jackuar

stefan_ wrote:Kimi's approach of the Korean Grand Prix:
What do you do to learn a new circuit?
KR: I drive it.

The interviewer might very well have slapped himself for asking that question to get that reply.... :|
Finishing second is being the first one of losers....

CHT
CHT

Psy, will wave the chequered flag this weekend. It will be interesting to see if he will do it in Gangnam style

LHamilton
LHamilton

I think we might see a Korea 2011 flashback this weekend. McLaren might fight for pole, but will struggle in the race. Hamilton had massives of understeer last year but managed to keep Webber behind. I feel McLaren were closer to Red Bull last year in Japan than they were this time around. Red Bull 1 and 2 with McLaren and Ferrari (Yes, Massa included. But he has to let Alonso pass obviously) fighting for third place.

In fact, it will be all on Grosjeans impact in the first corner. Will he or will he not take out anyone? I can smell a first corner incident again with Grosjean. Trying a late pass into the first corner which will see him lock a tyre and take out several cars.

raymondu999

I think Grosjean actually will go through this race safely. He has gone through a lot of criticism lately and I think he might be thinking now that he'd rather just go through very slowly than complete his pinball round.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando
Nando

I think he´s aiming for one more car this time to take out.

(for anyone who clearly lacks the ability to think, this is obviously a joke because of his 8 first lap incidents this year.)
Last edited by Nando on 10 Oct 2012, 17:51, edited 3 times in total.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

stefan_
stefan_

I think this "predictions" about Grosjean slamming, hitting, taking 4 cars out at the fist corner are simply stupid.

I am very curious to see how Lotus' new exhaust works and how they will integrate it in the design.
Last edited by stefan_ on 10 Oct 2012, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

raymondu999

stefan_ wrote:I think this "predictions" about Grosjean slamming, hitting, taking 4 cars out at the fist corner are simply stupid.
Absolutely agreed. It's stupid, and not constructive.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Nando
Nando

Anyone with a brain would realize it´s a joke. I´m sure anyone that has the ability to THINK would realize that nobody in F1 would set out to actually have as a goal to crash into cars.

But i forgot where i was... Mona lisa land.

One idea is to stop being so damn trigger happy for no reason at all.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

MikeFromCanada

ESPN F1 wrote:The FIA has lengthened the DRS zone at the Korean International Circuit by 80 metres ahead of this weekend's grand prix.
WHY???

It can be argued DRS should not be on that massively long straight all together (as with the Kemmel straight), and yet now they decide to lengthen the zone? :wtf:

f1316
f1316

Interesting me that - currently, anyway - most people are still going for Alonso to lead the championship coming away from Korea. Particularly considering that even a 2nd place might not be enough for that.

Personally, I get the impression that Alonso's defensive mind-set can often be counterproductive. We saw it in 2006, when he had a huge lead and, whilst his damage limitation was very good for a long time, eventually Schumacher caught up. Alonso then had to push incredibly hard in Japan, which actually worked out to his benefit with MSC's engine being overworked.

Kind of similar in 2010, when he said I only need podiums to the end. OK, maybe it was true, but it also meant they were paying too much attention to Webber and not enough to Vettel in the last race.

I'm not suggesting that he's going to make up a second of pure pace all on his own, but sometimes when you don't think you need to win, I think this somehow transfers to the urgency of your pace.