Ferrari F2013 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Cam

Re: Ferrari F2013 (pre-launch speculation)

shelly wrote:Aren't ferrari liable of braking some copiright for photoshopping last year mc's image? Or is it just an ironic move?
Here's both images so people understand what's happening. For those coming in late, it looks as though Ferrari have completely ripped off McLaren's previous launch teaser. They even copyrighted the image..... #-o

Doesn't bode well when people complain Ferrari cannot innovate.

“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Forghieri

Cam wrote:
shelly wrote:Aren't ferrari liable of braking some copiright for photoshopping last year mc's image? Or is it just an ironic move?
Here's both images so people understand what's happening. For those coming in late, it looks as though Ferrari have completely ripped off McLaren's previous launch teaser. They even copyrighted the image..... #-o

I don't think that it's the original image, it's one that's photoshopped by Autosport, on the Ferrari homepage, there's just a clock.
Last edited by Richard on 23 Jan 2013, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from earlier post
Do you feel you can beat the Red Bulls, either to pole position or the race itself?
Fernando Alonso: "I prefer to beat them on Sunday."

Lurk

I was suspicious too, but it was post on their official Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/Ferrari

Coefficient
Coefficient

Forghieri wrote:
Cam wrote:

I don't think that it's the original image, it's one that's photoshopped by Autosport, on the Ferrari homepage, there's just a clock.
It is pretty common knowledge that F1 engineers have outside interests, often arty. Remember the BAR guy that used to make sharks out of old car parts? Perhaps, this render is something Pat Fry doodled up on his lunch break back at Mclaren and just used it again.

It has no bearing on the team's abilities on the technical side.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

timbo
timbo

Coefficient wrote:It is pretty common knowledge that F1 engineers have outside interests, often arty. Remember the BAR guy that used to make sharks out of old car parts? Perhaps, this render is something Pat Fry doodled up on his lunch break back at Mclaren and just used it again.

It has no bearing on the team's abilities on the technical side.
While it is definitely true that it doesn't reflect in any way the abilities of their technical staff, the render itself was quite representative of 2011s McLaren, so it is not "generic" image. The idea of Pat Fry link is indeed interesting. Not sure whether it was made by Pat Fry directly but it might be something left in his docs.

Holm86

No mater what its till pretty lame to use it again.

Jashko
Jashko

R_Redding wrote:Why do I keep seeing a Keaton era Batmobile under that sheeting...
Me tooo:D suppose that has something to do with the lines beneath the wheels,would be great that F2013 has fire exhausts or something like that:D

FW17

Looks like they made the nose height as per 2014 regulations :lol:

Holm86

WilliamsF1 wrote:Looks like they made the nose height as per 2014 regulations :lol:
The nose height is as per 2011 McLaren. Its the MP4-26 underneath.

Nando
Nando

It´s just a render, not a car underneath where they have put a blanket on top of it, virtual or not.

Nose height and rear wing do not match MP4-26, not even the intake.

"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Redragon

I am pretty sure is a render that you can buy in any photo-library , I don't think is showing anything about Ferrari lack on innovation. Marketing teams with designers tend to do this quiet often, buying this cheap illustrations. And this is another example, an illustration.
We will see the car would be completely different shape than this red fabric draws.

Richard
Richard

It is amusing to see Ferrari using the same image as McLaren.

Also, these teasers are merely photoshop images are dreamt up by PR people. They are not real photos of a real sheet over a real car.

Holm86

Redragon wrote:I am pretty sure is a render that you can buy in any photo-library , I don't think is showing anything about Ferrari lack on innovation. Marketing teams with designers tend to do this quiet often, buying this cheap illustrations. And this is another example, an illustration.
We will see the car would be completely different shape than this red fabric draws.
I know its not a real photo. But McLaren also had a mini-game that year you could play in a browser. You could drive the car back and forth and so on. But not before the car was launched. Before there was just a model with a cloth over it. Just as in that photo.

But no mater what its still lame for Ferrari to use the exact same photo as McLaren did few years earlier.

Mr.G

Did somebody consider it can be some inside prank? I mean between Ferrari and McLaren? Maybe they have some bets between them or something like that. Who know. On the track they are rivals, but in the personal live I think they're more friendly.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

amouzouris

Just received this image in my email from Ferrari with the new teamwear... There is more white than previous years on the overalls, on the t-shirts, on the jackets and on the caps, pretty much everywhere..so im gonna guess that the new livery will include more white!