Lotus E21 Renault (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Re: Lotus E21 Renault (pre-launch speculation)

Can it be just the front wing.??

Spacepace

It's from the right side of the car where the front suspension is. What your seeing is the top of the chassis where they have those bumps. The thing in the background out of focus is a tool chest.

wesley123
wesley123

beelsebob wrote:
korzeniow wrote:
beelsebob wrote:It's not taken from the side of the nose, because it's got a section of bodywork beyond the second gold stripe. It's not taken from the side of the body, unless the E21 has no air box.
How do you know it's bodywork and not some kind of furniture in the background?
Because it would be retarded to take photos of an office chair behind an E21?
It's a tool box in the background
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

stefan_
stefan_

Things I can see in that ^ pic: he probably did the seat fitting / they have a new partnership with Alpinestars for 2013 / I usually use the exact type of duct tape they have on the car.

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Hail22

Just some advice to people keen to see the release of the E21 make sure you bookmark relevant webhosts/tv sites that will be showing the unveiling of the E21 as there will be a lot of early flash traffic from bots, media outlets and silly monkeys who may try to DDOS the uplink.

Usually I just log in 20 minutes before and put it on mute until the uplink begins:

http://www.youtube.com/user/lrgptv

It will be hosted live via Lotus GPs youtube channel as well as Sky F1 HD at 7:15 GMT (UK time).

E20 or E19 Rendered? (looks to be like a fans render/edit).

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Polishboy808
Polishboy808

Its just the R31. Anyone know if they're showing a pre-recorded video of the "live launch" again this year, or will it be an actual live reveal? If it isn't a recorded video, then maybe we can get some shots soon of their preparations. Hoping....

N12ck

Polishboy808 wrote:Its just the R31. Anyone know if they're showing a pre-recorded video of the "live launch" again this year, or will it be an actual live reveal? If it isn't a recorded video, then maybe we can get some shots soon of their preparations. Hoping....
its not even the r31, its the r30 showcar repainted
Budding F1 Engineer

stefan_
stefan_

"E19" doesn't even exist... That's an R30 rendered with the R31 livery.
I think it will be a live event since Sky is broadcasting it also. Last year's launch was...funny. Don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty excited about the E21.

The teaser pictures of the E21 I posted above don't work because the LF1T website is down.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Polishboy808
Polishboy808

N12ck wrote:
Polishboy808 wrote:Its just the R31. Anyone know if they're showing a pre-recorded video of the "live launch" again this year, or will it be an actual live reveal? If it isn't a recorded video, then maybe we can get some shots soon of their preparations. Hoping....
its not even the r31, its the r30 showcar repainted
Right sorry, I saw the R30 repainted in Lotus colors and assumed it was the R31.

diego1960

Let's just hope that for 2013 they lose the red areas in the wings and replace them with black. It messes a really nice and historic livery if you ask me.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Gridlock

No chance at all as long as Total are still on board (and without Total I doubt there's a LRGP...)

stefan_
stefan_

FrukostScones

I wonder what crap-mobile they will present us this time.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

turbof1

Several hours from removing the speculation label! I always get excited this time of year.
#AeroFrodo