Lotus F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
marcush.
marcush.

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2013

Kobayashi is a perfect match -he is quick and spectacular but not really the crasher most of the time.a good choice .

KATO

Kobayashi and Kimi Kamui is good to watch he's quick and he's amazing at over takes and Kimi same thing plus he's so dam awesome. I would bet they win 3-5 races easy together..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

diego1960

I too would pick Kobayashi over Grosjean. The latter seems way too much error-prone, and doesn't seem to improve in that matter. Kamui on the other hand wasn't in the best form of his career in 2012 compared to 2011 so it's not really a clear choice. Then comes the question of sponsorship and how much Lotus needs the money. I really don't know, I haven't been following the team that closely.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

PlatinumZealot

I think the E20 was the strongest car in a sense of speed and reliability. Had Kimi not been rusty (or if VET, ALO, HAM) were in it, the fight for the WDC would have been closer. I am looking forward to a front row car next year!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

marcush.
marcush.

Don´t underestimate Kimi .We have seen a on full song driver from the word go .There was not more in it ,simple as that.
Kamui on the other hand was clearly the better qualifier compared to Perez .
Kobayashi is a spectacular driver and character as well -compare with Grosjean who is barely visible when out of the car ..
and imagine the publicity when Kamuis fans actually have bought him a seat ....cool -i imagine his point scoring is worth a lot as well compare this with a driver either not competing for points or crashing all too often.(Maldonado,Grosjean)

erikejw
erikejw

Grosjean is really fast.
He is more video driver fast though. If the track is the car and the track is the same he can pull out quick times,
especially in qualy. When track and other things change he seems unable to adjust.
To me he seems to lack car feel. He have overdriven the car too many times this year including many
occasions the last races.

Kimi is exactly the opposite. He knows where the limit is at every instant.
He nees to improve qualy and he will be a severe threat next year.
He needs to look at what the other drivers do and how much curb they take on corners and how much offtrack some go.

He should do the same and that would carve some tenths(1-2) out of his qualy laps.
Too often he is on the edge speed wise but he does not use the track optimally.
In the race he has it all.

If LOTUS targets to be a top team you need 2 high quality drivers who can develop the car and bring the points home regularly
for the full season. Grosjean has the speed and if he can improve his weaknesses he will be the man.
I really like to give him another year but I am not sure he deserves it or has the right qualities.

Neno
Neno

n smikle wrote:I think the E20 was the strongest car in a sense of speed and reliability. Had Kimi not been rusty (or if VET, ALO, HAM) were in it, the fight for the WDC would have been closer. I am looking forward to a front row car next year!
i dont think so. e20 was very good base line car, it was good on straights like it was in corners. dont look now in speed traps and similar informations. if you look beggining of season with end you see overall comparation. lotus had best tops speed on beggining of season, one of smallest on end. this depend entirely on setup of the car, and understanding but what you could conclude was result very similar from beggining to end of season.

also if you remember e20 had problems with suspension on winter testing and they missed one in Barcelona, also car suffered in practice from KERS problem. also car react very differently and strange when wheater conditions mix up in GP weekend, it was shitty car on wet etc. But overall E20 will be great base for E21, and if they did understand E20 entirely how it work (setup) E21 will be beast on track with Kimi input.

korzeniow
korzeniow

n smikle wrote:I think the E20 was the strongest car in a sense of speed and reliability. Had Kimi not been rusty (or if VET, ALO, HAM) were in it, the fight for the WDC would have been closer. I am looking forward to a front row car next year!
I agree. Just look how long into the season they carried their conventional exhaust and still they were competitive.

Only lack of funding hampered thir progress in the second half of the season.
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

Glyn
Glyn

korzeniow wrote:
I agree. Just look how long into the season they carried their conventional exhaust and still they were competitive.

Only lack of funding hampered thir progress in the second half of the season.
Wish Schumacher was available.... :(

sriraj1031
sriraj1031

Glyn wrote: Wish Schumacher was available.... :(
You need schumacher in lotus now, too much !! :lol:

raymondu999

Schumacher for Grosjean then? :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

korzeniow
korzeniow

Lotus on the verge of US$30 million title deal

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/form ... edium=feed
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

Hail22

korzeniow wrote:Lotus on the verge of US$30 million title deal

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/form ... edium=feed
Indeed, that would be about right and rightly so :) glad they have a good sponsor who may be a very "stable" partner
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

nipo
nipo

Would really love to see what Kamui can do alongside Kimi. It was sad that Sauber cannot continue with him.

godlameroso

It's gonna be grosjean and raikkonen next year, I think after winning ROC, they basically have to cave in and give him one more shot.
Saishū kōnā