McLaren MP4-28 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Javert

Re: McLaren MP4-28 Mercedes

In Button hands it does not seem anything so bad as it seems in Perez hands

Button - Perez like Alonso - Massa the last year? :mrgreen:

CjC
CjC

beelsebob wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
Raptor22 wrote:appearing to rather underdeveloped and podgey compared to the ferrari, SAuber, Mercedes, Red Bull and Lotus...
Why is that? not enough VG's per cm²?
Lol, couldn't have put it better!
This isnt a dig at anyone, but if you say simpler designs/solutions are better then Mclaren have a rocket ship on their hands, lets be honest, it looks simple- basic almost.

Also don't you think that the car doesn't have alot of rake? Or do you not have alot of rake in the car when it's full of fuel?
Just a fan's point of view

sirexilon
sirexilon

Javert wrote:In Button hands it does not seem anything so bad as it seems in Perez hands

Hard to see that one the second fastest time in barcelona belongs to Perez and not to Jenson.

And we don't know what they are testing.

That can be said after Melburne,not before
Life long F1 fan. Always learning about all the tech around my favorite sport.

http://www.facebook.com/f1myway

Forza

F1 test - BCN T03 - Day 4

Coefficient
Coefficient

sirexilon wrote:
Javert wrote:In Button hands it does not seem anything so bad as it seems in Perez hands

Hard to see that one the second fastest time in barcelona belongs to Perez and not to Jenson.

We do know that Perez set his time on the softs and jenson used the hards for his.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

stefan_
stefan_

Barcelona (Test 3, Session 2) - Day 4 (03.03.2013)

via Craig Scarborough
Last edited by stefan_ on 03 Mar 2013, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

beelsebob
beelsebob

Coefficient wrote:
sirexilon wrote:

We do know that Perez set his time on the softs and jenson used the hards for his.
We do know that the drivers are testing the cars, not racing them, and that this is a car thread, not a driver pissing contest?

Forza

F1 test - BCN T03 - Day 4

Thunder

So, any news if Macca will bring new Parts today ?
Not to say i'm dissapointed, the Car looked quite good Performance wise and i like the simple and effective approach. But the lack of visible Updates bothers me a bit (ok a simplyfied Frontwing). Hell even RedBull brought something. ^^

Is their Simulator that good so they can bring the Melbourne Package to Australia untested ?
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

f1rules
f1rules

the mclaren looks really basic, even the nice 3element turning vanes they had to ditch, for a 60's wall type, I'm really not pleased with how they are doing, off course ill take that back if they are at the front in melbourne but some how i doubt it, ferrari bring a huge update package mclaren bring more simple frontwing and bargeboards woaw,

stefan_
stefan_

Barcelona (Test 3, Session 2) - Day 4 (03.03.2013)

High resolution: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Exhausts look thinner I think.

Was expecting a reduced bodywork this test, maybe Melbourne I guess.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Jackles-UK

I think most of us are a little disappointed with the lack of visible updates. However, if what Sergio & JB are saying is true and they are struggling to find the 'sweet-spot' with it I would rather them try to understand what they have rather than just bolting on some new fangled bits and pieces to muddy the water still further. I think it was Ross Brawn who said that without any updates at all a car will still gain around a second over the course of a season just through the engineers/drivers understanding all of its quirks and quangos!

Like has been mentioned earlier, the simulator at the MTC is one the best out there but for the thing to be most effective the correlation must be perfect; the running they've been doing with their baseline car can only be improving that surely?

Nando
Nando

I think i saw Williams style exhaust winglet on the Mclaren. Not 100% sure though but it looked like it.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

stefan_
stefan_

McLaren walking around with a chassis today.