Ferrari F138

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Huntresa
Huntresa

Re: Ferrari F138

And there went De La Rosas Ferrari carrer up in smoke :P

meves
meves

Back to yesterday it looks like Ferrari are testing some rear wing changes with vertical strakes on one wing end fence and horizontal on the other.

Diosfenix
Diosfenix

.poz
.poz

Crabbia wrote:I disagree, good spot, but the arch of the flow vis starts ahead of the vertical strake in the top picture.
The second arch is the junction, you can spot the bolts (yellow)

The first one.. i don't kow but it seems too perfect to me.. looks like there is a transparent sticker on the floor (thermal protection ?)

anyway maybe we just looking at different solutions tested in different days/different moments in the same day...

Today the exhaust is different

Last edited by .poz on 08 Feb 2013, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

stefan_
stefan_

Jerez - Day 4 (08.02.2013)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Mr.G

It's a pity, but better now like in Australia.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Cam

.poz wrote: Image
Supreme advertising spot. Small, cheap, yet everyone is looking at this spot. Kudos.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Hail22

Looks similar to the cow tongue exhaust they tested during mid season testing (2012 of course), a lot more shallow so hopefully the team will be out soon after repairing the main issue.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Yurasyk
Yurasyk

.poz wrote: Today the exhaust is different
Its the same exhaust, only a different shot angle.

THENOMAD79
THENOMAD79

Yurasyk wrote:
exhaust ramp is diff.

Crabbia
Crabbia

THENOMAD79 wrote: exhaust ramp is diff.
would explain 3 days of relatively trouble free running and then a fire on the 3rd lap.

would also explain why they only got out an hour after the track opened. could be that they were installing the new ramp.

yesterday and the day before they were out on the first minute the track opened like clock work.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Hail22

Ferrari confirm gearbox issue was problem for de la Rosa's car and reason for all that smoke. They are working to get the car back out.
autosportlive We can confirm that Ferrari's earlier issue was a gearbox fault. The team is replacing it as we write
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

zoro_f1

agreed with Yurasyk. Image
Yurasyk wrote:
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

Matt Somers
Matt Somers

meves wrote:Back to yesterday it looks like Ferrari are testing some rear wing changes with vertical strakes on one wing end fence and horizontal on the other.

Look again it's just the angle and light that make the Vertical strakes look horizontal on the right.
Catch me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SomersF1 or the blog http://www.SomersF1.co.uk
I tweet tech images for Sutton Images

Crabbia
Crabbia

Hail22 wrote:Ferrari confirm gearbox issue was problem for de la Rosa's car and reason for all that smoke. They are working to get the car back out.
autosportlive We can confirm that Ferrari's earlier issue was a gearbox fault. The team is replacing it as we write
there goes my theory
:oops:
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...