Mercedes AMG F1 W04

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Forza

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W04

China GP - Friday - 12/04/2013

beelsebob
beelsebob

MacX wrote:massive degradation tyres for mercedes. Not good for race.
Pardon? 1) Race thread 2) Merc went the longest of anyone by a significant distance.

Anon123
Anon123

beelsebob wrote:
MacX wrote:massive degradation tyres for mercedes. Not good for race.
Pardon? 1) Race thread 2) Merc went the longest of anyone by a significant distance.
I think he was specifically talking about the soft tyres because a lot of the articles seem to think Mercedes were destroying those, to be fair though whenever a marble is spotted on a Mercedes tyre people assume they have terrible deg relative to the other top teams.

dren

Cocles wrote:Sky commentators said the team has brought a new front wing, rear wing, and floor with them.
I see the front wing change, but don't see anything on the rear wing and floor. The strakes in the diffuser might be a tad different.
Honda!

mantikos
mantikos

dren wrote:
Cocles wrote:Sky commentators said the team has brought a new front wing, rear wing, and floor with them.
I see the front wing change, but don't see anything on the rear wing and floor. The strakes in the diffuser might be a tad different.

The rear wing doesn't have the dip near end plates - aka is a lower df version

wesley123
wesley123

The rear wing now makes use of the loophole in the rules that allows a part of the wing to be counted as the endplate.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Forza

China GP - Friday - 12/04/2013

mantikos
mantikos

stefan_ wrote:
tranquility2k4 wrote:
stefan_ wrote:China 2013 - Thursday (11.04.2013)
http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/image ... 484445.jpg
I am struggling to see what is new for the front wing, maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Which is new and old and what has changed? Someone could help by drawing on arrows lol.
New one is on top.

https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/195/0484445.jpg

http://img2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Mer ... 675273.jpg

In fact that whole vertical support is different as are the cascades they support.

zonk
zonk

Any good pic of teatray?

Forza

China GP - Saturday - 13/04/2013
ImageImage
Last edited by Forza on 13 Apr 2013, 10:11, edited 1 time in total.

Darknight
Darknight

On the side mirrors there is what looks to be a camera hole right in the middle of the "O" in Petronas. Has this been discussed before??

shelly
shelly

In thre out of for picture the hydraulic pipes for the fric have yoellow in the left of the car and red on the right, in the picture with the "dump" bottle yellow in on the left. Hint at left /right crossing pipes - interconnected left-right action and not just interconnected heave?
twitter: @armchair_aero

muhammadtalha-13
muhammadtalha-13

wesley123 wrote:http://img1.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Lew ... 675451.jpg

The rear wing now makes use of the loophole in the rules that allows a part of the wing to be counted as the endplate.
I don't see how. can you explain please?

EDIT: a'ight. Got it now.

Ferraripilot

shelly wrote:In thre out of for picture the hydraulic pipes for the fric have yoellow in the left of the car and red on the right, in the picture with the "dump" bottle yellow in on the left. Hint at left /right crossing pipes - interconnected left-right action and not just interconnected heave?

Not only that, but the clear viewing portion of the hydraulic inlet shows a red fluid, it could be just a normal colored hydraulic fluid like brake fluid to throw others off, but it's certainly not Mercury which is grayish in color. What else could this fluid it be? It they're reinventing old Citroen technology I hope they're not batty enough to use LHM fluid too! haha.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Ferraripilot wrote:
shelly wrote:In thre out of for picture the hydraulic pipes for the fric have yoellow in the left of the car and red on the right, in the picture with the "dump" bottle yellow in on the left. Hint at left /right crossing pipes - interconnected left-right action and not just interconnected heave?

Not only that, but the clear viewing portion of the hydraulic inlet shows a red fluid, it could be just a normal colored hydraulic fluid like brake fluid to throw others off, but it's certainly not Mercury which is grayish in color. What else could this fluid it be? It they're reinventing old Citroen technology I hope they're not batty enough to use LHM fluid too! haha.
Have you not seen the red in mercury thermometers? :P
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)