2013 Helmet Designs

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Red Schneider
Red Schneider

Re: 2013 Helmet Designs

It's funny how both McLaren drivers have the number one on their helmets.

Hail22

This is the only photo I could find of Fernando Alonso' SF1 helmet, looks pretty much the same to the 2012 helmet with the exception of the ringed Hublot, Kaspersky decals around the top part of the helmet/Visor.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

kartwheels
kartwheels

Red Schneider wrote:It's funny how both McLaren drivers have the number one on their helmets.
Thats the Mobil 1 logo...

And Hamilton's helmet is awful yes.

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

xDama
xDama

krisfx wrote:Is it just me who thinks Hamilton's new lid is absolutely awful? Especially with the green visor?
Hell no. It's bloody awful. I never really liked his helmet designs, but this one is by far the worst.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

lukeaar
lukeaar

Re: Hamiltons 2013 Helmet reveal

ESPImperium wrote: Image

I would buy either of those in a second if they were produced.

Sevach
Sevach

Kimi and Gutierrez look cool, but Grosjean is the winner for me.

I think the Hamilton one is better than his Mclaren helmets, unfortunately that's not a huge compliment.

krisfx
krisfx

lukeaar wrote:

Not a bell fan (I own an Arai GP5) But that is a nice lid!

lukeaar
lukeaar

krisfx wrote:
lukeaar wrote:

Not a bell fan (I own an Arai GP5) But that is a nice lid!

I have to admit that I don't race cars, but if Shoei produced that design in a motorcycle helmet I'd be all over it like a rash.

stefan_
stefan_

Forget 2013, my favourite designs are:

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

VarioR

Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, competing to win...

gold333
gold333

krisfx wrote:Is it just me who thinks Hamilton's new lid is absolutely awful? Especially with the green visor?

It's hideously gypsy.

Mercedes never did have any style. Even the design of most Mercedes cars are obnoxious and crude. Same goes for their taste in graphic design I guess.
F1 car width now 2.0m (same as 1993-1997). Lets go crazy and bring the 2.2m cars back (<1992).

scuderiafan

I like Perez's the most so far. I like the Aztec (is it Aztec?) design on it with the neon yellow.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

JackHammer

scuderiafan wrote:I like Perez's the most so far. I like the Aztec (is it Aztec?) design on it with the neon yellow.
I think so, although some of it does remind me of the Peruvian Nazca Lines

clipsy1H

such an ugly helmet for Lewis.... a champion like him must have own style (he's not a "dumb" kid like Vettel to change his helmets at every race).
I my opinion top 3 Helmets 1.Kimmi 2.Alonso 3.Button (but i think Michael had the coolest of all)