2013 Helmet Designs

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
gold333
gold333

Re: 2013 Helmet Designs

Why do people like Kimi's helmet so much? It just looks like a non descript dull helmet design to me.
F1 car width now 2.0m (same as 1993-1997). Lets go crazy and bring the 2.2m cars back (<1992).

diego1960

Agree, It's nothing spectacular and not even plain enough to be considered "Kimi".

This was his best design and these are the colors he should have kept for the rest of his career. Actually I am against drivers changing their helmet designs. Choose one wisely at the beginning and stick with it.

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

stefan_
stefan_

This is something I like - simple, good colours and reminds me about the helmets back in the day. Good choice, Valtteri.

Giedo's helmet looks pretty good also
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

krisfx
krisfx

Williams probably gave Bottas money to have that design done. Not a fan of that (They tried to do it with Coulthard at Mclaren)

PlatinumZealot

Hamilton's helmet screams wildness! I like it. Real rude boy helmet.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

โ˜„๏ธ Myth of the five suns. โ˜„๏ธ

โ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธ
LxVxFxHxN

PlatinumZealot

stefan_ wrote:This is something I like - simple, good colours and reminds me about the helmets back in the day. Good choice, Valtteri.
How do you dress? lol
Don't you like a little colour and wildness sometimes? IMO Bottas is a too young to have such a lame helmet. I like simple helmets too, but Bottas' is not good looking IMO... too many stickers makes it cluttered. The underlying design itself is not really interesting either...

LxVxFxHxN

wesley123
wesley123

I actually like Bottas' helmet. It isnt overcomplicated like the helmet of others, and imo actually represents the driver, like it should. And very few do so, they all seem to be aiming at stupid shapes etc. on it which mean nothing.

I really like very few helmets. I like the one from Vettel, which, apart from special race editions, stays the same and is more and more related to him. Also I like Hamilton's helmet, because the colors he chose have meaning and show something. Same as for Buttons helmet, with the large union jack on it and his initials in the same style. The helmets have meaning and identify the driver.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

n smikle wrote: How do you dress? lol
Don't you like a little colour and wildness sometimes? IMO Bottas is a too young to have such a lame helmet. I like simple helmets too, but Bottas' is not good looking IMO... too many stickers makes it cluttered. The underlying design itself is not really interesting either...
It's called having taste and being modest, which imo people like Hamilton lack in their persona.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Rรคikkรถnen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeรณn.

xDama
xDama

mx_tifoso wrote:
It's called having taste being modest, which imo people like Hamilton lack in their persona.
Ha! Nice one!
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

Shrieker

Modesty and F1 drivers... Two things that get along well, eh ?

Hamilton's helmet looks like a gypsy bundle as it is. Would've loved to see him keep his lid from Macca. Especially the blue on the bottom screams Alonso. Not good.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatรผrk

gold333
gold333

Shrieker wrote:Modesty and F1 drivers... Two things that get along well, eh ?

Hamilton's helmet looks like a gypsy bundle as it is. Would've loved to see him keep his lid from Macca. Especially the blue on the bottom screams Alonso. Not good.
That's why Senna has a place in peoples hearts I guess.

I agree 100% with you.
F1 car width now 2.0m (same as 1993-1997). Lets go crazy and bring the 2.2m cars back (<1992).

zonk
zonk

SENNA's and old HAMILTON's

PlatinumZealot

That was only a special edition Hamilton helmet for Brazil. The regular Ham helm is not so close to Senna's.
mx_tifoso wrote:
It's called having taste and being modest, which imo people like Hamilton lack in their persona.
Taste is one of those things....I think sophisticated taste is what Bottas' helmet lacks.

simple yet Interesting helmet below.. same colours as Bottas' too:
Simple lines, but the design is interesting as depending on how you look on it you could be seeing three thick white lines and white circle on a blue helmet.. or three thick blue lines a skinny blue ring on top on a white helmet.. Very sophisticated.

LxVxFxHxN

zonk
zonk

my point was the colors ( yellow helmet, green, red, blue stripes)

F1trainee
F1trainee

2013 F1 Driver Helmets Some more photos here - http://www.formula1onlive.com/2013/02/2 ... lmets.html