MotoGP 2013

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
seventhsin

Re: MotoGP 2013

And surprise surprise, Bradley Smith getting beaten by a CRT bike, and his team mate 4th,
He must have greased alot of palms to get that contract for as long as he did

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Tommy Cookers wrote:IMO 21 litres of fuel currently (24 for the claiming rule category)

Mr Rossi managed his fuel well ?
It seems like he has been doing well with fuel to last the entire race since in Qatar he battled all the way to the end, even though he did run out of fuel on the cool down lap.
NathanOlder wrote:Good to see Cal running up there again. If it weren't for the run on at turn 1 when Rossi passed him, I think Cal would have challenged Dani for 4th. Marquez will slow a little after a few hard crashes. He can't keep riding it like a moto2 bike. He was the only 1 riding so wild for the whole race. Cal on a 1yr old M1 able to match the factory honda's.
I don't think that he's changing his style any time soon!
Shrieker wrote:It wasn't the most exiting of races. M&M rode a very fine race. You don't often see history made right in front you though. Stoner must be pleased the mantle was taken over by M&M. I might be tempted to buy a shoei MM replica when I replace my bike.
Well I didn't even finish watching the F1 race but it seems like MotoGP was a better option this time around.

Btw, an Italian friend of mine is moving to Istanbul in two weeks and he also rides. I hope that your city treats him well. ;)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Cal outpacing the factory bikes, all that boy needs is improved consistency and he is a shoe in for the next factory position. His speed is top notch.

Dani starting to impress this year too, Marques lagging now after an unbelievable debut. I hope Dani can take it this year, would be great to see.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Rossi back, missed the race, thought these things were always on the Sunday. Nice to see Crutchlow nabbing pole.

seventhsin

Great to see Rossi win again

More impressive was Jorge Lorenzo riding from 12th to 5th, when early yesterday morning he was having a broken collarbone plated and screwed in the operating room.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

seventhsin wrote:Great to see Rossi win again

More impressive was Jorge Lorenzo riding from 12th to 5th, when early yesterday morning he was having a broken collarbone plated and screwed in the operating room.
That was gutsy for sure.
Pedrosa seems fading late in the race recently, something is going off, probably his tyres.

gray41

Almost unbelievable from Lorenzo today. =D>
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Shrieker

Yes, that man has balls of steel. I couldn't have gotten out of bed for a week or so if I had broken something.
mx_tifoso wrote: Btw, an Italian friend of mine is moving to Istanbul in two weeks and he also rides. I hope that your city treats him well. ;)
I just saw this now. Coincidentally, my elder brother has been to Italy for 5 days last week for a pushbike race. He also visited Milano, and was telling us how organized it was and how people were behaving civilized and respectful in traffic. It's not that bad here in Istanbul (I've been riding for over 5 years now) but frankly having come from Italy I wouldn't be surprised at all if he said he wouldn't want to ride here.
Last edited by Shrieker on 29 Jun 2013, 21:12, edited 3 times in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Huntresa
Huntresa

JimClarkFan wrote:Rossi back, missed the race, thought these things were always on the Sunday. Nice to see Crutchlow nabbing pole.
Its moved so it doesnt clash with F1 tommorow.

Shrieker

I thought it was an old tradition to run the motorcycle gp's in Assen on saturdays so it won't coincide with sunday's church meeting. IIRC there's a cathedral nearby and at the time the old folks didn't want the shrieking sound of 2 stroke bike engines rock the place :) Hence, Assen is called "the Cathedral of Speed". I could be completely wrong though lol.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Huntresa wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:Rossi back, missed the race, thought these things were always on the Sunday. Nice to see Crutchlow nabbing pole.
I thought it might have been because of the F1 too, given that they are in the same time zones.

Its moved so it doesnt clash with F1 tommorow.
Shrieker wrote:I thought it was an old tradition to run the motorcycle gp's in Assen on saturdays so it won't coincide with sunday's church meeting. IIRC there's a cathedral nearby and at the time the old folks didn't want the shrieking sound of 2 stroke bike engines rock the place :) Hence, Assen is called "the Cathedral of Speed". I could be completely wrong though lol.
lol, well full marks for creativity if you made that up.

The championship is hotting up this year, I think it is wide open now that Lorenzo has a broken collar bone. For some reason though, I don't see Dani taking the title, even though he has been tipped to.

I think the guy I have been most impressed with is Crutchlow. I think that might be because I am a fella brit, but he is putting that bike in places where I feel (in the absence of actual knowledge) it shouldn't be.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

So is that Lorenzo out of the championship? He just went and messed up that plate again.

Going to make a prediction here, a very bold prediction too.... Rossi for the title, like a story you wouldn't believe.

Shrieker

It's so very unfortunate for Jorge. He's had 2 weeks of rest up to now, and a clean weekend would've gotten him out of the woods. He could've landed in a hundred other ways - but no, lands on his injured shoulder. Murphy's curse I guess...

I'd like to see Rossi fight for the title but can't see that happening realistically. Dani should just keep his head cool and his nose clean. Marquez might take advantage of that and carry the fight into the closing races though. Now that would be something.
-Atatürk

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

The beauty of Slow Motion

See how the sparks move around and disappear in a little explosion! :o :shock:
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

MadMatt
MadMatt

Crutchlow still took maximum apex... without his bike :D