2013 Bahrain GP - Sakhir

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Mandrake
Mandrake

Re: 2013 Bahrain GP - Sakhir

Goran2812 wrote:logical thing to believe is the premise that all systems are functioning normally in the race (up to the point when you realize that something f**** up and is not working). That means all systems controlled by ferrari and all systems controlled by the fia... yes, they have a designated drs zone, and they have a system that limits the flaps to that zone. if the fia system is broken, that's the fia's problem. as we could see in the onboard, on this occasion it was broken... on the other hand the flap also failed, and that was ferraris problem. it took them how many laps, 2-3? to assess the situation, and they called him in. the end... :) the fact they let him open his drs again is plain idiocy on their behalf, and the second stop was a punishment on it's own... :D no need for bashing or developing stories that it was done on purpose or smth like that :D
On RTL they say that due to the fault in the FIA's system, the drivers always get a beep passing the detection zone, meaning they are allowed to open the DRS. It is now the task of the race engineer to tell their drivers when to use it.

As the FIA's system is not even able to properly limit DRS use to those being closely behind a competitor, it will not be able to limit usage anywhere on the track. So if Alonso wanted to open his DRS, he would just press the pedal (or button) and DRS would flip open.

I can understand that in the heat of the moment he might have pressed the pedal to early, thinking that the DRS would only open after the line, but as this was the 4th race, I doubt that he had forgotten about it......so the question about doing it on purpose it legitimate....

Richard
Richard

Cars are not penalised for illegality caused by damage in the race. Alonso's flap failed and flew open. It was a mechanical failure.

raymondu999

richard_leeds wrote:Cars are not penalised for illegality caused by damage in the race. Alonso's flap failed and flew open. It was a mechanical failure.
The highlighted incident happened before the failure, as demonstrated by the system's capability to completely close (as per normal) under braking. The system was even used again in the middle of lap 4 at the back straight, and still fully closed. It wasn't until T1 lap 5 that the system closing failed.

I think Goran raised an interesting point there. Is the DRS zone, and activation relative to the zone, supposed to be self-policed, or FiA policed? Do they punish anyone caught cheating, or do they simply make it impossible to cheat? For example, if you were an exam invigilator - do you stuff the kids all into cubicles (ie making copying/opening DRS outside the zone physically impossible) or do you keep a watch and punish any copying kids? (ie drive through for activation outside the zone, etc)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

performergr
performergr

thevlack wrote:HAM got a penalty 'cause his tyre broke, and that damaged the Gear box... So regulations (bad or not) were in full effect. It was clearly not a HAM fault...

ALO opened his DRS in a place that is not allowed, and he got not penalty... I dont care if he lost the race or watever the regulation must apply there...

So the maFIA is alwyas choosing which penalty to apply... I'm not sure why I'm surprised by it.

Sorry if this offends anyone. :)
valencia 2010..

komninosm
komninosm

I was watching the race with my brother and I kept noticing that some cars opened DRS on the main straight much earlier than others, and some cars did it even later. I think it was McLarens that did it latest of all, RBR and Ferrari pretty early.
What the hell is going on?

Juzh

komninosm wrote:I was watching the race with my brother and I kept noticing that some cars opened DRS on the main straight much earlier than others, and some cars did it even later. I think it was McLarens that did it latest of all, RBR and Ferrari pretty early.
FIA DRS regulation telemetry is offline since the start of the season in australia. If you read last couple of pages you will see it's been discused already.

komninosm
komninosm

Juzh wrote:
komninosm wrote:I was watching the race with my brother and I kept noticing that some cars opened DRS on the main straight much earlier than others, and some cars did it even later. I think it was McLarens that did it latest of all, RBR and Ferrari pretty early.
FIA DRS regulation telemetry is offline since the start of the season in australia. If you read last couple of pages you will see it's been discused already.
I did read them, but nothing seems to have been done about it. I was just giving my own impression too. Was this eventually fixed now?

Juzh

komninosm wrote:
Juzh wrote:
I did read them, but nothing seems to have been done about it. I was just giving my own impression too. Was this eventually fixed now?
Its been fixed since barcelona.

Hail22

Re: JamiateOuargla

LVSaul wrote:in reality it's a Really Fascinating subject. My Viewpoint is SAME Apart from which it Looks to never GENERELIZE ITEMS along with HANDLE in instances through SCENARIO.
universite
Do not click this link, it goes to a malicious site.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve