2013 Spanish Grand Prix - Barcelona

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
beelsebob
beelsebob

Re: 2013 Spanish Grand Prix - Barcelona

RB_[Gnx] wrote:I found an interesting Fact about the Spanish Grand Prix :
The Last 7 Races have been won by 7 different drivers

2006 Fernando Alonso
2007 Felipe Massa
2008 Kimi Räikkönen
2009 Jenson Button
2010 Mark Webber
2011 Sebastian Vettel
2012 Pastor Maldonando
2013 ? a FORCE INDIA to create a surprise?

I think there is no predictions to make , we have to wait until FP1/2 Until the Teams use their big upgrades .
Hamilton, Rosberg or DiResta would have to be the favourites.

Guisson

Hamilton, Rosberg or DiResta would have to be the favourites.
Could Be .. I expect at least a Mercedes to be on the front row ! they have the best sprint performance ( on par with Red Bull)
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

Hail22

Its too far away to make a prediction also with the new packages turning up...who knows.

Based on the talk thus far by some teams about their packages for Barcelona I will make a preliminary list for Quali / Race:

Qualifying top 5:

1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso
4. Massa
5. Raikkonen

Race Top 5:

1. Alonso
2. Raikkonen
3. Hamilton
4. Sutil
5. Webber
Last edited by Hail22 on 23 Apr 2013, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

beelsebob wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Someone needs to move them to one-a-week, then that would ease the wait a lot :mrgreen:
The issue is of course the tracks don't want that – they want to be able to have one weekend of awesome with F1 and support races, so that they can really make their cash back.
Of course they don't. I'm not talking of what is realistic - I'm talking of how I'd love things to be! Lol.

I'd be interested in seeing whether or not Vettel repeats his qualifying struggle of 2012. He should be a lot more confident in the RB9 than the RB8, but his Barcelona qualifying has generally been not as good as Webber. Last year he outqualified Mark ironically thanks to him performing worse in Q2.

Will be interesting to see how Monaco fares too.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Generally speaking, Alonso goes well around here - definitely one of his best tracks. His quali performances the last couple of years were brilliant. I think the track should suit the F138 nicely.

FW17

beelsebob wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:Wish they would go back to the previous layout now that pirelli and DRS are taking care of the show
Why? What do you think is better about it? Personally, I think it makes for a rather samey circuit, with no real overtaking zones.
The chicane sequence was installed in the middle of 2 ultra fast sweepers which led on the start finish, this was altered to aid overtaking, which has not worked, so why not go back to the original.

The fast sweeping corners were signature of the Catalunya, the last two were pretty much the fastest, so why not bring it back?

beelsebob
beelsebob

WilliamsF1 wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:Wish they would go back to the previous layout now that pirelli and DRS are taking care of the show
Why? What do you think is better about it? Personally, I think it makes for a rather samey circuit, with no real overtaking zones.
The chicane sequence was installed in the middle of 2 ultra fast sweepers which led on the start finish, this was altered to aid overtaking, which has not worked, so why not go back to the original.
What do you mean it has not worked? There's tons of overtaking into turn 9, and tons into turn 1 now. Both are a result of the changes to the layout. There's actually pretty much no other overtaking zones on the entire track.

FW17

beelsebob wrote: What do you mean it has not worked? There's tons of overtaking into turn 9, and tons into turn 1 now. Both are a result of the changes to the layout. There's actually pretty much no other overtaking zones on the entire track.
I am not sure what you mean about turn 9 as it has remained unchanged over the years, and I have never seen any overtaking into turn 9.

The chicane was installed in 2007, here are the stats for the years;

1999 4 Dry
2000 3 Dry
2001 9 Dry
2002 3 Dry
2003 19 Dry
2004 6 Dry
2005 2 Dry
2006 7 Dry
2007 5 Dry
2008 2 Dry
2009 2 Dry

beelsebob
beelsebob

WilliamsF1 wrote:
beelsebob wrote: What do you mean it has not worked? There's tons of overtaking into turn 9, and tons into turn 1 now. Both are a result of the changes to the layout. There's actually pretty much no other overtaking zones on the entire track.
I am not sure what you mean about turn 9 as it has remained unchanged over the years, and I have never seen any overtaking into turn 9.
Uh sorry, I meant turn 10.
The chicane was installed in 2007, here are the stats for the years;

1999 4 Dry
2000 3 Dry
2001 9 Dry
2002 3 Dry
2003 19 Dry
2004 6 Dry
2005 2 Dry
2006 7 Dry
2007 5 Dry
2008 2 Dry
2009 2 Dry
Interesting that you chose to ignore 2010, 2011 and 2012 ;)

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I find it odd that a lot of you guys are saying that Alonso will win or qualify on pole here but I honestly don't think that it's going to this well for him. The Ferrari's have not been able set the quickest laps in Q3 and due to that it'll be too difficult to win. And I'm simply afraid of Vettel running away again.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

mx_tifoso wrote:I find it odd that a lot of you guys are saying that Alonso will win or qualify on pole here but I honestly don't think that it's going to this well for him. The Ferrari's have not been able set the quickest laps in Q3 and due to that it'll be too difficult to win. And I'm simply afraid of Vettel running away again.
With the launches of the Ferrari's, second row should see him lead into T1 if those infront are anything but perfect off the line.

Racer X

I predict McLaren gets considerably closer to Podium or at least shows signs of a more stable car that can stay ahead of the midfield they will hopefully deliver a stable package. I dont expect them to be able to actually be in the podium just maybe about 4th to say 7th place. the race it self will be between the usual team weve seen.

I think tho the race will remain between Lotus RedBull and Mercedez also Alonso should be able to challenge for podium.

I do feel Alonso can win this race just as much as the RedBulls or Mercedez but i dont think Massa that why i listed Alonso as apposed to Ferrari

Also i wonder for how long Force Indias evolution of their 2012 car can continue to lead the midfield and when the C32 might begin to pick up speed as Force India trumps its development and reaches its max potential and how much can say Sauber continue to develop in the race for Top Mildfield team.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Sevach
Sevach

beelsebob wrote: Hamilton, Rosberg or DiResta would have to be the favourites.
I would give Grosjean a better shot than those guys, probably equal to Hamilton and ahead of Rosberg and Di Resta.

StrikeForceF1
StrikeForceF1

The question before making any sort of prediction is what are the tyre compounds that are going to be used?....we know there are teams potentially quicker but also harder on their tyres and we know there are quick teams but are also gentler on the tyres. With all the tyre talk going on and the call for better/harder tyres it will reamin to be seen who has the slight advantage.

gandharva

StrikeForceF1 wrote:The question before making any sort of prediction is what are the tyre compounds that are going to be used?....we know there are teams potentially quicker but also harder on their tyres and we know there are quick teams but are also gentler on the tyres. With all the tyre talk going on and the call for better/harder tyres it will reamin to be seen who has the slight advantage.
I think we'll see hard/soft (if pirelli changes the soft tires to last longer) or... hard/medium. But hard/medium is more likely even if pirelli changes the softs.