2013 Spanish Grand Prix - Barcelona

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2013 Spanish Grand Prix - Barcelona

I am sure that Mclaren will bring a great update so lets see if they are capable of being at the front again.

I am curious about Williams too, they are going to introduce many changes in the car for this race, so wait, perhaps Maldonado can win again. :mrgreen:

Barcelona is too agressive with the tyres and it will be hot, not the best track for Mercedes.

turbof1

1158 wrote:Don't forget 2010 also had the introduction of the F duct (precursor to DRS) and 2 more teams. (3 new teams but Toyota left).

Are leaders overtaking back markers counted as overtakes? I wouldn't think so but with FIA you never know.

Even if those do not count I'm sure 4 more cars on track contributed some number of overtakes.
The big difference with drs was that the f-duct wasn't an artificical overtaking tool: you could use it anywhere, anytime (aka everybody full throttle on eau rouge with a stalled rear wing and only one hand on the steering wheel).
#AeroFrodo

Richard
Richard

Overtaking debate moved to its own thread :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=14972

Pirelli debate move to the relevant thread :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... ead#unread

godlameroso

Weather forcast for the race weekend, rain going into the weekend, should stay dry afterwards. Temperatures roughly 26-32c and track temperature will peak in the low 40's.
Saishū kōnā

raymondu999

We're still a whole 12 days away from even FP1 mate...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FrukostScones

godlameroso wrote:Weather forcast for the race weekend, rain going into the weekend, should stay dry afterwards. Temperatures roughly 26-32c and track temperature will peak in the low 40's.
my forecast now went down from 22 to 16C....

anyway, I m bold and predict a HAM victory.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

SiLo

I think a HAM pole position would be a safer bet, his lap last year was an absolute beast. I'd say Alonso for the win.
Felipe Baby!

SamH123
SamH123

I wonder how hard Merc will try for pole though
After Rosberg's poor race in Bahrain they might try something different

turbof1

To what end? It's not like the team has lots of room to play with. If you try to point at a more racy set-up: cars already are pretty much setup for both the race and qualy; you can't really shift much of the focus to one or another. Starting on the harder isn't going to help either: you sacrifice both starting positions and positions at the start, and later on they need to fit they softer tyre anyway.

The only thing Mercedes can do is keep improving the car and hope that'll fix the issues in the race. Both qualy and race pace are there, but the latter is very tricky to unlock.
#AeroFrodo

Vasconia

SamH123 wrote:I wonder how hard Merc will try for pole though
After Rosberg's poor race in Bahrain they might try something different
Last season they won in China and then in Barcelona they were clearly out of the podium, I dont see how they are going to improve this if the new(and last) package of the year dont work amazingly.

I dont expect rain but this year is rainning a lot in Spain, much more than usual, so perhaps we could have a surprise with the weather, I am sure Lewis and Nico are praying for this. :mrgreen:

PlatinumZealot

How did last year's winter testing pecking order compare with last year's race performance??
It might be a very enlightening comparison. We might be able to even to explain any shifts in the pecking order.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

turbof1

Mclaren was In front in both. Ferrari definitely improved compared to the winter test, but dont forget they had their mid season test back then.
#AeroFrodo

Racer X

Vasconia wrote:I am sure that Mclaren will bring a great update so lets see if they are capable of being at the front again.

I am curious about Williams too, they are going to introduce many changes in the car for this race, so wait, perhaps Maldonado can win again. :mrgreen:

Barcelona is too agressive with the tyres and it will be hot, not the best track for Mercedes.
Barcelona because of UpdAtes is always a great treat. You can't really call it Only thing I do hope McLaren come close to top 3. But aside from that I hope the new hard tires work better.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

godlameroso

Apparently it's the same tire they tested in Brazil last year, the one they used for Bahrain and Malaysia was a bit softer. This one will be slightly harder than last years medium compound. Given the tires how many stops are we predicting? I'd say a two stopper is entirely possible.
Saishū kōnā

Racer X

godlameroso wrote:Apparently it's the same tire they tested in Brazil last year, the one they used for Bahrain and Malaysia was a bit softer. This one will be slightly harder than last years medium compound. Given the tires how many stops are we predicting? I'd say a two stopper is entirely possible.
I wonder howmany teams will take a risk and try to one stop. McLaren with its two tire Gurus will consider it. Two stops will surely be the norm. I agre.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ