2013 Monaco Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
turbof1

Re: 2013 Monaco Grand Prix

Neno wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:
iotar__ wrote:Red Bull to Webber: "Lift earlier to save the brakes" What?! Below 100% driving not related to tyres!? Saving fuel, saving brakes, saving gearbox, saving engines? That's not racing. :o
LOL People jumping on bandwagons have selective hearing!
Nothing wrong with what he sayed. That is not racing, saving fuel... saving engines. Only whiners complain where something is not working for them, in this case Red Bull. It must felt reall good sitting on throne 3 years, without any worry about nothing and pumping their ego about best aerodynamic, wait i am wrong. They need to worry to sabotage every weekend Webber, and when they couldn't do it they needed to make team orders, but that is smaller problems.
But you get what i mean. FP1 and FP2 showed me how to much downforce they have, they lapped everyone in same lap
*said

I don't think it is as simple as "whining when things go wrong". How would you feel when you could ace an exam but have been given only enough ink to fill 75% of the answers?

Not that I agree inmediately with Red Bull, but a little bit more empathy would be nice.
#AeroFrodo

Neno
Neno

turbof1 wrote: *said

I don't think it is as simple as "whining when things go wrong". How would you feel when you could ace an exam but have been given only enough ink to fill 75% of the answers?

Not that I agree inmediately with Red Bull, but a little bit more empathy would be nice.
If others can fill only 75% of the answers then yes, which in this case can do all teams, everyone get this much "ink". But if my pen spending much more ink then others i would buy a new one, in this case not buy same one (made same mistake as Mercedes creating that kind of car who is hard on tires). You can't blame ink for your pen.

flynfrog

turbof1 wrote:Snip
*said

What if the limited ink is part of the exam and its up to you to maximize the number of points you can score. There is not a single series that you don't have to mange parts of the car.

turbof1

flynfrog wrote:
*said

What if the limited ink is part of the exam and its up to you to maximize the number of points you can score. There is not a single series that you don't have to mange parts of the car.
Except that you would not know how much each question is marked, all the questions are equally difficult, but not equally marked (the same uncertainty as with the tyres).

Again, empathy!
#AeroFrodo

flynfrog

turbof1 wrote:
flynfrog wrote:
*said

Except that you would not know how much each question is marked, all the questions are equally difficult, but not equally marked (the same uncertainty as with the tyres).

Again, empathy!
Welcome to racing. This is no different than any other racing series.

majki2111

How good is Ferrari in race simulaton? I didn't see whole P2. :?:

turbof1

flynfrog wrote:Welcome to racing. This is no different than any other racing series.
How about DRS? driving in disturbed air without any compensating aids is also part of racing, yet they are keen on scraping that part.

If you want to increase the show, you are doing it wrong by having drivers race against the tyres instead of eachother.
#AeroFrodo

Neno
Neno

majki2111 wrote:How good is Ferrari in race simulaton? I didn't see whole P2. :?:
Ferrari and Lotus looks best in race simulation as always, behind are Mercedes and Red Bull equally fast but not by fair margin. Usual situation this season.

Race:
Lotus>=Ferrari>Red Bull=Mercedes
Qualy:
Mercedes>Ferrari>Red Bull=Lotus

majki2111

Neno wrote:
majki2111 wrote:How good is Ferrari in race simulaton? I didn't see whole P2. :?:
Ferrari and Lotus looks best in race simulation as always, behind are Mercedes and Red Bull equally fast but not by fair margin. Usual situation this season.

Race:
Qualy:
Thanks for the answer.

iotar__

You can check lap times here:
http://www.fia.com/championship/fia-for ... nformation
under timing information
Neno wrote: Race:
Qualy:
I disagree about qualifying order. Lotus should be higher, Grosjean's time was on softs, super softs mean -1 s, I would expect Alonso to be closer to Mercedes as well

flynfrog

turbof1 wrote:
flynfrog wrote:Welcome to racing. This is no different than any other racing series.
How about DRS? driving in disturbed air without any compensating aids is also part of racing, yet they are keen on scraping that part.

If you want to increase the show, you are doing it wrong by having drivers race against the tyres instead of eachother.
last time I checked they were not awarding points to PIRELLI. If you want to watch sprint racing maybe watch some hill climbs. F1 is ran to a set of rules those rules include DRS and Spec tires. The drivers are racing each other the current rule set rewards those that can preserve a car better instead of one lap wonders.

turbof1

Maybe they should as also then set a rule that they are allowed to fit rocket propelled granates inside the sidepods and allow once a lap to blow up a competitor. Because as long as its a rule everything is ok I guess?

It's not because it's a rule, it is holy and untouchable.
#AeroFrodo

Overdriving
Overdriving

Neno wrote:

Race:
Qualy:
If we go by this logic, then Red Bull is the 4th best car this season. Vettel is doing a great job leading the championship in the 4th best car.

Neno
Neno

iotar__ wrote: I disagree about qualifying order. Lotus should be higher, Grosjean's time was on softs, super softs mean -1 s, I would expect Alonso to be closer to Mercedes as well
Well from what i seen, Lotus is not that fast in one lap. Grosjean was only one who worked on short qualy runs, as Kimi worked on race setup. Grosjean said he was pushed a bit, and that's why he lost control and end up in wall. Yes he had some pretty good times, but he was nowhere near both Mercedes. Ferrari was quiet strange, and on moment showed he could seperate Mercedes. Red Bull was not shown to be strong enough, but they usually are with more fuel. So i dont know. For me both Mercedes and atleast Alonso are in front Grosjean, if you take Massa usually this season good form in qualy as he was 3 times in row faster then Alonso then you have both Ferrari's in front of Lotus.

I am fan of Lotus, but i still think best they can do is 4-6 in qualy and if it rains, I expect them around 8-9. Grosjean said he had problems with heating up tyers in one lap.

EDIT: Red Bull is fast car that is for sure. But their win's get from race with mixed conditions (when they need heat up tires quickly in one lap and run away), something similar like Ferrari last year. They obvious have problems with tires as they can't push enough in dry. Vettel for me is not leading championship, you need too take 7 points from his score, because those are Webber's points.

Racer X

Sergio Perez said being able to pull off a ONE stop race would maximize chances for a better result and how fast you can be with a one stop.

But if some one was to try a one stop. Would worrying about tire preservation make them too slow on track'?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ