2013 Monaco Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Re: 2013 Monaco Grand Prix

Watching Buttons onboard, the ride is still terrible.

/loads of front locking.

Blackout

Nice helmet camera on the Williams the best I've seen in F1 so far.

max_speed
max_speed

its kinda funny to see tire debate raging on. interesting comments from alonso and raikonen . Vettel and redbull is losing it all , giving silly excuses such as, tyres have taken real racing away . ok, i will agree somewht that tyres hv taken real racing away but dnt crib abt it right now and deal with it , after all its same for everybody . if redbull are champions and as usual they hv newey , he should be able to fix it , after all greatest aerodynamist of all times.

its like complaining about question paper, with few questions out of course and you want to get it changed in the exam hall on the spot...hahaha, its same for everybody, one who prepared better will pass the exam.

vettel wants real racing with tyres made of stone and its Ok. All teams will agree to hv them for next year but asking them to change right now is bullying and lotus and ferrari are right to block the changes.

they had it easy for past few years now real test begins for them.

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

GrizzleBoy wrote:Watching Buttons onboard, the ride is still terrible.

/loads of front locking.
Perez said they were expecting a tough weekend, and since they were expecting to do well last race and didn't really improve much, I think they'll really struggle here, and I can't either Perez or Button getting into Q3.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Blackout wrote:Nice helmet camera on the Williams the best I've seen in F1 so far.
Yup, I recorded it too:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTkvYPRgYrY[/youtube]

turbof1

First practice and only around 1.7s away from last year's pole time, with much more fuel. Phenomenal. I think they'll easily dip into the 1:13's
#AeroFrodo

Forza

Thursday Free Practice 1

ImageImage

Vasconia

majki2111 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:A little bit of rain expected and low temperatures, Lewis and Nico are good prayers. :D

Chances for Mercedes are rising, I expect the first victory of Lewis with the german team.
Why not Rosberg? I think it is going to be Rosberg, if Mercedes will win.
True, and I would not be surprised if it happens, but I am expecting Lewis to have a unbeatable performance after the infamous previous race and because he has been beaten by Rosberg in two consecutives qualifying.

Anyway, Rosbergs has leaded the 1FP, so anything can happen!

SiLo

Anybody want to have a stab at the gap from the Mercedes to everyone else in qualifying? Wonder if Alonso will be able to split them.
Felipe Baby!

majki2111

Vasconia wrote:
majki2111 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:A little bit of rain expected and low temperatures, Lewis and Nico are good prayers. :D

Chances for Mercedes are rising, I expect the first victory of Lewis with the german team.
Why not Rosberg? I think it is going to be Rosberg, if Mercedes will win.
True, and I would not be surprised if it happens, but I am expecting Lewis to have a unbeatable performance after the infamous previous race and because he has been beaten by Rosberg in two consecutives qualifying.

Anyway, Rosbergs has leaded the 1FP, so anything can happen!
Is still see Rosberg ahead of Lewis this weekend.

iotar__

Boring practice:
- they didn't run for half an hour,
- no one crashed :evil: ,
- Red Bulls are not even trying,
- best times early in the session,
- only highlight - Maldonado, RB should hire him,
- I blame Pirelli.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

I honestly don't know if Lewis actually knows how to drive the Merc as well as Rosberg.

I've said it many a time before, but under braking his downshifts during races and even quali sounds like a car on an in lap.

Its unbelievably slow. It could just be a stylistic difference, but he never used that style in the McLaren.

Kiril Varbanov

Not much to discuss, according to a friend of mine who's on site, except that Ferrari and Lotus look good on slow corners, as opposed to RBR, who didn't seem to "push like hell".

WhiteBlue

Red Bull probably run a heavier car like they usually do.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

majki2111

What do you think? Can this year car set fastest lap ever in Monaco set by Kimi Raikkonen in 2006 1:13:532? I think they can.