2013 Canadian GP - Montreal

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
diego.liv
diego.liv

Re: 2013 Canadian GP - Montreal

zeph wrote:Yes, it was yellow but he was not overtaking. He was lapping a backmarker under the blue flag.
No matter if a blue flag, yellow has the priority. But here seems to be yellow-red, is that for 'debris on track'?

Hobbs04
Hobbs04

andartop wrote:Really sad indeed. They should be booing all other drivers for failing to challenge Vettel and allowing him to run away with it.

Was it just me or did anyone else think there was an ever so slight contact between Lewis and Alonso during the overtake?
Contact twice on the same right rear tire. Reminded me of Malaysia 2010 with Lewis and Alonso.

Lewis needs Ben hur style spiked rims if he wants to play that way. Unfortunately the aero on a set of Ben hur rims will further their setup issues (maybe next year).
Last edited by Hobbs04 on 10 Jun 2013, 00:23, edited 1 time in total.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Juzh wrote:
Hobbs04 wrote:I actually felt bad for vettel up on the podium. The audio picked up a lot of the crowd booing. It clearly bothered him.
Pathethic stuff on the fans behalf. But what can you do. It's canada after all. All ferrari there, much like monza.

BS. Button wasn't booed when he won.

iotar__

Sutil's penalty was bullshit. He didn't try to prevent the pass, he was driving his own race, I've seen worse ones not penalized, he's right talking about double standards. Being in front of lapping car is not the same as blocking, it's up to the driver behind to make the pass, it's up to driver in front to let be passed. Here it was at worst borderline.

For some teams and drivers stewards are trigger happy, it's as Red Bull put it F1 is like fake wrestling. Consistency of stewarding should be a subject of discussion not constant tyres yapping.

turbof1

iotar__ wrote:Sutil's penalty was bullshit. He didn't try to prevent the pass, he was driving his own race, I've seen worse ones not penalized, he's right talking about double standards. Being in front of lapping car is not the same as blocking, it's up to the driver behind to make the pass, it's up to driver in front to let be passed. Here it was at worst borderline.

For some teams and drivers stewards are trigger happy, it's as Red Bull put it F1 is like fake wrestling. Consistency of stewarding should be a subject of discussion not constant tyres yapping.
I agree there is inconsistency, but clearly there was no attempt to pull aside and let Hamilton through. The rules are clear on that: you are allowed to ignore the flags 2 times, at the 3d one you are forced to slow down and let the ones behind go through. The blue flags are there to stop you from minding your own race and minding the race of the ones behind you.

Although I completely agree with you the stewards failed to correctly apply the rules in similar situations in the past, there is no reason to criticise them when they do apply them correctly.
#AeroFrodo

andartop
andartop

I'm not sure about Sutil's penalty.

On the one hand, while watching the race I was thinking it was totally unfair, as it seemed Lewis was too far off and I could see no reason Sutil should have to actually slow down, let them catch up and overtake him before he could continue his race.

On the other hand, there was a lot at stake, and the middle section of the track doesn't really allow too much room for safe overtakes. Considering Sutil didn't have anything to lose by slowing down, and he was shown the blue flags and blue lights, the wise decision, and fairplay, would be to actually slow down and get out of the way.

I'm just glad we avoided the s%&storm that would be taking place here right now if Alonso had pulled a move on Hamilton because of Sutil's blocking...
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Juzh

Well if the stewards wanted to be consistent raikkonen should also get a penalty for impeeding vettel which cost him 3.5s in 1 lap.

MuseF1
MuseF1

Juzh wrote:Well if the stewards wanted to be consistent raikkonen should also get a penalty for impeeding vettel which cost him 3.5s in 1 lap.
True, but if you watch back, neither Raikkonen or Bottas didn't receive a blue flag for quite a while.

Juzh

MuseF1 wrote:
Juzh wrote:Well if the stewards wanted to be consistent raikkonen should also get a penalty for impeeding vettel which cost him 3.5s in 1 lap.
True, but if you watch back, neither Raikkonen or Bottas didn't receive a blue flag for quite a while.
So its the marshal's fault? He was behind them for almost entire lap.

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

Regarding Alonso + yellow flag:

The board clearly flashed red+yellow, because of debris on track.

MuseF1
MuseF1

Juzh wrote:
MuseF1 wrote:
So its the marshal's fault? He was behind them for almost entire lap.
Yes, poor marshalling. When your racing hard, why slow yourself down when you haven't received a blue flag? I think the rules state something along the lines of 'once your given a blue flag you have to allow a pass within 3 marshall posts', hence why there was no penalty, because there were no flags.

Hail22

Juzh wrote:
Hobbs04 wrote:I actually felt bad for vettel up on the podium. The audio picked up a lot of the crowd booing. It clearly bothered him.
Pathethic stuff on the fans behalf. But what can you do. It's canada after all. All ferrari there, much like monza.
Fans are to be respected as well (within reason) they're not scripted puppets that must applaud on the cue of the FoM or FIA.

They expressed their disappointment which they're entitled to do (although I do not support the notion of booing in the first place), so long as there are no hurls of abuse / racism or projectiles being thrown then in real essence no harm is being done.

We only need to look back at Michael Schumacher's dramatic crash in Silverstone '99 people were laughing and cheering...now that's disgraceful.

Didn't have time to trawl back through the pages so I thought I add some onboard videos from this weekend:

FP2:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSC8aPGKeYk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWZQGfClS_E[/youtube]

Adrian Sutil quite frustrated with his drive through:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqVHuHB1D2k[/youtube]

P.S Thoughts and prayers with the Marshall who has been injured whilst remove Esteban's car.
Last edited by Hail22 on 10 Jun 2013, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

ced381

It appears the man has died from his injuries. Very sad story. :(
'09 Volkswagen CC Sportline 2.0TSI 'Jennie'

Hail22

ced381 wrote:It appears the man has died from his injuries. Very sad story. :(
Well this is a sad thing to hear right now may he rest in peace and his family are taken care of.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108014
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

liveforf1
liveforf1

sad news about the marshal. they do a great job.

for those who think Sutil had no affect on the race and Hamiltons's race, please check the fia's lap summary. lap 62 Lewis lost 2 maybe 3 secs because of Sutil at a very crucial point in the race. Sutil is better than that, he was unfair at that point. traffic was an issue all day but he clearly held Hamilton up. the preceding and subsequent laps between Hamilton and Alonso were very closely matched. i think without this the pass wouldn't have been as simple.