2013 Canadian GP - Montreal

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
komninosm
komninosm

Re: 2013 Canadian GP - Montreal

SectorOne wrote:
Chuckjr wrote:
SectorOne wrote:Racing at it´s finest....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXRbgnqIG_Q
Sounds like Fred lifted after the corner and mid straight. You can see Ham jump forward when Fred lifts.

Wonder why he lifted (if that is indeed what happened)?
Not lifted but hit the brakes. Hamilton was trying to catch him out, exit out of the corner slowly, get Alonso alongside then just hit the brakes near the DRS line.
Obviously Alonso figured this out and bided his time very well.
Yeah, it's pretty sweet, my two favorite drivers, this is movie material.

iotar__

SectorOne wrote:Racing at it´s finest....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXRbgnqIG_Q
I'm going to be a negative a..ole again and call it artificial racing, it looked good but you knew what was going to happen, even Maldonado-Alonso was better in 2012 despite lack of overtaking. Hamilton as expected put up a good fight even came back with a DRS but overall it was a formality DRS overtake.

BTW this mutual back-patting by Hamilton and Alonso is really nauseating, "intelligent driving" talk by Alonso means he ended up in front, nothing else. Forgetting Perez, I don't recall him praising intelligent Sutil or Button after Monaco. Hopefully next time they'll be couple centimetres on the wrong side and this intelligent driving results with a puncture or damaged wing and mutual accusations instead. :twisted: It was close to that in Canada.

Juzh

iotar__ wrote: What about FI's 56 laps stint? Were they pushing 100% (I mean 95% of course).
If red bull would go at force india's pace they could go entire race distance on meds.

rahulsampath
rahulsampath

Juzh wrote:
iotar__ wrote: What about FI's 56 laps stint? Were they pushing 100% (I mean 95% of course).
If red bull would go at force india's pace they could go entire race distance on meds.
By that logic, Marussia and Caterham should be kindest on their tyres

beelsebob
beelsebob

Juzh wrote:
Why don't they then?

After all, Force India are finishing within a pit stop's time of red bull, so by doing one fewer stop than them and driving the same pace, you'd trivially beat them.

Oh wait... that's because you're talking bullshit ;)

Juzh

beelsebob wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Why don't they then?

After all, Force India are finishing within a pit stop's time of red bull, so by doing one fewer stop than them and driving the same pace, you'd trivially beat them.

Oh wait... that's because you're talking bullshit ;)
U mad again? :wink: Whar BS are you seeing here? If a car like vettel's RB would lap as slow as FI went round the track they wouldn't even scratch their tyres, let alone push them to their limits. to go at a force india's pace RB would have to lap more than 1s a lap slower than they were. FI finising within a pitstops of RB? dont know what you mean by that.

beelsebob
beelsebob

The point is that if RedBull could do this, they'd do it, and win races by doing it. The reason RedBull haven't been one stopping is that it would require them to do significantly worse lap times than 1 second off the pace.

Hail22

Finally found the podium interview...no video only audio as the FoM will pull it down due to copyright (so the author of the clip says):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnpRljhiPrs[/youtube]
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Chuckjr

This change to outdoor podium post race interviews is total BS. Its shifted the whole thing into a synthetic sham. Gone are the days when we see the drivers post race with real emotions which flowed like water in the former interview setting. Now, with their voice blasting on an outdoor PA to 50,000 fans screaming (often booing) it only serves to bury their true feelings which we will never see in such a setting. I miss moments like when Schumi matched Senna's wins and could not help but become overwhelmed with emotion next to his brother Ralf. It was moments like that and many other post race interviews which humanized and emotionally charged this sport revealing a glimpse of what its like spending 1.5 hours riding a knife edge with death. Now, you get some half baked drunk interviewer fumbling along attempting to make it something it simply cannot be. What a disappointment.
Watching F1 since 1986.

raymondu999

I have to disagree. I do not believe podiums are sanitized in that sense. We've seen many drivers cry on the podium too, and even during their podium interview. If they won't say it on the podium, what makes you think they'd say it in the unilaterals?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Chuckjr

When was the last time we saw a guy break down while in interview with Eddie Jordan or David Coulthard? It's simply not a setting which is cohesive to emotional safety.

I'm simply communicating that by no longer having access to the guys in a more quiet setting when reality begins to re-clench right after all the hoopla, we miss out on what used to be. Maybe my argument is like the tire argument, some people hate the new format for tires, other people love them. Subjectivity runs rampant here so it really comes down to personal impression I guess. I simply see whats happening now as just another PR event, rather than a real interview of where they are really at.
Watching F1 since 1986.

raymondu999

Chuckjr wrote:When was the last time we saw a guy break down while in interview with Eddie Jordan or David Coulthard?
We did with Piquet in Brazil 2012. But such emotional breakdowns are few and far between. When was the last time we saw a situation which warranted it anyways?
It's simply not a setting which is cohesive to emotional safety.
If you provide reasoning why you think this - then we can talk further. In the meantime, my psychology education is calling BS.
I simply see whats happening now as just another PR event, rather than a real interview of where they are really at.
And I don't see the difference. Those who were PR-bots in the conference would've been PR-bots on the podium anyways, and those who weren't then still wouldn't be now.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Chuckjr

Meh. No worries. I'd rather not spend time dialoging about such intricasies. It's a subjective argument and we just see it differently. Looking forward to Silverstone! Cheers-
Watching F1 since 1986.

SilverArrow10

Deleted.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle