Favorite Current Driver and Why?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
stefan_
stefan_

Re: Favorite Current Driver and Why?

richard_leeds wrote:
n smikle wrote:thE

BOSS

AKA THE DRIVING GOD

Gods do not need to be justified.
I agree, Ma Qinghua has made quite an impact this season.
Objection! According to his description, there can be no other fitting more perfectly than Taki Inoue.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Richard
Richard

Good call, but he's not a current driver.

ell66
ell66

Favorite driver is Hamilton....no contest.

As for best, pretty close between Hamilton and Vettel IMO...with lewis edging it.

I think Alonso is generally rather average in qualifying.

PlatinumZealot

Vettel has an easy life in his cotton padded rocket ship. I want to see him at mercedes against Hamilton before I say he is the best.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

n smikle wrote:Vettel has an easy life in his cotton padded rocket ship. I want to see him at mercedes against Hamilton before I say he is the best.
Looks like Vettel is going to end up at Ferrari next, and I can't see them wanting Hamilton there too.

That's the only team mate battle I want to see, Hamilton v Vettel would be incredible, and we could finally see who is the quickest driver after all.

raymondu999

The fairest would be for them to both move to a new team at the same time, not for one to move into the other's team
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

sennafan24
sennafan24

raymondu999 wrote:The fairest would be for them to both move to a new team at the same time, not for one to move into the other's team
That is fair.

I would say it is not a cert Vettel will end up at Ferrari, but I do think he will leave RB after 2015. The majority of drivers get itchy feet and like to fly the nest from their "mother team" so to speak, even if they win titles there. See Schumi at Beneton or Lewis at McLaren.

McLaren and Merc could be options for Seb come 2015, as the state of play could be very different in a few years.

marcush.
marcush.

It just has to be Raikkonen -may be it´s just because the fins are different but his antics are nothing short of bizarre and if anyone keeps the flame burning than it´s kimi -AND he delivers constantly as well .
He is the one no BS guy in the paddock.

sennafan24
sennafan24

marcush. wrote: He is the one no BS guy in the paddock.
That is a reason I like him.

Kimi is a throwback to the days of his hero James Hunt, he does not really try and be media friendly and shoots straight from the hip. He has a cool factor to him, the bad boy of F1 if you like.

SectorOne

raymondu999 wrote:The fairest would be for them to both move to a new team at the same time, not for one to move into the other's team
Or give it a season, letting the new guy understand the inner workings of the team and the car philosophy.
But of course that first season will always be held as an ace in the sleeve in any discussion.

In the same way people said Rosberg was faster then Hamilton. Now we can probably all agree Hamilton has the edge overall in terms of one lap pace.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

radosav
radosav

Alonso because he is ... Alonso!

sennafan24
sennafan24

SectorOne wrote: In the same way people said Rosberg was faster then Hamilton. Now we can probably all agree Hamilton has the edge overall in terms of one lap pace.
Same thing happened with Mansell's comeback to Williams in 1991, Patrese out qualified Nige as the Englishman struggled to adapt initially. Once Mansell found his feet, Patrese was a league below. Same with Lewis vs Nico, only they are a bit closer than Mansell/Patrese were.

Some drivers just adapt better than others. Vettel as much as I dislike him, probably is the type to adapt quite quickly as he is a grafter.

marcush.
marcush.

I don´t see any of the current drivers remotely as heros ..yes Vettel has a talent impersonating other drivers (Kimi and even better Mansell..) but that does not really cut it for me .

Richard
Richard

I'm realising why Ferarri are keen on a 3 car team. It'll give us the ultimate showdown between Vettel, Alsonso, Kimi... hang on a second what about Hamilton?

aha - They could all switch to RB / TR and let Newey design both cars.

That might be a fanboy's wet dream but it'd be rubbish for the overall formula.

SectorOne

marcush. wrote:I don´t see any of the current drivers remotely as heros ..yes Vettel has a talent impersonating other drivers (Kimi and even better Mansell..) but that does not really cut it for me .
I don´t see them as heroes but i definitely can draw some loose parallels.

Kimi - Hunt
Hamilton - Senna
Vettel - some say Mansell but i would say Clark. Very clean, very fast and will simply maximize the job given the car.

Alonso is a hybrid of so many drivers imo. I think in the future his fighting spirit will be compared with some young driver.
I´m in absolute awe of his fighting spirit, opening laps is a joy to watch when Alonso is on fire.
At Monza last year, started 10th or something then i hear the commentators saying he´s up to third and you are like "what the hell just happened here, how did he...."

When Alonso smells blood you know you are in for a treat.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"