Vettel vs Ricciardo 2014

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
loweyz

Re: Vettel vs Ricciardo 2014

A nice pic those things are quick musta bin some drs involvement XD
The problem with a rat race is, even if you win your stiil a rat.

Juzh

FoxHound wrote:The Renault did not seem at all bad today.
Are you for real? I mean, really? No joke?

loweyz

Juzh wrote:
FoxHound wrote:The Renault did not seem at all bad today.
Are you for real? I mean, really? No joke?
I think by not bad he meant both cars finished most teams couldnt say that today

mnmracer
mnmracer

Only the Renault in the Red Bull and 1 Torro Rosso though.

loweyz

On a serious note @renaultsportf1 plz fix your powerplant so we can put this topic to rest this race was as you claimed your major fase with new maps and I still seen nothing impressive/improvements I hope you dont now feel due to the win it was because it was a succes I just wanna see seb and danny go at it with an impressive car

sennaf1god.94

We have to recognize why RedBull are the current World Champions...

With that crappy underpowerd and unreliable Rinoo power unit they managed to get two spots of the podium and one of them in the top of it thankx to a pair of great drivers, all of that in one of the fastest race tracks of the calendar.

Ricciardo is driving like a pro at each and all times during this season, he sure benefited from good luck , but his first win is a well deserved one, and in my opinnion is RedBull´s most deserved one.

They are the best team out there not by chance, is not just a good car (look at Williams), or a pair of great drivers (look at Ferrari...) is a great team of individuals on the pitwall that turns a good team into a GREAT TEAM. Just remember preseason testing and how this team has grown since then...

Kudos to them =D>
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

loweyz

I agree totally renault only has to get the engine in a slightly comparible range infiniti will do the rest

sennaf1god.94

loweyz wrote:I agree totally renault only has to get the engine in a slightly comparible range infiniti will do the rest
Eing?

Infiniti/Nissan are both owned by the Renault Group...

WTF are you talking about?

Renault has a deplorable combustion engine with nearly 30bhp less than Mercedes, only recently they have managed to get more torque out of the electric part of the Power Unit as they corrected the multiple failures of that area of the system. Better acceleration but same old poor top speeds...

What brings all the attention back to the crappy combustion engine. Infinity only appears in the equation to bring engines at Zero cost to the team, or better at a cost to the Renault Group as they actually don´t pay Renault a single penny for their crappy and expensive power units, and Infinity (Renault) actually pay a huge amount of money in temrs of sponsorship deals.

That´s why they didn´t jumped ship to Mercedes for next year... they recently confirmed they would stay with Rinoo for 2015.

#-o
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

loweyz

Deleted by me XP
Last edited by loweyz on 09 Jun 2014, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.

loweyz

sennaf1god.94 wrote:
loweyz wrote:I agree totally renault only has to get the engine in a slightly comparible range infiniti will do the rest
Eing?

Infiniti/Nissan are both owned by the Renault Group...

WTF are you talking about?

Renault has a deplorable combustion engine with nearly 30bhp less than Mercedes, only recently they have managed to get more torque out of the electric part of the Power Unit as they corrected the multiple failures of that area of the system. Better acceleration but same old poor top speeds...

What brings all the attention back to the crappy combustion engine. Infinity only appears in the equation to bring engines at Zero cost to the team, or better at a cost to the Renault Group as they actually don´t pay Renault a single penny for their crappy and expensive power units, and Infinity (Renault) actually pay a huge amount of money in temrs of sponsorship deals.

That´s why they didn´t jumped ship to Mercedes for next year... they recently confirmed they would stay with Rinoo for 2015.

#-o

according to what ive read infinti team provides the tech on the base renault engine from renault sport 2 seperate but interwined sections I apoligize if its incorrect I dont work for either

Mandrake
Mandrake

Good thing is, this was the first race without technical woes for either driver. Vettel beat ric in quali and started well into the race. I believe he would have stayed in front of ric if not for the force India train. But ricciardo is a very good driver, certainly better than Webber was. I also think that Vettel still is not happy with the braking. He had so many moments into the hairpin, we didn't see that inn the years before. Seems like braking still is a little inconsistent.

loweyz

Delete me mods plz multiple post
Last edited by loweyz on 09 Jun 2014, 12:25, edited 1 time in total.

loweyz

This is the post that confused me by Adrian Newey " F1 presents immense design and engineering challenges on a daily basis having a comitted technical partner like infiniti gives us a great platform for working together on technical projects such as energy recovery systems for 2014. "
Nov 25 2012 but thx for telling me there just sales it makes more sense ayrton

djos

Vettel vs Ricciardo 2014

Dan said after qually that he made a few minor errors in his qually lap and should have been quicker than he was - still there where only a handful of Hundredths between VET and RIC so that's great for the team.

Both drove a stellar race tho and both got lucky to get on the podium considering how obviously underpowered the Renault PU is!

I think Vettel has finally got his head around the 2014 cars and I fully expect the rest of the season to show Dan and Seb are equally talented.
"In downforce we trust"

Harsha
Harsha

sennaf1god.94 wrote:We have to recognize why RedBull are the current World Champions...

With that crappy underpowerd and unreliable Rinoo power unit they managed to get two spots of the podium and one of them in the top of it thankx to a pair of great drivers, all of that in one of the fastest race tracks of the calendar.

Ricciardo is driving like a pro at each and all times during this season, he sure benefited from good luck , but his first win is a well deserved one, and in my opinnion is RedBull´s most deserved one.

They are the best team out there not by chance, is not just a good car (look at Williams), or a pair of great drivers (look at Ferrari...) is a great team of individuals on the pitwall that turns a good team into a GREAT TEAM. Just remember preseason testing and how this team has grown since then...

Kudos to them =D>
So true, Hoping for more Double Podium finishes of RBR and if Possible Victories as well , Renault cant get much bigger boost that this any time lets hope the Austria BIG Update works as they told and allows the Bulls to compete against Mercs on straight lines as well