Vettel vs Ricciardo 2014

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SpecialCircumstances
SpecialCircumstances

Re: Vettel vs Ricciardo 2014

Pierce89 wrote: Whenever some one points out that Ricci is clearly out driving Vettel, you call it incorrect,unbased,double standard or missing context. Its the same bs every time Ricci hands Vettel another defeat.
So he should just accept it when someone says Ricciardo is "clearly out driving" Vettel even if he thinks he can show otherwise? It's up to him to show how it's not true. I am constantly amazed at people who are seemingly bothered by having their opinions challenged on forums.

If he fails to provide a compelling argument, he is up for being judged of course.

Secondly, using expressions like "Ricci hands Vettel another defeat" doesn't exactly make you sound very unbiased or mature.

Pierce89

mnmracer wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:I feel like I'm preaching to the choir on this one with you :mrgreen:
The only reason you feel you're preaching is that your pointing out lacks context, and as a result implies that the situations in which one RB driver failed and the other prevailed were comparable, and the different outcome a result of performance difference. That is the only reason this discussion is still continuing.
there is a reason why I responded to turbo and not you. Generally I don't consider you able to give a non biased view.

You are like Sebastian vettels own spin doctor.

With turbo I feel like i can have I reasoned debate, but I can't with you.

Notice that I accepted all of turbos points btw.
Considering this is an information medium however, I care which information -and more importantly misinformation- is put out for people to take in. If you choose to ignore me based your own fabrications of me, fine, I really don't care, but I will respond to anything you say that is either wrong or greatly lacking necessary context.

Just so you know <3[/quote]
Most of the time, nobody else agrees with your "correct version". So, you make all these accusations about misinformation, double standards etc. When in the eyes of the majority, you're the one guilty of these very things.

Edit: I got the quotes all messed up so just check back to see who said what.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Pierce89

SpecialCircumstances wrote:
Pierce89 wrote: Whenever some one points out that Ricci is clearly out driving Vettel, you call it incorrect,unbased,double standard or missing context. Its the same bs every time Ricci hands Vettel another defeat.
So he should just accept it when someone says Ricciardo is "clearly out driving" Vettel even if he thinks he can show otherwise? It's up to him to show how it's not true. I am constantly amazed at people who are seemingly bothered by having their opinions challenged on forums.

If he fails to provide a compelling argument, he is up for being judged of course.

Secondly, using expressions like "Ricci hands Vettel another defeat" doesn't exactly make you sound very unbiased or mature.
Dude, you have no clue. Every week MNM is in an argument, attacking someone because they don't believe Vettel is the best.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

SpecialCircumstances
SpecialCircumstances

What I am saying is that it's his right to sit here and argue all day. It's a forum. And I am not saying he is correct in everything he is saying. I am well aware of his poster "type".

And again, no offence but you're not coming accross, in your last few posts, as someone who simply "doesn't believe Vettel is the best". In my view, you are also the one currently attacking someone. I don't know, you tell me, what exactly annoyed you in this discussion? Do you think that Ricciardo outperformed Vettel in this GP and it's really unreasonable to argue otherwise?

mnmracer
mnmracer

Pierce89 wrote:
SpecialCircumstances wrote:

Dude, you have no clue. Every week MNM is in an argument, attacking someone because they don't believe Vettel is the best.
Please show me the last time I 'attacked' someone "because they don't believe Vettel is the best".
Not "attacked because someone said something which is untrue", but your accusation, related to Vettel being the best.
Last edited by mnmracer on 11 Jun 2014, 17:05, edited 2 times in total.

mnmracer
mnmracer

Pierce89 wrote:Most of the time, nobody else agrees with your "correct version". So, you make all these accusations about misinformation, double standards etc. When in the eyes of the majority, you're the one guilty of these very things.
When I point out that Vettel's car has suffered so many reliability issues he drove 33% less than Ricciardo, it doesn't matter if you 'agree' or not. It's an undeniable fact.
When I point out that Vettel did not spend 50 laps behind Hülkenberg in Canada, but 16, it doesn't matter if you 'agree' or not. It's an undeniable fact.
When I point out that Vettel built a gap of 6.6 seconds to his team-mate before he got stuck behind Hülkenberg in Canada, it doesn't matter if you 'agree' or not. It's an undeniable fact.

Being correct about fact is not a popularity context.
If a poll shows that 90% of Formula 1 fans believe that the number 5 is bigger than the number 15, the popularity of that opinion does not make it correct.

basti313
basti313

Pierce89 wrote:Most of the time, nobody else agrees with your "correct version". So, you make all these accusations about misinformation, double standards etc. When in the eyes of the majority, you're the one guilty of these very things.
Majority?
I can only speak for me, but I am rather annoyed of the "majority" of guys just bringing nothing more than "Ricciardo was better =D>" in this discussion and attacking someone personally who brings facts that are worth to discuss just because it makes them look stupid with their biased and baseless squeals.
Pierce89 wrote: Dude, you have no clue. Every week MNM is in an argument, attacking someone because they don't believe Vettel is the best.
Attacking? Where? Mnm brings arguments/facts. Not more. If you see it as an attack or an offense that someone brings facts that disprove your point, then you should either not post weak points or live with it.
Don`t russel the hamster!

turbof1

That was the drop. Thread closed. Good job guys...
#AeroFrodo