2013 Indian GP - Buddh

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Chuckjr

Re: 2013 Indian GP - Buddh

SectorOne wrote:Mercedes strategy room

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/im ... ice_1A.jpg

I know I'm late replying but SectorOne, that was really funny. Nice! Lol!
Watching F1 since 1986.

CHT
CHT

Hail22 wrote:I really feel bad for Webber, lets see what happens to Ricciardo' car in 2014. :roll:

Webber conspiracy will not end with how Ricciardo perform in 2014.

raymondu999

Hail22 wrote:
Hobbs04 wrote:Armco could solve all of this.
Or simply follow the Laguna Seca principle, rumble strips with extremely rough concrete followed by sand / gravel:

http://thumbsnap.com/s/5PlFc5N1.jpg

http://www.bikesportnews.com/download/n ... 48DCB2.jpg
Forget Laguna, go Ricard.
raymondu999 wrote:I've talked with someone who those of you who've been here a while should remember.

Here's what he had to say:
anonymous old friend wrote:There is a solution, Tif, and you must have seen it, because you have read my very short and concise posts (oh, the good times you must have spent on them!) on circuits:

Paul Ricard abrasive stripes

As everybody, including young Adam, knows, the blue abrasive stripes damage your tyres forcing you to pit, the red ones disable the tyres and put you out of the race. Both types allow you to brake and recover if heading for the barriers. I have no idea what the white ones are for.

I wouldn't call FIA accomplices, I would call them cheap. Besides, if you ask me, the track looks cool. 8)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Sevach
Sevach

iotar__ wrote:
This one is minor of course :wink: but Hulkenberg leaving the track decision was a complete joke and further proof that FIA manipulated Hungary. I thought it wasn't even debatable, you are four wheels off - penalty, look how mentality can change depending on a driver, ugh. So let me get this straight this is not forced (Massa's wing bottom left, first picture) and gaining advantage:
I was surprised at the Hulkenberg decision since it seems to go against what they've been doing the last couple of seasons (with Grosjean in Hungary being the most extreme example).

Romain even decided let Kimi back through after going out in the same spot yet Hulk...

Weird weekend since friday regarding track limit rules.

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Lotus just screwed Raikonnen's race. They simply choose the worst possible strategy for him. If they followed Vettel's strategy, for example, he would have been second easily. If they simply followed regular OPP strat he would probably be on the podium. And some people cannot see this and claim he is slower than Groj :D lol! :D Numbers do not lie. Lotus has dropped the ball a few times this year. I believed they had the second best car and should have been second on both championship. Well anyhow.. you will see next year Lotus will be nowhere.

More importantly, Vettel has done an AMAZING job, nice donuts too :D He and the team deserved it more than anyone else.

raymondu999

foxmulder_ms wrote:Lotus just screwed Raikonnen's race. They simply choose the worst possible strategy for him.
That "worst possible strategy" moved Grosjean from P17 to P3.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Please... :wtf:

siskue2005

raymondu999 wrote:
foxmulder_ms wrote:Lotus just screwed Raikonnen's race. They simply choose the worst possible strategy for him.
No, Romain had 12 laps in first stint coz he started on fresh tyres
Kimi pitted on 6th lap as he started with the tyres he qualified , and trying to do 54 laps on medium is worst possible strategy!

FW17

siskue2005 wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:
No, Romain had 12 laps in first stint coz he started on fresh tyres
Kimi pitted on 6th lap as he started with the tyres he qualified , and trying to do 54 laps on medium is worst possible strategy!
After being stuck behind Hulk, Kimi would not have finished ahead of him. After the Sauber stopped for the second time, there was no way Kimi was going to leapfrog him hence lotus tried to run him to the end.

Traction

How much influence does a driver have over race strategy, surely a driver has the best insight into how a car is performing on a certain track with a certain setup, tyres etc.I cant believe a driver would not over rule a certain strategy for a race if he felt strongly enough that it was not the correct one. If a change to the strategy is made during the race for reasons only the pit crew can see from telemmetry etc then thats a given but in this case I am referring to a strategy decided upon before the actually race.
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

raymondu999

I think the issue is how strongly the drivers feel about it in the first place. I think some drivers are stuck in the rut of thinking "the engineers and computers have pored over this data over and over. That's got to be better than just going by 'gut feel' right?"

I get the impression sometimes that some drivers do want to tell their teams "let's do this instead" but they lack the confidence to make the call - and instead they let the engineers have the final say. IMO Alonso strikes a good balance. He questions the strategy at times and has a debate about it over the radio, as opposed to having the final say for himself, like how Button tackled 2010 China/Melbourne.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

siskue2005

WilliamsF1 wrote:
siskue2005 wrote: No, Romain had 12 laps in first stint coz he started on fresh tyres
After being stuck behind Hulk, Kimi would not have finished ahead of him. After the Sauber stopped for the second time, there was no way Kimi was going to leapfrog him hence lotus tried to run him to the end.
When the sauber pitted for the last time, they had a problem with their wheel gun andhe lost 10 sec in pit, that should have made them pit kimi again!

Kiril Varbanov

Ran a new poll on the main page: Who was your driver of the day and why? Vote and discuss here.

munudeges
munudeges

Hail22 wrote:
Mika1 wrote:
ringo wrote:Grosjean doing a fine job; making the kimster look ordinary. Maybe Romain should have got the Ferrari contract?
Haha, forgotten last year? Never.
Everyone deserves a second chance, I have to say Romain has turned his attitude / driving style around....
I'm afraid he really hasn't and there's been periods this year and last when he's had purple patches. This is the longest of all of them. But the situation behind Gutierrez was hilarious. All Gutierrez did was position his car in the middle of the track and Grosjean had no idea what to do as he screamed over the radio. His recent period of no crashing has basically come about by completely avoiding other cars.

If you were racing in a time trial you would certainly recruit Grosjean, but Formula 1 is not a time trial. It's a classic piece of insanity in watching the same thing again and expecting results to be different. Ditto Maldonado or Perez.

It's going to be fun to watch Grosjean next year when he's going to have fill the void and get at least double the points he has now.

dren

munudeges wrote: His recent period of no crashing has basically come about by completely avoiding other cars.
Amazing how that works...
Honda!