2013 Indian GP - Buddh

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
iotar__

Re: 2013 Indian GP - Buddh

n_anirudh wrote:The prices were dropped significantly, with general admission close to US$25 on raceday...pretty decent track,located close to airports and the capital city, I am sure we wont see Korea and India post 2014... :(
Happens, local driver participating would help probably, F1 is overall too expensive, I read that local government is covering Spa losses despite all discounts for Euro classic.

It's normal rather high speed and wide F1 track, I didn't remember it and and had to re-scroll last race. Track is not the biggest problem and you can overtake there in the usual place - big straight as Gorsjean did against Maldonado/Rosberg. Alonso had one too but it was early in the race and dismissed as result of gear ratios, pity this gear ratio is not used to explain qualifying, it's always in one direction about Alonso for some ;-) .

oT v1
oT v1

Can anyone remember how strong the lotus's were last year? It's nice to see a battle in the WCC at least, I hope Merc can topple the big rouge one and Lotus can apply some pressure.
The Power of Dreams

Blackout

oT v1 wrote:Can anyone remember how strong the lotus's were last year? It's nice to see a battle in the WCC at least, I hope Merc can topple the big rouge one and Lotus can apply some pressure.
The E20 were not very strong in India last year because of the newly adopted coanda exhausts. they lacked power and were difficult to set up. The E21 is much stronger than the E20 in every area (fast corners, slow corners etc) only top speed didnt increase much compared to the coanda version of the E20.
Medium and soft specs of the Pirelli schould help the E21s a lot.
Last edited by Blackout on 16 Oct 2013, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

dren

I hope Mercedes puts in a proper performance this race. It should be a Red Bull 1-2 again, though.
Honda!

SectorOne

For Quali it will probably be a Red Bull - Mercedes - Lotus - Ferrari lockout.
And the race Lotus and Mercedes switch places possibly.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

iotar__

Maybe if it's very hot (30 degrees now) it can be something similar to Germany/Hungary. Degradation is probably not high enough and Red Bull is faster now.

SiLo

I'm not even sure why I'm posting, I've basically given up until 2014...
But Vettel win, possibly pole.
Felipe Baby!

dren

Narain Karthikeyan will sit in for Mark Webber and whoop Vettel's ass, until team orders come into play and force Narain to pull aside and wait for a lap so Vettel can pass him for the lead.
Honda!

godlameroso

Last year they brought the soft and medium compounds, this year with the softs and mediums they're essentially using the softs and super softs of last year. At least we'll see some sort of qualifying record here. As for the race, the nature of the circuit means that a three stopper will be the best strategy, that way they can push with the tires. The softs will never make it more than 8 or 9 laps, at least pushing at the start, maybe they can go 15 on low fuel. While the mediums will be good for about 15 but teams will have to stretch them out at the end. The Pit delta is about average so about 20-24 seconds.

In any case it seems that Red Bull will destroy everyone here, particularly in the third sector, as that is where they have always been strongest. Last year Vettel could pull half second gaps at will in sector 3 alone, and now that they don't have any problem with the high speed stuff of sector one it'll be no problem for them at all. Sector 2 is the most interesting to me personally. It's more about accuracy than anything else, the hardest part is judging the proper entry speed for it because the whole sector is one long continuous dance.
Last edited by godlameroso on 17 Oct 2013, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
Saishū kōnā

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Expectations:

Vettel pole & win
The Ricciardo railway to reach 11 carriages

FW17

only 20k tickets sold

raymondu999

godlameroso wrote:As for the race, the nature of the circuit means that a three stopper will be the best strategy, that way they can push with the tires. The softs will never make it more than 8 or 9 laps, at least pushing at the start, maybe they can go 15 on low fuel. While the mediums will be good for about 15 but teams will have to stretch them out at the end. The Pit delta is about average so about 20-24 seconds.
Eh? A 3-stopper for a race that was a comfortable 1-stop the year before?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

WilliamsF1 wrote:only 20k tickets sold
Could that be proof that fans disapprove Bernie Ecclestones decision to remove the race for 2014?

Or that F1 racing has become a Pirelli / Bull procession?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Diff-user
Diff-user

Hail22 wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:only 20k tickets sold
Could that be proof that fans disapprove Bernie Ecclestones decision to remove the race for 2014?

Or that F1 racing has become a Pirelli / Bull procession?
If anything the fact that there will be no race in 2014 should have pushed more people into buying this year's ticket. In India, motorsports isn't be as popular as say cricket or soccer. The 20k you hear of are pretty much most of the motorsports enthusiasts in the country willing to spend a weekend watching these cars race.

The thought that there might not be another F1 race in the subcontinent might push a few thousand more to buy the tickets may be. But thats pretty much it. I feel bad on losing my home grand prix, but then that's bernie's show biz.
money makes the cars go round
engines are there just for the sound
V10.......V8.......V6....... V none
And that's the story of Formula 1

godlameroso

The worst part is that a state of the art track will be basically abandoned. Think of all the good that could have been done with that money.
Saishū kōnā