Ross Brawn leaves Mercedes

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: Ross Brawn leaves Mercedes

I believe Marussia is his most likely destination, depending a bit if MrM returns as head of the FIA.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

GitanesBlondes

Marussia as preferred winner status for the future?

"Why look, with proper organization, even a backmarker can go from worst to first."
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

KingHamilton01

Alonso and Brawn at McLaren Honda in 2015!
McLaren Mercedes

xpensive
xpensive

GitanesBlondes wrote:Marussia as preferred winner status for the future?

"Why look, with proper organization, even a backmarker can go from worst to first."
Right, didn't Brawn take one of his previous teams from 9th to 1st, albeit certain official aid, from one season to another?

Where is Marussia now, 9th?

lebesset
lebesset

has there been an official statement from mercedes yet ?
beginning to wonder if ross has ' leaked ' this ....give me what I want or I'm off , calling their bluff , so to speak
frankly I think they would be sorry if he leaves , bear in mind he has drop dead money in his pocket ; if I had to choose between paddy and ross I know which I would want ...compare the progress between McLaren and mercedes this year
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

FoxHound

I think mercedes progress has a bit more to do with Aldo Costa, Bob Bell, Geoff Willis, the 60% wind tunnel, bigger budget etc.

Brawn's role is supervisory/management. In much the same way domenicalli and whitmarsh are for Ferrari and Mclaren respectively.
JET set

GitanesBlondes

lebesset wrote:has there been an official statement from mercedes yet ?
beginning to wonder if ross has ' leaked ' this ....give me what I want or I'm off , calling their bluff , so to speak
frankly I think they would be sorry if he leaves , bear in mind he has drop dead money in his pocket ; if I had to choose between paddy and ross I know which I would want ...compare the progress between McLaren and mercedes this year
I think we should reassess in 2015 when McLaren has Honda power, along with Prodromou.

McLaren had a down year when they opted to try for a new front suspension.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

GitanesBlondes

xpensive wrote:
GitanesBlondes wrote:Marussia as preferred winner status for the future?

Right, didn't Brawn take one of his previous teams from 9th to 1st, albeit certain official aid, from one season to another?

Where is Marussia now, 9th?
It would look good to Russian investors too?

Brawn at Marussia would be good since we know the PR power of the man who was running the Tri-Star team would be quite significant. Russians love their Mercedes.

xpensive
xpensive

Marussia will have Mercedes power next year, no?

gary123

xpensive wrote:Marussia will have Mercedes power next year, no?
No. They are going to have the Ferrari one.

xpensive
xpensive

That works, I'm sure Brawn has some Ferrai outfits at home, hope they will fit.

lebesset
lebesset

GitanesBlondes wrote:
I think we should reassess in 2015 when McLaren has Honda power, along with Prodromou.

how does that affect the comparison with what was achieved this year ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

GitanesBlondes

lebesset wrote:
GitanesBlondes wrote:

how does that affect the comparison with what was achieved this year ?
New formula next year, no sense in wasting money and resources on a car that will be obsolete....unless you're Mercedes and you need to convince the Daimler Board not to bring the axe down on the F1 thing.

xpensive
xpensive

GitanesBlondes wrote: ...
So that was the problem, who could have guessed? :wink:

Marussia was perhaps stretching it, but I'd love to see him take on Mercedes-powered Williams and prove what a moron I am.

Richard
Richard

xpensive wrote:Marussia was perhaps stretching it, but I'd love to see him take on Mercedes-powered Williams and prove what a moron I am.
First podium at Austin would be apt?