2013 United States Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Richard
Richard

Re: 2013 United States Grand Prix

Lets not get too caught up in idolising drivers and teams.

Perhaps the McLaren was an absolute dog and Hamilton's heroic powers made the difference. Perhaps the McLaren was a rocket ship and Hamilton was stupid in qualifying but he was able to cruise to the front thanks to the superior front end. Reality is likely to lie somewhere between the two. It was a fast car (both drivers posted good times over the weekend) with a talented driver (he beat his team-mate).

It's near impossible to separate driver and car when assessing performance. What counts are the points on the board at the end of the race. If we stray too far beyond that we usually end up heading to the other thread :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... ead#unread

Edit - Driver yin yang posts have been deleted.

f1316
f1316

No Kimi here or in Brazil then. I hope that means valsecchi gets a go - don't like the idea of gp2 champs not getting the chance to race in f1.

Joie de vivre

due to surgery of his back

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Kvyat will drive FP1.

Kiril Varbanov

Davide V. is still not 100% sure. Some suggest that Nico H. might get the seat for the last two races ...

gt6racer
gt6racer

Joie de vivre wrote:due to surgery of his back

Or just carrying out his threat based upon wages ??
Of course it's not good that he doesn't get paid - but there are fans coming from all over to Ausin to see him race. What about them ? I guess it won't matter as after this stunt they won't be fans anyway....
"I am not designed to come second or third. I am designed to win" - Ayrton

Richard
Richard

The occasional off topic posts are OK, but the Raikkonen debate is gathering a life of its own.

Lets talk about Lotus team in the Lotus thread :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... ead#unread

AnthonyG

I'm hoping for another D'Ambrosio chance, but I fear that might be totaly out of question.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

oT v1
oT v1

Dont suppose there'll be any rain for the weekend in Austin? how are the conditions looking
The Power of Dreams

slimfitcasual

Looking like a 30-40% chance of of thunderstorms... Being Texas, this can change in an instant. 8)
Per ardua ad astra

mikeerfol

F1.com says rain for Saturday.

theformula

In regards to Lewis keeping a tight line in turn 6 as mentioned in my post before, he has published his take on the Circuit of the Americas here: http://www.lewishamilton.com/post/5c921 ... c4c1f034c/
He made the comment "It's important to get as far back to the righthand side for turn 6 so you can carry a lot of speed through there."
This probably explains why he keeps further to the right than anyone else - the fact that you can carry more speed through there as opposed to when you drift out slightly. Since the entry to the next corner doesn't matter much, carrying more speed through turn 6 will lower overall laptime.
Hamilton's blessed with an ability to make a car do pretty much anything he wants - Mark Hughes

godlameroso

The medium tire will be the race tire to use this weekend, the hard will be about .3-.4 tenths slower, and the durability vs the medium compound will not be much greater, probably four laps more. A good strategy might be to start on the medium, switch to the hard for the second stint and then back to the medium for the last stint. I imagine the option is good for around 17 laps and the hard for 21-22 tops. The only advantage is the hard is probably better suited to overtaking cars than the soft will be. The fight for best of the rest will be very entertaining, I imagine Vettel will run away with his, one and a half second per lap advantage.
Saishū kōnā

Shrieker

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Davide V. is still not 100% sure. Some suggest that Nico H. might get the seat for the last two races ...
I'd love to see that...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Hail22

Pirelli track walkthrough:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA1UwNrKtF0[/youtube]
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve