2013 United States Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2013 United States Grand Prix

Hulk will not race with Lotus, he prefers to stay in the same team for the last two races.

I would like to see an interesting battle between two teams/drivers once again but this American GP will see anothe majestic victory for Vettel if something strange doesnt happen.

Anyway I expect to see a competitive Hamilton here and a faster Ferrari, but Alonso will not be at 100% due to his his muscular problems.

fritticaldi

Heikki Kovalainen in at Lotus.

Juzh

Last's year GP onboard mix while we wait for FPs to begin. For entertainment purposes only :!:

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7

godlameroso

So another Finn in the Lotus, hopefully this Finn can bring the team some stability. Sorry I had to.
Saishū kōnā

raymondu999

godlameroso wrote:So another Finn in the Lotus, hopefully this Finn can bring the team some stability. Sorry I had to.
Did the last one generate unwanted vortices?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

New Chassis on the way for Lewis Hamilton after two large cracks were identified:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/form ... 8--f1.html
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

Hail22 wrote:New Chassis on the way for Lewis Hamilton after two large cracks were identified:

"new chassis" is generally code for "placebo" in F1, such as Raikkonen pre-Spa 09 and Vettel post-Monaco 2010, but given the circumstances of Lewis banging the T3 (or was it T4?) kerbing at Abu Dhabi, and snapping his rear wishbone in qualifying, I actually think (for the first time ever) that "new chassis to replace damaged one" could actually be true.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Vasconia

raymondu999 wrote:
Hail22 wrote:New Chassis on the way for Lewis Hamilton after two large cracks were identified:

"new chassis" is generally code for "placebo" in F1, such as Raikkonen pre-Spa 09 and Vettel post-Monaco 2010, but given the circumstances of Lewis banging the T3 (or was it T4?) kerbing at Abu Dhabi, and snapping his rear wishbone in qualifying, I actually think (for the first time ever) that "new chassis to replace damaged one" could actually be true.
Even if it is true it will be a necessary "placebo" to improve his performance in the last two races.

The race needs a competitive Hamilton, and I hope he will finally do a good start, because when he has the opportunity to attack he always disappoint me with awful starts.

Helios

Vasconia wrote:
Even if it is true it will be a necessary "placebo" to improve his performance in the last two races.

The race needs a competitive Hamilton, and I hope he will finally do a good start, because when he has the opportunity to attack he always disappoint me with awful starts.
He had 3 super starts in the last 3 races. The starts aren't his main problem, it's more like he's losing out to the others throughout the first lap, especially on the first proper straight.

SectorOne

raymondu999 wrote:"new chassis" is generally code for "placebo" in F1,
And the evidence for this claim can be found where?
extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

And what made you think this was real and not others?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Helios wrote:
Vasconia wrote:

He had 3 super starts in the last 3 races. The starts aren't his main problem, it's more like he's losing out to the others throughout the first lap, especially on the first proper straight.
Abu Dhabi & Korea he got pinched at T1, India he got it all wrong at T2. C'est la vie.

Vasconia

But when he qualifies second and he can attack Vettel he always make a bad start, Nico in the same position has put Vettel under some pressure. So I prefer if Nico qualifies ahead of Lewis.

simieski
simieski

SectorOne wrote:

To compare two examples, I think in April Grosjean had a new chassis to help improve his form, although no defects were found to my kowledge with the old chassis, i.e placebo. Conversely Hamilton's is being replaced after cracks were found in it, i.e rubber ducked.
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

Kiril Varbanov

SectorOne

Hopefully that red flag does not mean scrapping the whole session. Just post-poned.

simieski wrote:
SectorOne wrote:

To compare two examples, I think in April Grosjean had a new chassis to help improve his form, although no defects were found to my kowledge with the old chassis, i.e placebo. Conversely Hamilton's is being replaced after cracks were found in it, i.e rubber ducked.
But then you have a distinct difference. Did Lotus claim his chassis was broken?
And if they did, what evidence supports that it wasn´t.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"