Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
mertol

Re: Racing games

As far as I can tell from the discussions on assetto corsa forums the multiplayer will remain the way it is - no safety ratings, no skill ratings, no championships. Which means participation will bottom out rather quickly.

Moanlower

mertol wrote:As far as I can tell from the discussions on assetto corsa forums the multiplayer will remain the way it is - no safety ratings, no skill ratings, no championships. Which means participation will bottom out rather quickly.
Although these things are also things I wished Kunos would incorporate, it doesn't mean AC has no future if it isn't taken care for by themselves. The modding world has already invaded AC in a very positive way with lots of great 3rd party cars and tracks. These talented people also have the skills, tools and freedom to create a sort of safety and skill rating with well organised championships as a result from that. There is nothing that stops them from creating anything that is needed to make fair and competitive championships. More and bigger sponsors will join. All it needs is a little more time, the game itself isn't even finished yet.
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

SectorOne

mertol wrote:As far as I can tell from the discussions on assetto corsa forums the multiplayer will remain the way it is - no safety ratings, no skill ratings, no championships. Which means participation will bottom out rather quickly.
No way, there´s simracing forums that host championships and there´s probably several hundred different leagues with different cars in different sim-titles.

Even iRacing that has it´s official races has loads and loads of private leagues.
No safety rating and skill rating many feel is a good thing because if someone crashes into you, you get penalized as well, and it will affect your iRating because most likely you either get a DNF or severely hampered position in the race.

With a private league you have control over what people you race, in official races you don´t have much control.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

mertol

I don't like league racing. It means 1 race per week, casual racing and bad survivabilty.

SectorOne

mertol wrote:I don't like league racing. It means 1 race per week, casual racing and bad survivabilty.
1 race per week, practice during the week = high chance of having successful races.

We used to run practice sessions together and constantly battle each other, first it made practice go by faster, second it improved your racecraft tenfold.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

mertol

Sure I practice a lot too but only 1 race per week is bad. You might not be available at that time, you might crash in turn 1 and then whole week is wasted. Then usually after 2 rounds there are 5 men left active.

SectorOne

mertol wrote:Then usually after 2 rounds there are 5 men left active.
Never experienced that myself, i used to run leagues with 30+ drivers, sometimes we were packed on SPA 60 guys in multiclass racing.

"you might crash in turn 1 and then whole week is wasted."

That´s part of racing. Leave it behind and go after the next one.

Edit: also worth pointing out, there´s not official races going on all the time in iRacing.
If it´s not a popular series you can basically only race on weekends as those are the only races that gets official (12+ drivers)

I know when i raced in iRacing series like the Lotus 79 and stuff basically ran like a league but used the official races.

mertol

I used to run lotus 79 a lot. Still you can find races almost every day and on the weekend there are several races per day. And that's the unpopular series while on other games the leagues are the "popular" stuff.

SectorOne

Must have seen a surge after i left because when i was there nobody ran it, they only ran once during the weekend.
Several other series had the same issue, nobody ran them and if they ran it was the high SoF races on the weekend.

mertol

When did you run it? Have you heard about the CTC:

SectorOne

I never ran it but i read the forums and i had guys i know running in it.
This was years ago.

It wasn´t called CTC either if i´m not mistaken.

Moanlower

Assetto Corsa Release Candidate news!

http://www.assettocorsa.net/assetto-cor ... date-news/

Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

Alonso Fan

mertol wrote:Ye gran turismo is the same. What am I supposed to see on your video the yellow braking disks?
I never thought I'd say this, but I backtrack on everything I said about codemasters/forza/gran trismo.

Having played Geoff crammonds grand prix 3 and loving the physics, I decided to play AC...

And what the hell, I love the physics!! So realistic, and very similar to gp3

Btw my motherboard died shortly after my mini upgrade and I brought a whole lot of new parts and built a new pc, so AC runs smoothly even with my Radeon hd 6770 :)

Tried playing with a keyboard and jeez, its hard to stay in a straight line! Might need to fork out some more cash and buy a g27 :)

F1 2013/14 = pile of rubbish and waste of money.

AC mod f1 2014 = awesome, (and the formula corsa nodding team got the sound perfect!)

Kudos to all those involved !!
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

mertol

So you converted :) good for you. A warning about the g27 - you will need to drill holes on your desk to mount it properly because it only has 2 clamps at the front which give up the first time you hit a kurb with the ffb on.

Alonso Fan

mertol wrote:So you converted :) good for you. A warning about the g27 - you will need to drill holes on your desk to mount it properly because it only has 2 clamps at the front which give up the first time you hit a kurb with the ffb on.
:)

Thanks for the tip

Btw, anyone know how to fix the wall bug on modded tracks?

Every time I hit, even scrape a wall, the car goes crazy doing flips and going totally off the track map etc, its like it gets clouted by an intimately large force.

I have to reset to the pits every time so annoying on a track like Singapore or Monaco

this is the bug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV1qqAWVXNg
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa