2014 Engine testing ... or not ....

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Redragon

Re: 2014 Engine testing ... or not ....

aleks_ader wrote:I doubt that teams don't use media as a "pulleys"(i know is silly comparison, but anyway :D ) to grab much attention they can. If you had a lot of sponsors they will love it. Especially when shows you in a good shape like win WDC etc. Propaganda is sadly (of-course how you look at) part of every step in our live.

And also congrats to Ferrari they find out very neat, creative and unique way how to make attention to certain group of fans (engine, F1, motorheads etc.)...
If the technical team is as good as the marketing this year I think f2014 could actually promise

Redragon

Owen.C93 wrote:Look this this timestamped video. It shows why it's not worth panning because the slats block your view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... mG410#t=44
I undertand what you say, but us "fans", if we were on that situation, taking that risk we would be recording on the same way as you are showing, you will only take a shoot as the one shown on laferrari mule video if you don't want to show much and if you understand about composition and image.
As you can see from your video the turn is well shown, they could actually record that bit as it shows more than actually the choosen but they didn't and that on my view is shows is a professional not a fan.

timbo
timbo

Redragon wrote:This footage it is too static.
Ever seen tripods? :)

Abarth

timbo wrote:
Was definitely not on a tripod, you can see easily the "trembling", since start of video.

timbo
timbo

Abarth wrote:
timbo wrote:
Was definitely not on a tripod, you can see easily the "trembling", since start of video.
Depends where tripod is mounted itself, if it's on soil trembling is possible.
However it can be not on tripod but just put on a guard rail or wall.

SectorOne

Yea i´d say tripod, unless the person is super steady and has a phone with a floating lens.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Holm86

Apparently Ferrari tested the V8 engine in the back of an Enzo back in 2005. This increases the chance that this is in fact the V6 F1 engine.

CBeck113
CBeck113

Here's a video showing the view from inside the fence:
http://youtu.be/4znTECUsRT0
HO-fu**ing-HO!

From the outside you can only look straight ahead due to the fencing material.

OR....

Maybe they were testing the 2014 V6 in the Laferrari in order to see if it could tow the sleigh... :lol:
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Redragon

timbo wrote:
Abarth wrote:
timbo wrote: Ever seen tripods? :)
Depends where tripod is mounted itself, if it's on soil trembling is possible.
However it can be not on tripod but just put on a guard rail or wall.
It could be on a mono-tripod but if it was recorded with a mobile as it looks because of quality of image, which mobile has a screw for tripods, none. Only handy cams as Kodak Zi8 and that could be a possibility.
Now, I am not saying the image is static because is well placed the camera in situ, what i am trying to come across is it doesn't try to show as much as it could do, meaning it is purpose from my point of view.

Holm86

Is this thread about F1 engines?? Or tripods??

Redragon

Holm86 wrote:Is this thread about F1 engines?? Or tripods??
Sorry Holm86, I just want to transmit the message that the video and pictures from their twitter account, have been carefully thought through and from my point of view it is a way to present creatively their new V6 engine to the world.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Redragon wrote:
Holm86 wrote:Is this thread about F1 engines?? Or tripods??
Sorry Holm86, I just want to transmit the message that the video and pictures from their twitter account, have been carefully thought through and from my point of view it is a way to present creatively their new V6 engine to the world.
Pictures from twitter?
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Redragon

Owen.C93 wrote:
Redragon wrote: Sorry Holm86, I just want to transmit the message that the video and pictures from their twitter account, have been carefully thought through and from my point of view it is a way to present creatively their new V6 engine to the world.
Pictures from twitter?
Check the first page of the thread

Holm86

Apparently Renault have done the same thing with a FR 3.5 chassis at Magny Cours.

No video evidence though.

Bredd
Bredd

Holm86 wrote:Apparently Renault have done the same thing with a FR 3.5 chassis at Magny Cours.

No video evidence though.
How is it that they can get away with that without any video or sound being recorded. If they had tested at silverstone or spain for example someone (fans) would of got videos, pictures or sound come hell or high water. The french just not bothered?