Lotus E22 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: Lotus E22 Pre-launch Speculation

PhillipM wrote:It's nothing to do with the drivers as you seem to think, and everything to do with the financial backing of the team :roll:

Lotus is in trouble, and has barely scraped through enough funding for this year.
perhaps i wasn't obvious enough in my sarcasm...... :idea:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PhillipM
PhillipM

Manoah2u wrote:
PhillipM wrote:It's nothing to do with the drivers as you seem to think, and everything to do with the financial backing of the team :roll:

Lotus is in trouble, and has barely scraped through enough funding for this year.
No, you weren't.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

my mistake, it was meant sarcastic :wink:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

medeni73
medeni73

If they wanted to say "we are not doomed people, look our car exists!!!" well look at this:
One team has posted this not long ago to prove they're serious...name of the team: US F1

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Boullier: More teams will miss first test

9:14 – Lotus team boss Eric Boullier is certain that more outfits have taken the decision to skip the first of only three pre-season tests this year, given the tight deadlines brought upon by the new regulations.

While Mercedes, McLaren and Caterham have all announced that they will be ready for the Jerez gathering, Lotus made clear on Monday that its new car is set to be unveiled ahead of the subsequent Bahrain tests.

Speaking to BBC Sport, Boullier explained: "You will see, we will not be the only team not being in Jerez. I know this for a fact already.

"We already said a month ago that it is going to be tight. Actually most of the teams agreed it was going to be tight. Then it was a decision we took.

"It is true the car will not be ready on time, but we will be ready shortly after that – and in some ways, it is not bad because we will have time to watch what the others are doing and nobody will be able to watch what we are doing.

"Remember, this year it is a big regulation change, so everybody will be watching very carefully what the others have done."

Lotus' absence from the opening test has raised further doubts over the financial state of the team, but Boullier insists that the situation is under control.

"Everything is fine here," Boullier added. "Lotus will be on the grid this year and for a long time."

Source:

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... irst_test/

Pierce89

PhillipM wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

No, you weren't.
Yeah he was perfectly clear in his sarcasm. You just didn't recognize it.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

JDC123
JDC123

LookBackTime wrote:Boullier: More teams will miss first test

9:14 – Lotus team boss Eric Boullier is certain that more outfits have taken the decision to skip the first of only three pre-season tests this year, given the tight deadlines brought upon by the new regulations.

While Mercedes, McLaren and Caterham have all announced that they will be ready for the Jerez gathering, Lotus made clear on Monday that its new car is set to be unveiled ahead of the subsequent Bahrain tests.

Speaking to BBC Sport, Boullier explained: "You will see, we will not be the only team not being in Jerez. I know this for a fact already.

"We already said a month ago that it is going to be tight. Actually most of the teams agreed it was going to be tight. Then it was a decision we took.

"It is true the car will not be ready on time, but we will be ready shortly after that – and in some ways, it is not bad because we will have time to watch what the others are doing and nobody will be able to watch what we are doing.

"Remember, this year it is a big regulation change, so everybody will be watching very carefully what the others have done."

Lotus' absence from the opening test has raised further doubts over the financial state of the team, but Boullier insists that the situation is under control.

"Everything is fine here," Boullier added. "Lotus will be on the grid this year and for a long time."

Source:

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... irst_test/
Boulliers comments about other teams not being able to see their car at the first test doesn't really matter, because even if their car has something which other teams think is good and want to copy, it take a couple of months for a design to become a physical part that can be used anyway.

ecapox

"More teams are going to miss the Jerez test"

Excellent. Good thing lotus is the same caliber team as Marussia or Caterham....

FrukostScones

ecapox wrote:"More teams are going to miss the Jerez test"

Excellent. Good thing lotus is the same caliber team as Marussia or Caterham....
Surely there are not the same caliber as Caterham. Because Lotus will not be in Jerez. 8)
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

stefan_
stefan_

medeni73 wrote:If they wanted to say "we are not doomed people, look our car exists!!!" well look at this:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/wp-content ... f1done.jpg
One team has posted this not long ago to prove they're serious...name of the team: US F1
Dude it's a teaser...everyone does that.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Holm86

http://www.fia.com/2014-fia-f1-world-ch ... entry-list

Romain GROSJEAN (FRA)

LOTUS RENAULT F1 LTD (GBR)**

Lotus F1 Team

Lotus

Renault

----------------------------------------------

Pastor MALDONADO (VEN)

Lotus F1 Team

Lotus

Renault

----------------------------------------------

So official entry list states Renault engines.

zack!
zack!

What was name of Louts F1 team in 2013 ?
Was Renault mentioned ?

lio007

zack! wrote:What was name of Louts F1 team in 2013 ?
Was Renault mentioned ?
It has already been "Lotus F1 team".

I'd like to know what would be confirmed in terms of company name.
(** Subject to confirmation)
BTW...I think stuff like this should be discussed in the team-thread!?

Holm86

lio007 wrote:
zack! wrote:What was name of Louts F1 team in 2013 ?
Was Renault mentioned ?
It has already been "Lotus F1 team".

I'd like to know what would be confirmed in terms of company name.
(** Subject to confirmation)
BTW...I think stuff like this should be discussed in the team-thread!?
I think its the country which is subject to confirmation. I think its relevant here as well because it confirms the E22 will have a Renault engine.