Double Points @ Final Race

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Paul

Re: Double Points @ Final Race

Will the trophies be twice as big as well? And will the podium have six steps? So many questions...

FrukostScones

Paul wrote:Will the trophies be twice as big as well? And will the podium have six steps? So many questions...
and yet still no Champagne... :lol:

another petition link:

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/formula1
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

H2H
H2H

First I was just :lol: but then I realized that this is no joke but a sign that the FIA has went a little too far on the path of madness. This seems to be straight out of a game like Mario Karts, what a load of **** and a kneejerk reaction to one of those rather rare dominant seasons.

Ironically enough such a rule would have possibly taken much of the emotions of the 2008 and 2012 final races away. In any case it just stinks like the cheap artificial drivel it is.

langwadt
langwadt

H2H wrote:First I was just :lol: but then I realized that this is no joke but a sign that the FIA has went a little too far on the path of madness. This seems to be straight out of a game like Mario Karts, what a load of **** and a kneejerk reaction to one of those rather rare dominant seasons.

Ironically enough such a rule would have possibly taken much of the emotions of the 2008 and 2012 final races away. In any case it just stinks like the cheap artificial drivel it is.

I can imagine some teams are already trying to figure out if a strategic DNF to get a fresh gearbox for the last race and
or starting from the pits in one of the of other races to have a sixth powerunit for the last race might be an advantage

LionKing
LionKing

Very bad idea... Would anyone support 6 point games for the last weekend in soccer leagues?

In the case that it leads to a different driver winning the WDC compared to usual scoring, we will never see the end of arguments about "Real champion", "stolen championships" etc.

DNF at the final race will be very costly and this is the time of the season where the teams will be strained with their engine allocation.

Mika1
Mika1

Jake Humphrey ‏@mrjakehumphrey 3h
Err...so fourth place at Abu Dhabi is worth only one point less than victory at Spa, Monza, Silverstone?!? I don't think so. #Gimmick
The boss follows me on twitter.

radosav
radosav

So, if you have 75 points advantage with two races till end of season you are still not sure you will win WDC ?
What a nonsense!

SectorOne

A 1-2 finish = 86 points.. i mean seriously.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Steven
Owner

Sombrero wrote:These are just proposals. Nothing has been decided yet !
No proposals, it was "unanimously agreed" at today's meeting in Paris.

Obviously the FIA want to stretch excitement till the end, but a breakdown in the final race now costs twice as much as in any other race. This just isn't correct.

piast9
piast9

Ridiculous idea. Here's a next one. After each race drivers draw straws and the shortest means "bankrupt" - unfortunate driver looses all his championship points. That would spice things up!

Sebp

gridwalker wrote:And here is the petition link for those of us who don't speak german ;)

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ ... 14-onwards
Cheers mate!
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

LionKing
LionKing

It really does not stretch the championship that much anyways.
19 race season with double last points is very pretty much like 20 race season with regular points.

It may increase hearth attacks during the season finale.

FoxHound

Anyone else notice that not a single fan, or fan based group was consulted in this process?
There should be a transparency in the process rather than what is happening now.
FIA has now beyond dought crossed the line into comedy.
JET set

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

It's obvious why this has been brought in - it's to make the race in Abu Dhabi seem more interesting and thus increase numbers. It's solely intended to keep the oil well owners happy...prestige for them.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

FoxHound wrote:Anyone else notice that not a single fan, or fan based group was consulted in this process?
There should be a transparency in the process rather than what is happening now.
FIA has now beyond dought crossed the line into comedy.
Why should they consult the fans? F1 isn't a democracy. You don't have any stake in the sport other than as a bystander.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.